BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hamann grills, skirts front, back, and roof spoiler. E-race exhaust, eibach springs, LM-R 19s..........almost perfect.

Since u all know how good it is, so first :
complaints include the too low ride height, lower than a f430 with the hamann lip, constantly driving like a crab going sideways.
fear of stopping from short bursts in city traffic. may need 6-8pot brembos if i have money seeping out of the wallet.
The wipers speed is very stupid, i cant find a variable speed i like, its too fast as is.
torque in low speeds could be better.
auto d-drive is really stupid, never used it, SMG mode not as fast as i like it to be, namely look at f430. the too manual like rocking is a minus too.
gas mileage or the tank size is beyond laughable, 105 miles per tank then light comes on. my other 500hp cars get much better mileage than that!

but have to be my safest, fastest 4door, loudest car ever! NICE! :)

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
Looks GREAT....and a good thing you stayed with the 19's, 20 or 21's would never last on those streets. Nice shots

·
Registered
994 Posts
Not to my personal taste, esp. the reflective tint but I'm sure many disagree and if you love it then that's all that matters.cherrsagai

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I didn't quite understand all of your complaints, but the photos look great. I like your mods.

Welcome!

A BMW M5 in Chine must be very rare!

Did you see my report in a Chinese magazine?
Full report here in English:

http://www.m5board.com/articles.php?id=34

That's pretty cool, Gustav. Just curious, but did you sell them that or give them permission to use it or did they just print it without your consent?

·
Registered
140 Posts
I didn't quite understand all of your complaints, but the photos look great. I like your mods.

That's pretty cool, Gustav. Just curious, but did you sell them that or give them permission to use it or did they just print it without your consent?
Ya me to Gustav, just curious. If you dont mind and with all due respect. :blink:

·
Registered
427 Posts
Where do you drive in Taipei? It is so congested over there. My Granparents live in Taiwan, but I have not been back there in 2 years. Nice ride!

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
those wheels look like 18's, why?

BTW how are the roads in Taipei?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Car is nice but the rims are too small....

·
Registered
169 Posts
Damn...you must be either a successful businessman or a family member of some KMT politician... was this car from BMW taiwan or a us-spec imported by someone else?? must be close to 200k US for that car new from BMW taiwan

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks all for the response, let me clarify something, im from taiwan not china, these 2 are apple and oranges, and lets leave it at that.
i live in the states for 20 years and i can tell u that u can use the 500 horses more often and with more peace of mind in taiwan. My license was suspended 3 times in the states, i dont have that problem called the po-po in taiwan, i just pay the pink slips. Fastest i gone in taiwan is 190mph, 165 in the states. Roads do suck in taiwan but no more so than in detroit or L.A. Actually its better than the salt beaten mid-west roads.
i love and enjoy driving in taiwan much more than say in L.A.
An M5 cost twice as much in taiwan but after u factor in all the lawyer, insurance, bail and maybe out of court man slaughter settlement charges, then the almost $200k admission price is actually cheaper in taiwan. :biggrinbounce:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts