BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Over 1000 pictures with comments :thumbsup:

One video added (February 2009)

A movie from the Park City Utah, bobsled tour :)

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yk2CFXN6GcU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yk2CFXN6GcU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Massaschussetts and New York

My United States Round Trip in 5 Weeks with m5board.com Members Part 1/6: MA and NY

Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, North Caroline, South Carolina and Geaorgia

My United States Trip in 5 Weeks with Members Part 2/6:IN, IL, WI, MN, NC, SC and GA

Georgia, North Carolina and Florida

My United States Round Trip in 5 Weeks with m5board.com Members Part 3/6: GA,NC + FL

Florida, Atlanta, Louisiana, Texas, Kansas and Missouri

My United States Trip in 5 Weeks with Members Part 4/6: FL, AL, LA, TX, KS and MO

Colorado, Utah, Washington and Oregon

My United States Round Trip in 5 Weeks with Members Part 5/6: CO, UT, WA and OR leg

Arizona, Nevada and California

My United States Round Trip in 5 Weeks with m5board.com Members Part 6/6: AZ, NV,

So, Coloroado here I come! Member M5CCIE picks me up! Alot cooler than Kansas City, that is for sure! I needed some cold!

Hello family member! I bet you're not allowed to go in the BMW M5? :(

Looks great!

There sure are rocky mountains here!

On our way to the mountains the day after I arrived!

Stunning!

Here is an open arena with view over Denver, Colorado. They even had a bar there for the nights!

Steep highway!

Beautiful!

Testing out the Dinan differential; clearly lower shiftpoints when you do not have a raised revlimiter.

Yes! However member M5CCIE had a bit of unluck: the air in Coloroado is very thin because of the height and thus less power.

Beautiful!

This must be even more wonderful when snowcovered. Then I beleive this is not even Audi RS6 territory but snowmobile territory.

Lunch time! I tried Alligator in Lousiana, then I must try Bison Burger in Colorado!

Less than 12 hours in Colorado: I really enoyed it and wanted more and M5CCIE was a great host, but we really had to push it to the airport to catch it in time, good time we had downhill from the restaurant :) But with this trip I also visited one more National Park: Rocky Mountains. The airport design should resemble the tops of Rocky Mountans.

Arriving in Utah.

Now exactly where am I and where should I go, and do I really know anybody around here?

Apparantly YES!

I was thinking this looked very intersting and beautiful. Hmm. I gues I had not seen anything yet.

I beleive not too many police cruisers...

It is getting spectacular.

And very fun as well! But you do not want to cras hhere. n fact you do not even want to get a flat tyre here.

Yes, there is indeed a BMW M5 here! Member PCUT knew his way here inside out!

Nice IPod integration! DICE if I am not mistaken.

With songs displayed in the info display.

It is getting better, Member PCUT owns a brewery. And it is not only one beer, but several different brands.

One way to find out: safest bet is to try them out in SMALL glasses. Which was a wise decision judging what I should do the day after...

One of the cars below are a blue BMW M5 and we alked this far up. And this was 10 a.m. and it was alot more of walking left...

Our trustworthy guide :)

Level one reached...

Now where was that BMW M5 parked?

Coming out here without water / map and compass / guide then you are dead.

I hope we are walking in the correct direction.

At some point we had help from the dog to navigate ourself down a cliff; we forgot how we came up.

The team. Somehat more experienced than a certain Swede.

Petroglyphs.

Just a flat tyre on your mountanbje here could be the end of your life here...

Back!

Fueling up!

Enterign Arches National Park in Utah.

One "Arch".

Good advice!

On our way to Park City, Utah.

The stunning view from my room.

Overlooking the ski resorts of Der Valley and Park City.

Going the sit-lift to top of Deer Valley and overlooking some of the magnificient skilodges. It surprised me the pricing of some; they where in the tens of millions of dollars.

Only thing missing is snow!

Looking tempting! Interstingly enough the two valleys are not conencted with the smae lift systems.

This works on the summer as well and was part of the Olympics in Salt Lake City. I was very impressed with the facilities; must be one of the best if not the best in the world.

Maybe not today :)

However, this looks interesting... Video is coming and that was one SCARY ride. 100 MPH here we come...

Now this looks interesting...

Whatever ;)

It was alot of fun but the bobsled run did top it adrenalinewise!

We are airborne!

This was a dfficult trick to do :D

Skiing could be dangerous :D

Deer Valley was top notch!

Leaving for Seattle!

A collection of BMW M5, you feel just at home :) Picked up by member fast4door!

At home at Member atomic80! Unfortunately my plane was delayed, so I arrived at 10-11 p.m. instead of 7 p.m. But we did have an excellent dinner and also a showdown with the Playstation 3 and Grand Turismo HD.

Nice decal :)

I had to check out atomic80 (Jason) beuatiful Porsche 911 Turbo (997) and the detailed tasteful changes he have done to it. So, which turbo sign should I have today?

Ready to hit the streets the following day.

Fueling up at a coloured matched fuelstation.

Clever Porsche!

I really like this colour and it is so much deeped than BMW's Interlagos Blue. Nice touch with the yellow calipers = Porsche colour for ceramic brakes.

The navigation was not that easy to learn as you would expect.

Saying hi to Bill Gates, no pictures, just a picture of Gate's gate (bad joke).

Dampers set to hard and radar detectoer at work.

The Space Needle built in 1962 and served as the symbol for that years World's Fair. Designed by Edward Carlson, then president of Western International Hotels and inspired by Stuttgart Tower in Germany.

Impressive constrction that hs been able to withstand 6,8 on the Richter Scale at an earthquake in 2001.

Heading towards Portland, Oregon. Good we did not do anything stupid with that Viper...

An estate as well!

A slight tint and witn no front licenseplate = looks good!

Meeting up Memebr Cerberos!

Straight to the point good looking BBS wheels on the Silverstone II BMW M5.

Probably a good idea.

Saying bye to Atomic80!

Excellent driving roads here!

Going to Mount St Helens National Park, in Washington state.

Beautiful roads leading up to the center of the national park: the crater and dormant volcano of St Helena Mountain.

Overlooking the crater that is covered by clouds. This is from the museum and former research observationpost.

The former researchfacility for the crater was at first deemed to be on a safe distance from the crater, which it was not.

The lake below was filled with lava and debris that was solidified.

This is the mountain behind the research facility and at least double the distance from the facility to the volcano. You can see the trees are stil burned and thrown away by the eruption.

The eruption lasted for more than nine hours in 1980 and killed 57 people, destroyed 250 homes and 47 bridges as well as 300 km of highways. Both Seattle and Portland was covered thin layers of ash.

Getting reafy to go to Portland!

Carbonfibre panels and painted I-Drive!

An American classic!

Another potential American classic... As in Bentley Gold Coast in Chicago, a Saleen S7 but this was supposedly the only one in pearl white.

Poseur!

Heading to a spa / gold resort on the Oregon westcoast.

Ejoing a very nice dinner!

Something looks fishy...

Ah, battery powered!

Good night BMW M5!

Good morning America!

A berautiful Spa. At this point I had needed several months of Spa time to take it easy after this USA-cross trip...

Quite nice as well!

Beuaitful, not too hot and not too crowded.

Lining up!

Notice the very rare Ferrari 575 Superamericana!

Carbon trunk and roof!

Fueling up. Not too many would notice the BMW M5 in this company and nottoo many would know it is one of the fastest either...

Just cruising...

Or coasting along would might be aa betetr description.

Beautiful!

Sea Lions!

Taking it easy!

Beautiful!

Apparantly this is one of the best places in the world to spot Sea Lions.

Meeting up with the originator and organizer of this total evennt, Member M CRISIS!

Which have an excellent taste in cars!

http://medfordtools.com is m5board.com premier toolsupplier :D It is also the business of M CRISIS.

As a message to a ceran Administrator (me) and his (mine) spelling in his posts I got a welcome sign by my own :D Apparantly only the morning it was up several people had commented the sign and the obvious misspellings. It was two delibirate spelling errors in order to make it obvious. But apparantly people thought is just was more obvious that the person who put up the sign could not spell at all :D

Visiting the USA manufacturer of the Ariel Atom, the US version with a General Motors engine.

Probably alot safer than many of todays sportscar with steel bars that can hold up simlarly to a roll cage.

There whee many Ariel under production here.

Heading out to the mountains.

No safetyaids like ABS or stability control is present on this car.

Hardcore.

Tailgated. The Ariel was very much faster acceleration at speeds below 80-100 mph.

No compromise vs compromise.

As a track car the Ariel makes much sense, just like a Caterham.

Wonderful roads!

Now heading to another USA National park: Crater Lake.

My appreciation for an experience of a lifetime M CRISIS :D

A... Squirrel?

Crater Lake, also the result of volcanic activity.

Leaving Medford and on the way to Arizona!

Leaving Oregon!

Reading Road and Track airfield shootout, interestng. But strange that the lamborghini LP640 they used was on aftermarket wheels, alrger than stock. Not really a good and proffesional comparison then.

Very stragne advertisers Road and Track have?

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:biggrinbounce: Maybe :D London is a great city to watch nice cars!

Did you seee the other legs as well?

I did Stockhilm to Monte Carlo in 22 hours :)

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=88082&highlight=monaco+stockholm

Massaschussetts and New York

My United States Round Trip in 5 Weeks with m5board.com Members Part 1/6: MA and NY

Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, North Caroline, South Carolina and Geaorgia

My United States Trip in 5 Weeks with Members Part 2/6:IN, IL, WI, MN, NC, SC and GA

Georgia, North Carolina and Florida

My United States Round Trip in 5 Weeks with m5board.com Members Part 3/6: GA,NC + FL

Florida, Atlanta, Louisiana, Texas, Kansas and Missouri

My United States Trip in 5 Weeks with Members Part 4/6: FL, AL, LA, TX, KS and MO

Colorado, Utah, Washington and Oregon

My United States Round Trip in 5 Weeks with Members Part 5/6: CO, UT, WA and OR leg

Arizona, Nevada and California

My United States Round Trip in 5 Weeks with m5board.com Members Part 6/6: AZ, NV,

Wow Gustav, Fantastic! - Seems like a trip of a lifetime:) When is Europe next?:) Dropping by in London? J

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks! Hope you didn't miss the other 6 threads :)

Again, many thabks for thefeedback :)

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A movie from the Park City Utah, bobsled tour :)

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yk2CFXN6GcU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yk2CFXN6GcU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

1 - 13 of 13 Posts