BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night we did a small test from 0-200.. the m5 was on P500 Sport mode S6..
the E55 was on sport mode..ESP on

From standstill flooring the cars together the E55 had the jump but later on the M5 gain more speed and pass it easily and still keep going.. i couldnt push the car beyond 220 Km/h.. beacause i havent passed the 5000 Km period..

we have tested 3 times in D5 the E55 pass the m5 from standstill.. the gear changes on the m5 are bit slow...

on S6 the car is totally different.. i couldnt get the m5 on the launch it keep playing right and left and then goes on straight line..
I think if i have used the P500 mode will be much better on the launch.. the Sport mode makes the throttle so responsive that make the car do the burnout...

is there any tips i can do to launch the car without LC? Ihavent tested the LC because of the Break in period..


Will keep you guys posted on future tests.. :M5launch:

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,810 Posts
I'll bet once you try the same test with LC, things will be a bit different! Not sure I would be pushing an engine this high strung while still in its break in period.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,213 Posts
If you read the manual you will find out that you may not use S5, D5, S6 before you have the car past 5000 km.... And not max rpm either...
 

·
Registered
2009 M6 Coupe 24000 miles Saphire Black
Joined
·
1,797 Posts
alsahher said:
Last night we did a small test from 0-200.. the m5 was on P500 Sport mode S6..
and then


alsahher said:
I think if i have used the P500 mode will be much better on the launch..

Thanks
? what do you mean by this, am I missing something.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Erik said:
and then




? what do you mean by this, am I missing something.....
Yeah cuz you missed a line while reading..



Basically the E55 was ahead in the start and then the m5 took over and passed it.. i am going to do more tests to see the results.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MortenDK said:
If you read the manual you will find out that you may not use S5, D5, S6 before you have the car past 5000 km.... And not max rpm either...
I didnt use the s5 s6 d5 before the 2000.. and the break in period i havent passed 80 km/h and the rpm was all the time below 3000 rpm...

i start pushing it hard after 3000k/m cuz i was very bored :2:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,213 Posts
kk :M5rev: :2:
 

·
Registered
2009 M6 Coupe 24000 miles Saphire Black
Joined
·
1,797 Posts
alsahher said:
Yeah cuz you missed a line while reading..



Basically the E55 was ahead in the start and then the m5 took over and passed it.. i am going to do more tests to see the results.
No I read all lines :) So thats why I did not understand it when you said that the launch would have been better useing P500 mode, when you already stated in you first line that you used that in the race with the E55....

thats all.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Erik said:
No I read all lines :) So thats why I did not understand it when you said that the launch would have been better useing P500 mode, when you already stated in you first line that you used that in the race with the E55....

thats all.....
OK i really was not impressed with M5 from stanstill.. is there a way that you can get the car to launch better from standstill? Or its only will preform good with LC? which i really dont want to use it all the time. I paid the money to get a car that can preform good in every aspect and all the time, not only by using launch control
 

·
Registered
2009 M6 Coupe 24000 miles Saphire Black
Joined
·
1,797 Posts
alsahher said:
OK i really was not impressed with M5 from stanstill.. is there a way that you can get the car to launch better from standstill? Or its only will preform good with LC? which i really dont want to use it all the time. I paid the money to get a car that can preform good in every aspect and all the time, not only by using launch control
What is the problem, are you getting to low traction?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Erik said:
What is the problem, are you getting to low traction?
The problem that the car has no grip from standstill.. am considiring changing the tyres to PS2..those SC2 is not that good
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,213 Posts
Try with S5... When doing S6 you have no anti-spin... But, if your tires are heated enough you will be able to get a very good start without LC... Test times i've seen with S5 and S6 was:

S5:

0-100: 5,0 sec

S6:

0-100: 4,8 sec


So, LC is not the only good way to launch the car, of course its the best, but not by far...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
573 Posts
alsahher said:
Last night we did a small test from 0-200.. the m5 was on P500 Sport mode S6..
the E55 was on sport mode..ESP on

From standstill flooring the cars together the E55 had the jump but later on the M5 gain more speed and pass it easily and still keep going.. i couldnt push the car beyond 220 Km/h.. beacause i havent passed the 5000 Km period..

we have tested 3 times in D5 the E55 pass the m5 from standstill.. the gear changes on the m5 are bit slow...

on S6 the car is totally different.. i couldnt get the m5 on the launch it keep playing right and left and then goes on straight line..
I think if i have used the P500 mode will be much better on the launch.. the Sport mode makes the throttle so responsive that make the car do the burnout...

is there any tips i can do to launch the car without LC? Ihavent tested the LC because of the Break in period..


Will keep you guys posted on future tests.. :M5launch:

Thanks
a noob question, since i havent looked into the manual yet, how do you perform launch control?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
505 Posts
thanks for posting

o len kam kan jedam 3ank mn il gomah ?

yareb lc marah thanya weyah and tell us the result
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
In the manual you cant use LC untill you have passed the 5000k.m.. Its my E55 also he just got the jump till 70 or 80 k/m the i passed him..

Marwan using the launch control is by switching of DSC chosing the drivolgic S6 hold the lever upwards keep pressing the accelarator release the gear knob and keep pushing it the accelerator down.. its different than the M3 LC where u have to change by yourself in the m5 it auto change.. in the M5 if you slightly take off your foot during LC it will interrupt the process..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,114 Posts
alsahher said:
The problem that the car has no grip from standstill.. am considiring changing the tyres to PS2..those SC2 is not that good
Heat up the tires first
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have changed the tyres to PS2.. and i feel the car have better launch now..
These are the tyre i have fitted on my M5:

Front: 255/35/19
Rear: 295/30/19
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,114 Posts
m5floyd said:
so what are the best tires for this car?


floyd
Unfortunately I don't think there are very many choices. Its either Conti or Pirrelli's. Have heard that these conti's are sub-par in less than warm temps. As for Pirrelli's, would never buy them. I had them on my SL and they were the noisiest tires I have ever riden on. Great dry traction though
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top