BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All the better to eat you :eek:h:

Well, I have been driving the stroker for over 2000 miles now and this is sort of a two thousand mile update, if you will.

I don't know if any of you recall that original feeling we used to have when we got this car the first time? The feeling that made going to groceries not a chore but an experience? For the first time in our lives, we hoped that our wives or girlfriends would forget about one or two things, forcing us to go to the grocery store one more time? Gosh darnit? :noSMG:

I am sure a lot of us perhaps retained some of that feeling but I admit that the thrill that I used to have myself had waned a bit, we started looking at Porsches (some of us even bought them!!), I was looking into GT3RS myself and would probably have bought GT2RS if it were naturally aspirated. I am here to tell you that I am now convinced that I did not plunk down a significant amount of money on the stroker, I like to think of it as having saved nearly 200K-300K on a replacement vehicle that does not exist (4 door, track capable, street comfortable, daily driver). The stroker has given me back that feeling of wanting to run over to grocery store ever so often at drop of a hat, I can't wait for the mornings to get out my shiny beast and take her for a spin like a dog needing to be walked. I am thinking of quitting my job because it requires too much travel and take a significant paycut so I won't be away from her as much :dunno: (no, that last part is not entirely true, I might be close to getting laid off from my job anyway, thank god I got the stroker before I found out about that :eek7:). So, anyway, I just wanted to share with you all how much fun I am having and how cool it is to be driving this car while reading about Ferrari FF (V12, NA, 0-62 @ 3.7seconds, weighs 4400 lbs and costs nearly twice what my car plus the dinan stroker did). I salute BMW for putting together a marvel of engineering and Dinan for achieving the impossible, i.e. improving the E60 M5 to the comfort and performance level of a 300K Ferrari that did not exist when they set out to do it. Kudos.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Thanks for the update! I'm very envious. :) What did you do with your stock engine?

·
Registered
932 Posts
I totally understand

I totally agree with you! I understand what you went through , because I went through the same thing.:cheers: how she running?:byee55amg

All the better to eat you :eek:h:

Well, I have been driving the stroker for over 2000 miles now and this is sort of a two thousand mile update, if you will.

I don't know if any of you recall that original feeling we used to have when we got this car the first time? The feeling that made going to groceries not a chore but an experience? For the first time in our lives, we hoped that our wives or girlfriends would forget about one or two things, forcing us to go to the grocery store one more time? Gosh darnit? :noSMG:

I am sure a lot of us perhaps retained some of that feeling but I admit that the thrill that I used to have myself had waned a bit, we started looking at Porsches (some of us even bought them!!), I was looking into GT3RS myself and would probably have bought GT2RS if it were naturally aspirated. I am here to tell you that I am now convinced that I did not plunk down a significant amount of money on the stroker, I like to think of it as having saved nearly 200K-300K on a replacement vehicle that does not exist (4 door, track capable, street comfortable, daily driver). The stroker has given me back that feeling of wanting to run over to grocery store ever so often at drop of a hat, I can't wait for the mornings to get out my shiny beast and take her for a spin like a dog needing to be walked. I am thinking of quitting my job because it requires too much travel and take a significant paycut so I won't be away from her as much :dunno: (no, that last part is not entirely true, I might be close to getting laid off from my job anyway, thank god I got the stroker before I found out about that :eek7:). So, anyway, I just wanted to share with you all how much fun I am having and how cool it is to be driving this car while reading about Ferrari FF (V12, NA, 0-62 @ 3.7seconds, weighs 4400 lbs and costs nearly twice what my car plus the dinan stroker did). I salute BMW for putting together a marvel of engineering and Dinan for achieving the impossible, i.e. improving the E60 M5 to the comfort and performance level of a 300K Ferrari that did not exist when they set out to do it. Kudos.

·
Registered
407 Posts
The sly sinful shiny somber stock-looking stroker serious sleeper speed-surging sinister beast.

Hope she stays strong and sporty! :applause:

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I totally agree with you! I understand what you went through , because I went through the same thing.:cheers: how she running?:byee55amg
Oh, the force is strong with this one (you practically forced me to say this :hihihi: ) - She is running very fast and very strong but there is one thing if I were to say could be better (not really but here goes), I have not been able to revv the engine because I just don't feel the need anymore, the car pulls in all gears with an amazing exhaust note that I found myself driving it (80MPH) in 7th gear today :eek: That's like against the rules of nature or something as far as I am concerned but it felt okay and I was still enjoying it (and still pulling to overtake the car I intended to pass, despite his or her best efforts not to let me).

·
Registered
932 Posts
Oh, the force is strong with this one (you practically forced me to say this :hihihi: ) - She is running very fast and very strong but there is one thing if I were to say could be better (not really but here goes), I have not been able to revv the engine because I just don't feel the need anymore, the car pulls in all gears with an amazing exhaust note that I found myself driving it (80MPH) in 7th gear today :eek: That's like against the rules of nature or something as far as I am concerned but it felt okay and I was still enjoying it (and still pulling to overtake the car I intended to pass, despite his or her best efforts not to let me).
That's is awesome to hear. Just wait until you pass 5000k rpm in 4th gear. I stil haven't reach the redline yet but the stroker feel so strong in every gear, it's hard to justify going to redline. Enjoy your Beast!:M5launch:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts