BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else driven the new 3-serie yet?

A couple of months ago my hometown got a BMW-dealer and I have like 5 minutes to my dealer. So before closing time I paid them a visit and asked if they had one for me to testdrive. Yes they had but cause of the closing time I could only drive for like 15 minutes.
I wanted just to feel the new 3-serie and I was so excited when my delar said, "sure, take a quick ride".

They had one car I could drive, it was a 320i, 4 -cylinders and 150hp, (next time I see them I'm going to drive one of the 6-cylinder engines). Of course a E90 with 150hp isnt a rocket but it works perfectly for daily-use. A 320i has the same qualities as the bigger ones, except for the engine

I'm impressed every time I drive a BMW, the steering feel is absolutly awesome and no other germancar can touch it. And the gearbox with 6-gears is excellent. So precise and easy and a pleasure to handle. And the instruments in the dark, so good-looking and looks modern and fresh (thats the best update compared to E46).

Of course after 15 minutes I cant say what makes E90 a better car than E46. E46 is already so good and is probably difficult to improve with a new model.

Well, the new 3-serie is a great car. IMO, neither the facelifted A4 or C-class is in the same league (yes, I have driven them). Please call me baised but this is probably something I share with many people. 3-serie isnt a best seller cause its a bad car, that's for sure. So if you can live with the design, E90 is the car you must buy or at least testdrive. If you buy one I suggest you choose at least 17" rims, smaller wheels make the car look to big in some angles.

This is the car I drove:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Just_me said:
So if you can live with the design, E90 is the car you must buy or at least testdrive.
But isn't the case with all the BMWs with the new designs? They're all great for driving, but that isn't the only thing that sells a car...

·
Registered
853 Posts
Attended the launch of the E90 yesterday. I have to say this is one of the least photogenic cars i've ever seen because it looks so much better in person! The design is very colour sensetive, though. I think it looks better in the lighter metallics than in the darker colours. I'm looking forward to driving the 330.

Millie

·
Registered
75 Posts
Millie Miglia said:
Attended the launch of the E90 yesterday. I have to say this is one of the least photogenic cars i've ever seen because it looks so much better in person! The design is very colour sensetive, though. I think it looks better in the lighter metallics than in the darker colours. I'm looking forward to driving the 330.

Millie
Strange... I've been hearing the opposite for choosing exterior colors for the car.

·
Registered
50 Posts
SOhp101 said:
Strange... I've been hearing the opposite for choosing exterior colors for the car.
Just wait for the m3 verison. That should be awsome. I think it will have about 380 bhp aswell. That power + m3 handling should be amazing (as usual) and should be the bench mark in its class

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
I second that the car looks much better in person. The so called flame surfacing of the recent BMW designs looks too 2 dimensional in the pictures to give it proper justice.

The E90 looks very sharp in Sparkling Graphite, which is mainly a grey color but with hues of violet and brown under certain lighting conditions.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've also driven the new E90 325i, and I must say that I was suprised in a positive way. The car handles excellent, and the car feels big with a lot of legroom. It also looks greater then I thought. The one I drove had an automatic gearbox, which wasn't very nice. The engine is very good and smooth, and even makes the car quite fast.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
I've not seen the E90 in the metal yet but it looks good from the pictures I've seen. As to how it drives I'm confident that it will be a really good drivers car and I don't think like for like models from competitors will worry it.

Just as a side note I saw a new Audi A4 Avant (facelift) on the motorway. It was truly handsome. Also seen a couple of RS4 saloons, nice but the Avant takes it by a whisker.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts