BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is driving me nuts. I can't show off my new M5 after installing Eisenmanns and X pipe from SSprint because of the tapping off the brace across the drivetrain!

What to do?

·
Registered
298 Posts
ALEV8 said:
Is driving me nuts. I can't show off my new M5 after installing Eisenmanns and X pipe from SSprint because of the tapping off the brace across the drivetrain!

What to do?
My stock exhaust was banging on that bolt-on support that it rests on via the two rubber bushings. The dealer shimmed between the support and the body of the car with some large steel shims to move it down approximately 3-4mm and the banging stopped.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I too had that same problem. The folks that installed my Tubi took that bracket off, shaved it down 1/8 of an inch at its nearest point to the exhaust and reinstalled. No more vibrations.

TripleD

·
10,455 Posts
jhowton said:
My stock exhaust was banging on that bolt-on support that it rests on via the two rubber bushings. The dealer shimmed between the support and the body of the car with some large steel shims to move it down approximately 3-4mm and the banging stopped.
Same here, i put a couple of washer in between the brace and the rubber exhaust mount, probably 2mm worth of space is all it took.
Mike

·
Registered
487 Posts
mottati said:
Same here, i put a couple of washer in between the brace and the rubber exhaust mount, probably 2mm worth of space is all it took.
Mike

Did this happen immediately after you did your exhaust work or did it take some time to present itself? Just wondering if I am going to expereince the same thing with the SS system and Dinan cans.

·
10,455 Posts
SACM5 said:
Did this happen immediately after you did your exhaust work or did it take some time to present itself? Just wondering if I am going to expereince the same thing with the SS system and Dinan cans.
For me this happened immediately after the exhaust was done, then the muffler shop did some realignment and it went away. It came back recently after a track event. I think the rubber hanger might be just getting soft, but i had some time on a sunday afternoon, and i had washers, hence the hack repair...
Mike

·
Registered
635 Posts
Mines is doing the same thing. Were you able to do it with a jack or did you take it to a shop with a lift.

Regards,

Marion

1 - 7 of 7 Posts