BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Over 1000 pictures with comments :thumbsup:

Massaschussetts and New York

My United States Round Trip in 5 Weeks with m5board.com Members Part 1/6: MA and NY

Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, North Caroline, South Carolina and Geaorgia

My United States Trip in 5 Weeks with Members Part 2/6:IN, IL, WI, MN, NC, SC and GA

Georgia, North Carolina and Florida

My United States Round Trip in 5 Weeks with m5board.com Members Part 3/6: GA,NC + FL

Florida, Atlanta, Louisiana, Texas, Kansas and Missouri

My United States Trip in 5 Weeks with Members Part 4/6: FL, AL, LA, TX, KS and MO

Colorado, Utah, Washington and Oregon

My United States Round Trip in 5 Weeks with Members Part 5/6: CO, UT, WA and OR leg

Arizona, Nevada and California

My United States Round Trip in 5 Weeks with m5board.com Members Part 6/6: AZ, NV,

It all started with Member M CRISIS proposing a 2007 American Tour for me (Gustav) back in 16th of August 2006.

The idea back in 2006 was this:

"*Grand Tour of America - Travel America in member's M cars.
*Tentative route (with a lot of side detours) to include as many states as possible. (Will attach updated route map soon)
*4 to 5 week tour in July of 2007.
*Gustav would fly to New York (most likely place) where tour would begin and end on the west coast.
*Individual M owners would act as host/travel guide for a 1 to 2 day segment.
*Each host would prepare an itinerary to take Gustav to the best and most notable sites be it national parks, monuments, cities, byways or any points of interest etc.
*At the end of each segment the host would rendezvous with the next host and pass Gustav off to them.
If we could pull this off it would be the most intense 4 weeks of Gustav's life! (I’m guessing about a 10,000 mi trip) "

I can say that this was by far reached! And yes, it was certainly the most intense five weeks of my life and an experinced I will never forget.

I left Thursday 19th of July 1 p.m. from Stockholm, Sweden and flew to Boston via Pennsylvania and came home from San Fransisco Boston and Frankfurt the 23rd of August "quite" exhausted.

<IFRAME marginWidth=0 marginHeight=0 src="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=sv&geocode=&saddr=Blanch%C3%A9gatan,+Stockholm,+Sverige&daddr=boston&doflg=ptm&sll=50.770764,-26.587747&sspn=50.11894,164.53125&ie=UTF8&t=h&s=AARTsJqaQgmBTG9I3Yo95KoXefkFA_cu0Q&ll=50.736455,-26.71875&spn=78.560977,351.5625&z=2&output=embed" frameBorder=0 width=1000 scrolling=no height=350></IFRAME>
<SMALL>Visa större karta</SMALL>

Leaving Stockholm, Sweden in style: Member THO///MAS Interlagosblue BMW M5 Touring 2007 gives me a ride to the Arlanda Airport of Stockholm.

Travelluggage for five+ weeks. It fits good in a BWM M5 Touring but not in a Ferrari 360 Modena (I will find out about that later).

Getting ready for the "baggage interogation". Yes, I packed everything myself :)

Philadephia, here I am! Landing in Philadelphia and was greeted by live music.

After a long flight, finally I was picked up by Member unfoundhorsepower in his X5 4,8 iS at Logan Airport. We went to a local favourite Italian restaurant where I had an American beer and a dinner I been longing for!

Came across a magazine at member unfoundhorsepower place which states the BMW M5 gearbox as "seriouly flawed". A bit too rough...

One of member unfoundhorsepower (Greg) very cute Golden Retreiver! The best alarmclock there is! He was accompanied by an older Golden as well.

Greg and his family sure has taste for BMW! BMW M5, BMW Z4, BMW X5 4,8 iS and the son has a BMW M3. What I found out the more I where in the USA is that BMW M-models are very rare if you are not in some parts on California. I can say that I saw maybe max three BMW M3 and maybe two BMW M5s that where not on the meets or in some parts of California.

Greg's son with the Interlagos Blue BMW M5 with all options.

Heading for Boston and the F1 karting track!

Arrived!

This was a great karting place, where you could connect two majorkarting tracks with each other, but this time there was only one opened. Still, it was my first experience in going uphill and downhill with a kart!

The owner of the track was an avid BMW racer and also owned several other companies incl. jet companies and there wasa race BMW M3 E46 on display as well.

Winner! However, my luck did not last the full USA Trip, since I got humiliated by m5board members half my age in North Carolina on another track there! But it was at least as fun!

The team and of course a winner beer :)

Getting a glimpse of Boston again, a city I have been near (Cambridge) for six weeks in 1995, a very nice city.

Seafood dinner time for Friday!

Saturday morning leaving for New York! "DSC Off" t-shirts are on!

Greg didn't tell me about this animal!

Interestingly full fan power and full seat heating works on the same time...

Meeting up with member DrewMMM at the Mass Turnpike. I cannot spot too many European cars here, I might as well getting used to that for a few weeks :)

Now that is a nice American car!

Member doug in his nice BMW M5 E39 joining the caravan!

V8 vs V10!

Connecticut State Police!

Driving through Connecticut which seemed lieka beautiful state with nice treees along the highways.

Arrived at Emilios Ristorante in New York! Member MCarRacr07 hosted us at his fine Italian restaurant!

Not a bad turnout! We have two Dinan S1 Supercharged E39 M5 in the mix!

Dinan's effort to supecharge the E39 M5 is very thorough!

The meet was featured in the Roundel which is BMW Car Club of America's member magazine.

We had BMW M cars, we had M Power banners and we had excellent M Powered dessert!

Am I in Italy or USA?

Or Heaven :D

Checking out a member's (I beleive bboomer) custom audio integration with speakers nicely integrated into the center rearviewmirror...

...and into doorpockets as well! Talk about a cmplete audioexperience in the car!

A Members blue Angel Eyes!

Checking out the GTboard.com DVDI on Member LI-M5 BIG TV-set. I thought it was large but as more TV I saw this was more or less the standard size in USA :biggrinbounce:

Interlagos Blue M5! And notice the nice parking on the TV!

Leaving EARLY in the Sunday morning (around 6 a.m.) with Member LI-M5 to undisclosed lcoations for car guys :happybirt

A nice Porsche 911 Turbo (964) but no play :(

Meeting up the crew!

"Lucky money" :confused: For Police or for yourself? :biggrinbounce:

Member LI-m5 nice details on the front brake calipers!

Yes please! Ferrari 599! Beautiful comourcombination.

Notice the nicely built in rearspoiler on the C-pillar.

"Lucky stickers" maybe :grinyes:

Member Ron Thompson BMW M5 E39 with a custm CSL rear trunk.

Gorgeous matched Caramel leather colour front sport seats!

Here I forgot my digital camera in Kelster72 supercharged BMW M5 Dinan S1 ouichI have pictures on my videocamera and cellphone which I will post here.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Gustav,

Always great time and pics!

Thanks.

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was great seeing you! You did soem good quartermile times there with your stock M5 but then what you did with Kelster was just great :trophy_bronze:

Thank you alot for coming to the meet, I appreciated it alot!

hey good times Gustav, thanks for the pics

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
It was great seeing you! You did soem good quartermile times there with your stock M5 but then what you did with Kelster was just great :trophy_bronze:

Thank you alot for coming to the meet, I appreciated it alot!
thanks Gustav, nice meeting you too,

as for the quarter mile times we might try again at Atco raceway with
kelster's s3 to break the 11 sec barrier once again :M5launch:

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Awesome pics Gustav! It was great to meet you -- now you need to host an event for the entire board at your place in Sweden!
:cheers:

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sure will :thumbsup:

I have always said that any person that visits Stockholm are up for a night out / dinner / day of driving if the yare an m5board.com Member :applause:

Just drop me an email: [email protected]

Awesome pics Gustav! It was great to meet you -- now you need to host an event for the entire board at your place in Sweden!
:cheers:

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
Yup. It was packed that day.

Great stuff, Gustav. Still working my way through all your pics:)

BTW, there were two Dinan Supercharged S3's at dinner that night, not S1's;)
As it is on most sunny sundays in summer! They key is to make it there by or before 8. I love getting up early and driving up there :haha2:

·
Registered
836 Posts
After seeing that I gotta get my butt back to Emilio's. I miss that place and Sal's Pizza in Mamaroneck. I wish I could have made it to meet you in person Gustav. Thanks for this board...... and the gaping holes in my bank account from all the ideas about mods. :blink:

·
Registered
263 Posts
What happened to Virginia???

Hey Gustav, it's been a while since I have been on, and I was just looking over your trip posts and I can't find any Virginia vids... Am I missing something?
Sold my 2002, a very sad day:crying::crying::crying: As a temporary measure I went to the other side and got an Audi S4 Avant, beautiful car, handles like it is on rails especially in the bad weather, ...It is now for sale ouich.:nono:. Just not my "M". Still have my 1991 M5 and waiting for delivery of an 08...
Hope all goes well,

MS

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
In Virginia I didnt have my camera, I forgot it in NYC :( I got it back and South Bend Indiana :(

But I have alot of videos from Virginia!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts