BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's the way it works...
1-The name of the movie that has a BMW in it.
2-The model # must be exact.
3-The general color, doesn't have to be totally accurate but reference point.
Ok now here's where it gets good. You can bluff or make a mistake. You can be challenged and call someone's bluff. If someone calls your bluff then you have to provide the exact time frame when the BMW is present to backup your claim. If your bluff is called and your wrong, then you lose one point and the person who called your bluff gets two points. If your bluff is called and you aren't wrong then you keep your point and the person who called your bluff loses two points. You can only post one movie/car per post. Person with the most posts wins.

I'll start it off with an easy one.

1- The World Is Not Enough.
2- Z8 E52.
3- Silver.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
^ lol /thread

The one that came to mind when I saw this thread was:

Movie: The Chase
Car: 1995 E36 325is Automatic
Color: Hellrot

Also, there's an older guy in town who's job apparently is to search out BMW's in film and TV series, then document it. I forget his name, but he drives a triple black BMW Alpina Z8 with the Georgia license plate "BMW TV"....he always drives with the top down (rain/snow/pollen/extreme heat or cold makes no difference) and waves at every BMW he sees driving down the road; sometimes you'll see him and he'll be wearing a leather aeronautical helmet w/ goggles lol. While I was working at Taylor BMW (dealership in town), he brought his car in the shop to have the convertible top replaced b/c it had mildewed beyond repair from laying wet in the trunk bay for months. He's also had numerous problems with the electrics in the car from rain exposure. The guy's a quack.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The Transporter
E38 with a custom V12 mated to a manual transmission.

Posted from my iPhone

Reactions: JimBeemer

·
4,395 Posts
Game's over!
i know of at least 1 that is missing, so am sure there's more + there's an unidentified section

Borat
E46 M3 White

Gossip Girls
E92 M3 Black

IRT Deadliest Roads
E93 M3 Red

Drop Dead Sexy
E39 M5 Silver

Lost
E39 M5 Grey

The Simpsons
E28 M5 Pink

Riding Bean
E32 750iL Blue

101 Dalmations
E30 320i Touring Green/Black

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Ronin e34 m black
Taxi e65 ( one blue and one red )
The game e38 silver

·
4,395 Posts
I agree with JZ, the black 1996??? BMW 740 or 750 in the Transporter. Not sure which it is, since it was debadged. One of my favorite movies!
YouTube - Transporter short BMW Films:checkeredflag:
i wonder why there isn't detailed information

they claim it was a 750i 6-Speed one-off - not a conversion

looking on realoem there's no option for manual on the 750i - not that they're the absolute authority, i did find there where some months that the RighHandDrive version was NOT produced & the 740i's did have a 6-Speed

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=GF51&mospid=47516&btnr=23_0222&hg=23&fg=05

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
Some years ago, BMW produced a series of short films "The Hire" starring Clive Owen. My favorate was "Star" featuring Madonna being tossed around in an E39 M5 followed by The Hostage and The Ticker featuring an E85 Z4.

Enjoy it here: YouTube - Star (BMW Short Film) the fun starts at 4:27.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
William Baldwins 2002 in backdraft
Ashton Kutchers e28 in no strings attached
Chevy Chase's E23 in nothing but trouble

1 - 20 of 48 Posts