BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I have had my 2008 M5 since November, I brought it home for the first time this past weekend (the reason for the delay is too long to bother with here). Unbelievably, my wife hates it! She actually said it was "wretched". :eek:h: She hates how the SMG shifts (and believe me I was shifting smoothly), she said the interior seemed much cheaper than my previous '04 745Li (despite full leather), she didn't like the seats, it's too noisy, the Nav system sucks, on and on. She even called it baby blue (I have Silverstone II).

I couldn't be happier! I have now found a car that I love that I know she will never want to drive. Man, this car just gives and gives.

·
Registered
792 Posts
While I have had my 2008 M5 since November, I brought it home for the first time this past weekend (the reason for the delay is too long to bother with here). Unbelievably, my wife hates it! She actually said it was "wretched". :eek:h: She hates how the SMG shifts (and believe me I was shifting smoothly), she said the interior seemed much cheaper than my previous '04 745Li (despite full leather), she didn't like the seats, it's too noisy, the Nav system sucks, on and on. She even called it baby blue (I have Silverstone II).

I couldn't be happier! I have now found a car that I love that I know she will never want to drive. Man, this car just gives and gives.

No disrespect to your wife but if she "hates" the M5 so much what car does she like?

On the other hand as you mentioned you have no need to worry about her taking the beast out for a run.

·
Registered
836 Posts
lucky man! I had to get headers and exhaust to get my wife to hate my car. :haha:

·
Registered
836 Posts
actually she only hates it on cold start up but it's enough to keep her from driving it when I leave it behind

·
Registered
560 Posts
Yea... gotta wait a couple minutes on a cold start...

Lol New car... new wife... lol sounds like its your car not hers, so... she can bite the bullet if she was expecting you to grab up a 997 for her to tote around

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, since you've asked, she is partial to MB's. And, she kind of liked my 745. But the M5? Not so much. I really wasn't expecting her reaction.

·
Registered
86 Posts
My wife who loved driving my E39 530 5 speed has refused to learn to drive the M. That's fine with me.:applause: She went with me when I looked at it and the then owner gave us the pin your butt in the seat test drive. Since then she is content to drive her GL 450.

·
Registered
4,918 Posts

You can always upgrade to a newer and younger model.....wife that is.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Minium,

You know how hard it is to find a car we truly enjoy, right!:grrrr:

Dump the wife, they're a dime a dozen!:biggrin:
:cheers:

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
lucky guy... my wife begs me to let her take it to go out with her friends...

·
Registered
214 Posts
Mine Turned on Her

My wife was kinda lusting after my E39 M5 after I completely shut down her 993/911 on the freeway. Then, when she drove it, the clutch went to the bottom of its travel and wouldn't come back up. I hooked my foot under it and pulled it up and never had an issue since. Suffice to say she doesn't want to drive it anymore, and how good that is!:hihi:

·
Registered
59 Posts
my wife is hopeless. She thinks lexus SC is the most beautiful car in the world. She is very scared to even try the SMG thanks to me telling her it is soooo complicated and not smooth at all. Her hatred of My M5 was assured the other day when I had to ask her to give me a ride to work since it was snowing so bad and I still have my performance tires on and just couldn't drive it al all.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Its surprising that she thinks that the interior is cheap when she is a MB fan. With all of the MBs that our family has had, my main complaint is cheaply put together interiors. I dont get that feeling with BMWs. My girlfriend loves my car so much that she is making a switch to the BMW family...a nice 335i coupe. Should be fun from time to time.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Guys w/ regards to divorce let me tell you, it is cheaper to keep her. Otherwise it will cost you big time.

Now my wife loves the M5 equally as much as me. She loves all the mods I've done to the M5. The exhaust sound is no problem. This woman is so special. Last week when we went to Moroso Drag strip for the ASR event she told me she wanted to make some passes w/ the car. She is not intimidated to run in front of a crowd. Heck she loves the GT3 which is loud as hell w/ the headers and race exhaust. She loves to take the GT3RS for hot laps.

What is best of all she does not give me any grief about all the money I spend w/ mods on all cars.

She's my rock. M5Ranger

·
Registered
556 Posts
My fiance doesn't like my M5 either. She thinks it "Pretty" just hates the SMG. There are a few things I really dis-like about the SMG as well. Cold engine shifts suck, Going from Reverse to 1st can take forever to engage and I live on a busy street and have to back out of my driveway (very sketchy sometimes) and the delay in the downshifts take too long sometimes. Other than that I love it!

·
Registered
556 Posts
Guys w/ regards to divorce let me tell you, it is cheaper to keep her. Otherwise it will cost you big time.

Now my wife loves the M5 equally as much as me. She loves all the mods I've done to the M5. The exhaust sound is no problem. This woman is so special. Last week when we went to Moroso Drag strip for the ASR event she told me she wanted to make some passes w/ the car. She is not intimidated to run in front of a crowd. Heck she loves the GT3 which is loud as hell w/ the headers and race exhaust. She loves to take the GT3RS for hot laps.

What is best of all she does not give me any grief about all the money I spend w/ mods on all cars.

She's my rock. M5Ranger
:)She's a Keeper!:M5thumbs:

1 - 20 of 62 Posts