BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife was in Bournemouth today when she saw what looked liked an E34 drophead (convertible). It was German registered and had throwing star wheels. She says it certainly looked like an M car. Any ideas guys?

:cheers:

ralph (vadas1)

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Hi,

The chances of it being "that one", the single (rumoured *two* made but...) real german E34 convertible are negligible. I bet it's still safely rotting in the BMW mobile tradition museum.

I suspect she saw a sport bodykitted E30 convertible, in dark colours like black and blue it is very easy to mistake them for the E34, especially from the front and front quarter views. I always get threes and sevens of similar vintage mixed up with fives from weird angles or in the mirror!

However, just in case, I'm going for a drive round town!!

mmmmmm
Ivan.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Ashok

I showed her. She isn't really sure. But she is sure that it had throwing stars. Apparantly she has seen it before , parked at Castle Point ( If you are driving around Ivan ).

ralph (vadas1)

·
Registered
310 Posts
How sure is your wife that it was a e34, or stars? M contours from the M3 look similar? Maybe it was an e36 M3?

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
redl1nerpm said:
How sure is your wife that it was a e34, or stars? M contours from the M3 look similar? Maybe it was an e36 M3?

Very sure about the stars, less sure about e34 but I've had my e34 m5 for over 3 years so she should have a fair idea.

ralph (vadas1)

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Weird, my missus asked me only yesterday if there was ever a convertible 5 series (e34) and I said no!! Never knew there was....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts