BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a my2000 M5 and am trying to do a remote TTFS tune. I have uploaded the new tune to my dme and now am trying to start logging data. However, I'm getting this error: "A packet failure has occured or there was no response from the DME. Disconnecting". I am however able to read codes from the DME and clear them. Just can't log anything.

Has anyone done a remote tune successfully with a my2000 m5? Is there something I'm missing? Maybe I need different logging software?

TIA

h/w + s/w I'm using:
- Frank's obd ii -> usb cable
- Franks ProTune logger for OS X

·
Registered
10,140 Posts
Depending on what software and hardware you have you may have to use the round under hood plug. I don't know what your issue might be but I have found that 2000 and earlier like the round plug and hate the OBD plug. If you search the board for discussions on the round plug you will likely get your answer. It also could be cables to the OBD port, depending on cables you might have to jump pins.

For the guys that know you may want to add more info like the cable you are using, if it has been modded and the software. It sounds like you have loaded your tune even though you say "trying". Try and be a little more clear then they won't have to ask you a bunch of questions or assume some things not in fact. A lot of variables or couldbe's. Another thing that might come into play is the build date on the door sticker.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Depending on what software and hardware you have you may have to use the round under hood plug. I don't know what your issue might be but I have found that 2000 and earlier like the round plug and hate the OBD plug. If you search the board for discussions on the round plug you will likely get your answer. It also could be cables to the OBD port, depending on cables you might have to jump pins.

For the guys that know you may want to add more info like the cable you are using, if it has been modded and the software. It sounds like you have loaded your tune even though you say "trying". Try and be a little more clear then they won't have to ask you a bunch of questions or assume some things not in fact. A lot of variables or couldbe's. Another thing that might come into play is the build date on the door sticker.
> For the guys that know you may want to add more info like the cable you are using, if it has been modded

TTFS provides a certified TTFS D-Can cable, not modded.

> and the software

TTFS ProTuner and TTFS ProTuneLogger.

> It sounds like you have loaded your tune even though you say "trying"

Correct, I have loaded the base tune using the ProTuner software. I am having trouble collecting logging data, using the ProTuneLogger software, which is required in order to customize the tune to my car.

> Another thing that might come into play is the build date on the door sticker

06/2000

1 - 3 of 3 Posts