BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Over 1000 pictures with comments :thumbsup:

Massaschussetts and New York

My United States Round Trip in 5 Weeks with m5board.com Members Part 1/6: MA and NY

Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, North Caroline, South Carolina and Geaorgia

My United States Trip in 5 Weeks with Members Part 2/6:IN, IL, WI, MN, NC, SC and GA

Georgia, North Carolina and Florida

My United States Round Trip in 5 Weeks with m5board.com Members Part 3/6: GA,NC + FL

Florida, Atlanta, Louisiana, Texas, Kansas and Missouri

My United States Trip in 5 Weeks with Members Part 4/6: FL, AL, LA, TX, KS and MO

Colorado, Utah, Washington and Oregon

My United States Round Trip in 5 Weeks with Members Part 5/6: CO, UT, WA and OR leg

Arizona, Nevada and California

My United States Round Trip in 5 Weeks with m5board.com Members Part 6/6: AZ, NV,

It sure was!

Getting a drink at Mike's place and the dog know the proper procedure, it is raised to drink Margarithas!

Arriving in style: BMW M5 Interlagos Blue with private chaffeur in suite!

We're getting company!

Wonderful!

Yes yes yes!

I'm in heaven :D

Porsche Carrera GT, Ferrari F430 and Ferrari 355 Spider. Just lovely!

The Porsche Carrera GT is just lovely!

I do not want to leave Florida!

BMW M6 Convertible Interlagosblue joins the show!

Taking a seat!

Great organized event and I tried to tell people as much as I could about my airfield events and also the story of my site!

Checking up on the I-Phone and the GTboard.com races!

We need to get going to other places, it's 1 a.m.!

Sheriff's in town!

Trying out the "special features" of the Lamborghini!

It works!

Looks like it is the same kind of blue at moonlight!

Soo, let's see, is this some kind of nightclub?

Hmm, probably not!

Hitting the beach at 5 a.m.

The sand was one of the best sands I've ever expeienced, super smooth and white.

Waking up with this beautiful view!

Apparantly you can fish Fish in Destin as well?

Headng for the brunch!

With white wine? Great brunch and with super service! Just see the poseu of the chef!

Updating via SMS that I am having the "hair of the dog" (that bit you).

Who takes the price for worst hangover?

Leavign Destin by sea / over the sea.

The Sheriff is checking out the BMW M5...

...but will neglect these guys since in Florida it is perfectly legal not wearing a helmet...

...sitting in a bike with a power to weight ration similar to a 3000 HP BMW M5.

Pulp Fiction!

Apparantly some people enjoy fireworks in the vicinity...

Cruising on towards Biloxi!

Going into Mobile, Alabama. USS Alabama a South Dakota Class Battleship launched in 1942. Starting it's career protectign British convoys through the North Sea towards Russia it was transferred to the Pacific in 1943. Provided gunfire support for amphibious assult on Japanese held islands. Decommisioned in 1947.

A lovely surrounding encloses this little community in Mobile.

Mobile has now become a larger city after hurricane Katrina ruined New Orleans.

Curious as I am I asked to see if Mike's friend had guns which he had!

Also, we had alot of fun discussing the "Northern Agression" which was an alternative wording for the American Civil War that never reached Northern Europe...

Heading to Biloxi! Spinners!

Meeting up with a fellow BMW M6 owner in Biloxi!

Leaving Michael and the crew in the sunset!

The BMW M5 looks gorgeous in motion! On a more sad note, you can already in Biloxi spot the devastation of the hurricane Katrina. I was suprised what I saw in Biloxi and that was nothing what I was going to see in New Orleans...

Florida!

Heading for Destin and we are heading for N'orleans!

Fueling up :D

Here we are drivign on the rebuilt bridge. The other part is still defunct. It took several years before the bridge was fixed and before that it added several hours per day one way commute to got to the other side of the bridge.

Now this looks eerie deserted...

...in 2007...

...in America...

...an industrialized nation of several hundreds of millions of people?

If I was in a good mood in Biloxi I was almost in tears in New Orleans. It was very difficult to comprehend. Have I really missed all this and is this "yesterdays news"?

New Orleans Superdome. Freinds of friends had been working there as nurses during Katrina and they escaped in ambilances the third day when people strted killing each other...

And now to another world: Diamond Members, please sign in.

...yes please.

Very nice rooms.

Rooms with an s that is!

New Orleans Police Department.

A very nice hotel I stayed at.

Apparantly French Quarters is the place to check out. I needed a few strong drinks after the sad experine of seeing the state of several parts of New Orleans.

One person is getting his throat cut. I think I will be watchin my steps...

Lousiana State Trooper have probably been seing alot...

The calssic piano bar!

Wow, this is great! Drinks are poured into plastic glasses so you can walk around with the drinks from place to place. Perfect for cheap Swedes!

Bourbon street...

...starts to look interesting!

...hmmm...

Great band!

Several hours / days later Im on my way to a brunch in Baton Rouge!

Now that is one hardcore Mercedes! Mercedes CLS55 AMG based Brabus CLS55 K8, 530 HP and 775 Nm of torque. Noticethe licenseplate!

Some very nice houses in Baton Rouge. Baton Rouge was not affected by Katrina as much as New Orleands since Baton Rogue is on a higher level.

Magnificent!

Heading for a brunch!

Of course I should have alligator!

It was delicious!

Mercedes E63 AMG driver poseuring around...

Swamp! Somewhere here I probably got my alligator brunch from!

Time for a "small" Coke! It was very hot!

Mirror Image!

We are on our way to meet up Member Cyrus on the vicinity between Louisiana and Texas.

Here we have him!

Turns out he has got a bad flat tyre! TPC (Tyre Pressure Control) worked this time and did not give a fake warning as the other times...

Ouch! Also, turns out that the State Trooper wanted the push the car over to the other side of the bridge with this tyre... Finally Cyrus makes them stop and get the car onto a trailer.

We are waiting at the other side of the bridge...

Here we are... Nice uniforms on the Lousiana State Troopers!

We're in Texas! Sheriff has his Cowboy hat in place!

Arrived Houston Texas!

A very nice lineup! And I got the chance to meet an old fellow member again, Member MAH that I met back in California! Very nice to see his second BMW M5 E39 (Imola Red) is still strong!

What a Welcoming! In Swedish and everything and this is in Texas!

The interiourdecorations are almost in real time! I was shocked!

I wish I had several hours with each of every member to tell about my trip, the site and just talk about cars! But at this point I was already quite worn so I tried to talk to everybody about everything at the same time, with mixed success :D

Hitting at the Houstonian! Our BMW M6 m6board.com member from New Orleans decided to join us to Houston!

Starting to get a bit worn :)

The interiour of the Houstonian was stunning.

A large fireplace.

A quick breakfast on the go and where on towards Dallas from Houston.

Looking out for the law!

Sam Houston, we pay your respect. He was a very large man :D

Dallas!

Add all skyscrapers in central Europe and you still will not be able to beat Dallas in terms of amount of highrise buildings. At least that is what it looks like!

I've seen this guy before!

As well as this guy!

Arriving at Member darren_dallas lush neighbourhood. Mercedes E55 AMG owner joined our meet at daren_dalals place. We then went to a big BMW meet where I met fellow m5board.com and m6board.com members such as Member Bokke and Member snowball.

darren_dallas beautiful BMW M5 with ultra-light Neez wheels.

Looks great!

Also with Vorsteiner hood.

Vorsteiner hood.

revozport.com side gills.

Interesting competition that would be difficult to beat...

Meeting in Kansas with member prairieman in his originalshape E32 735i 7-series.

Cruising on to our destination Wichita, Kansas!

We have police...

...and we have crosses.

And we have endless roads across and into the praire!

Welcome to Perry!

God bless.

It was a very American feeling here. Freightliner I beleive the typical USA "big rig" truck is.

I love these roads! Finally no traffic!

Go here to fix your truck!

Just beautiful!

Arrived in Wichita! Smart trick: tennisball that hits the window; then you are on the correct distance to the garagewall. No PDC (Park Distance Control) here!

One fellow m6board.com member turned up in his BMW M6 Convertible Sepang Bronze, first time I see a Sepang Bronze BMW M6 Convertible!

prarieman's E34 BMW M5, he might be looking to upgrade the engine to a BMW M5 E34 3,8 liter European engine :D

On our way to Kansas City! The sweeping turns almost reminds me about Autobahn and the amount of traffic remidns me of Sweden.

USA bride number 114 680 and one failed in Minnesota, hope that was the last.

Understood and accepted :D

Kansas State Trooper!

"Real Men Love Jesus. God will provide for all." Notes taken.

"Excellent sales opportunity"...

Now this was a surprise in Kansas City!

Some real nice houses. Many of these types of houses carries an interestign story about the owners, it could be the founders of Colgate, adhesive tape, Colt Peacemaker. You name it!

Meetign up with fellow members (unnamed members) and the owner of a local Coffeeplace The Roasterie Cafe (owner of a Silver Gray BMW M5 E60).

Interestingly enough we also saw a Sapphire Black BMW M5 E60 that was not a member of m5board.com in Kansas City!

The rendezvous at The Roasterie Cafe led us to Bavarian AG a car sales company but also owner of a STUNNING BMW M5 collection! All cars had well below 10 000 miles and only one owner before the current owner. They where all last year models of the BMW M5 as well.

Just look at the shapoe of this BMW M5 E28!

The BMW M5 E34 1993 US model.

We are talking a genuie BMW M5 enthusiast that puts myself to shame!

Despite the burnign heat we had to put them out and we have also videotaped a stunning walktrhough of the cars!

I want all!

Give me!

See the evolution of the wheels and brake discs!

Back at the secure, bombproof, nuclearsafe bomproof maximumsecurity bunker in order to keep them in this shape forever for all future BMW M5 generations :)

Going to lunch in the BMW M5 classic and USA-bestseller: Carbon Black BMW M5 E39 2003.

Kansas City have a very distinct design of the city.

Than kyou very much for the ride to the airport!

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
As soo as I can :D Darren, I am looking to add more pictures from the meet in Dallas! For some reason I didnt upload all of them, more is coming, it was about the best turnout of cars, as it should be in the oil state :D

Again, it was great seeing you Darren! I also hope you had a nice time when you met Russ in Germany?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Great write up...

Great memories... What a blast:cheers:

·
Registered
531 Posts
:thumbsup: Great pictorial.... And I know you're left out a few "interesting" pictures from your time in New Orleans.... You weren't in Vegas, so no need to hide:hihi:

·
Registered
330 Posts
Gustav - Thank you for all you've done cherrsagai

Can't wait for your next Texas trip or my Euro delivery :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
COOL!!! What a great trip and tale!!!!

You ever come to Texas again you definitely need to make it to Austin!!!! If you come to Austin, I will will personally treat you to some REALLY good Tex-Mex as well as some GREAT BBQ!!! YEEEEE HAAAAAWWWWW cherrsagai

Cheers,

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the invite!

You saw the other states I visited as well? It was an experience of a lifetime! :thumbsup:

Massaschussetts and New York

My United States Round Trip in 5 Weeks with m5board.com Members Part 1/6: MA and NY

Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, North Caroline, South Carolina and Geaorgia

My United States Trip in 5 Weeks with Members Part 2/6:IN, IL, WI, MN, NC, SC and GA

Georgia, North Carolina and Florida

My United States Round Trip in 5 Weeks with m5board.com Members Part 3/6: GA,NC + FL

Florida, Atlanta, Louisiana, Texas, Kansas and Missouri

My United States Trip in 5 Weeks with Members Part 4/6: FL, AL, LA, TX, KS and MO

Colorado, Utah, Washington and Oregon

My United States Round Trip in 5 Weeks with Members Part 5/6: CO, UT, WA and OR leg

Arizona, Nevada and California

My United States Round Trip in 5 Weeks with m5board.com Members Part 6/6: AZ, NV,

·
Registered
87 Posts
Thanks for the invite!

You saw the other states I visited as well? It was an experience of a lifetime! :thumbsup:
Yes, I did indeed.....HAHAHAHA, I was up past midnight last night looking at them all..Ausgezeichnet!!!..a VERY ambitious trip, considering that we Americans can cross several European countries in the time it would have taken you to drive from, say Beaumont (just west of Lafayette, LA) to El Paso.....there is a highway mileage sign on IH-10 just before Beaumont that lists mileage...it says Beaumont 30, El Paso 890!!!

You truly got to visit a good slice of the country in those 5 (likely VERY exhausting) weeks, though there are not many people who would have had such outstanding transportation throughout their trip!!! On a side note, there sure were a lot of BLUE cars!!

SO..how far is it from where you live to München?? If I do my ED this September (looking more and more likely) then a blast up to the Scandinavian countries will be in the works as I have never been north of Hamburg and east of the UK...

Vielen Dank!!

·
Registered
270 Posts
:thumbsup: Great pictorial.... And I know you're left out a few "interesting" pictures from your time in New Orleans.... You weren't in Vegas, so no need to hide:hihi:
Yup, I was there. He enjoyed himself but left out the good pix :15:

·
Registered
307 Posts
Dejavu

Wow, Gustav your pics bring great memories. Darren is my best friend and we (Darren and me) met at his "lush" neighborhood the same day you arrived from Houston in the WRX. (I have a good memory) Darren and I have a great friendship and we have since founded the DFW ///M Club, an organization of true auto enthusiasts and great friends. The last pic in your post of the Kansas City Airport, is ironically where I flew from Dallas to pick up my beloved M5, I recognized it right away. Thanks for including pics of my beast in your thread, and if you want to go from lush to plush, let me know my family will be happy to make room in our estate.

Regards,

Scott

1 - 20 of 33 Posts