BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

So i went on Holidays for 2 weeks and when i came back i started up the car, filled it up with fuel for work the next day.
When coming home from work the next day, driving normally in P400 mode, i encountered Engine Fault with the redline coming up to 4500rpm. I limped it home after restarting the car.
Called over a mate and he coded it and it said there was misfiring in bank 1 but random cylinders, sometimes cyl 1,2,4,5 or cyl 3,5 etc.

First i thought it was the battery as it was on the to do list and maybe its finally gone crazy. (Note. Was the original 2005 Battery)
Nope no luck, then tried switching my ionic control units from bank 1 and 2, still no luck. Im just wondering if anyone has had anything like this, i know it could be a number of things but i cant see it being plugs/coils as they went suddenly and only on bank1, cant hear and weird vanos noises, nor have i got any vanos faults.

The only thing i can hear is a rattling/ticking noise from Bank 1 but im unsure if thats from the actual misfire (which i think it is), compared to the problem of the misfire.
I am thinking along the lines of o2 sensor or MAF, but i dont want to keep throwing parts at it.

I have attached some pics of what i found.

What advice do you guys have?
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
235 Posts
I had the same issues. Try switching coils packs around. See if you get a misfire somewhere else. That was my problem. One bad coil.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1 bad coil pack caused multiple cylinders to misfire or just one coil for each cylinder?

Its a bit weird how they would go at once and all one bank 1.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Swap you air mass and check

May be it is the throttle actuator

But what is the third error?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How can i check if my throttle actuator is working, isnt that when the revs will fluctuate.

Also will clean and swap MAFs over from Bank1 and 2.

3rd fault is 2796 motor emergency program activated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
jzx28
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing