BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
gustav,

thanks for the beautiful pics and very nice writeup. felt like i was there too.

jack
+1. This great write up deserves a bump or two! I for one only now appreciated the full report (mainly because of the size and my slow link up at home). Thanks Gustav!

Dave

·
Registered
86 Posts
Fantastic writeup Gustav...pretty exotic locations (common for europe) for a M5 drive.
I hope within 2-3 years I will be back home!!!!
No more to me, NO MOOOOREEEEEEEEEEE ..............
No more stop signs every 100 feet (within the city limits)!
No more bumpy roads!
No more 55-65 MPH speed limit - it's really amazing to drive a 400 and up HP BMW M5 at 55 MPH speed limit (until today I had not the chance to use the 6th gear on my M5) (I'm thinking about a M5 Diesel but is not available yet LOL) - with cops everywhere acting like "a hunter - and if you had done something bad (not using the seat belt for example) - trying to pull you over using their lights, sounds, guns, helicopters, military jets or everything else - just to stop you - sometimes even to shoot you death - no matter to them ... just you must stop and pull over if they want you to stop!
That's the law ... YOU MUST STOP - if you don't stop - for any reason - just taking your license plates number and sending your ticket by mail IS NOT enough for them ... they will make you to stop and pull over at the end using their "unique in the world procedures"!!
They must see you face by face two times (one when you got pulled over and the second time at the court in front of the judge!!!
- By the way, Gustav ... did you ever see a POLIZEI car in Europe sitting beetween the AUTOBAHN lanes (on the grass) while using their RADAR to take your picture? I saw a lot of signs here in the US saying - "KEEP OFF THE GRASS" - N/A for cops (the fine print!!!!)
Is this safe for them? In the US it looks like this is safe, but ... if I will be a cop I will not do it - trust me! Not even if they will pay me $1.000.000 / month I WILL NOT DO IT!
NO MORE DRIVERS obstructing other drivers by NOT watching their mirrors, jumping in front of your car while changing lanes on freeway and not using their turn signals, not keeping right if they drive at low speeds (always keep right rule), etc.
One more thing ... I forgot ... did you ever see a 80+ years old driver while driving using a oxigen canister
(not for the car but for himself?)
I gotta go back home! I'm so sick today after I saw your post!
I MISS MY CONTINENT! I MISS MY EUROPE!
I was going to emigrate to the US,might give it a miss actually.

The UK is pretty bad at times but at least motoring nirvana is only a ferry ride away.You guys are stuck over there with a shotgun pointed at your heads:crying:

·
Registered
932 Posts
Nice!

Excellent write-up, sounds like a nice drive!

Does "stämpla" mean "floor it"?

·
Registered
932 Posts
:D

Tur att du köpte rätt färg på insidan, Caramel är klart snyggast. Men du skulle gått för LMB istället för svart...

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
So you speak Swedish :confused: :7: I should have guessed, you used the "ä" just liek that in your prevous post :)

:D

Tur att du köpte rätt färg på insidan, Caramel är klart snyggast. Men du skulle gått för LMB istället för svart...

·
Registered
932 Posts
Sure do. Plenty of Swedes (and Scandinavians in general) around Boston. Sadly enough I was in Sweden while you were here visiting. Next time!

·
Registered
518 Posts
Wow, what a thread! How did I miss this before? Best thread I have read in any forum in a LONG time. Gorgeous scenery, play by play story, and the cars!!!!!!!!!!!! If only you could have included a couple European beauties (read: females) along the way, then this would have topped all threads EVER!

Good job my man. Still bummed I didn't meet you in Utah. Maybe I will have to come to Sweden. :D

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Thank you :grinyes:

Did you see the movies:

Quick links to the movies:

1. 300+ km/h on Autobahn
2. Arriving in Monte Carlo via Italy
3. BMW M Roadster Z4 vs BMW M5 E39 standard race on autobahn.
4. Ferrari F430 vs BMW M5 E39 "race" from Monaco to Italy
5. Comparison of Supersprint headers vs standard for V8 and V10 BMW M5
6. BMW M5 E39 on Superspritn Dyno
7. Comparison of standard BMW M6 headers vs Superpsrint headers
8. BMW M6 on the dyno
9. BMW M5 E60 on the dyno.
10. BMW M5 E60 on the dyno second run

Wow, what a thread! How did I miss this before? Best thread I have read in any forum in a LONG time. Gorgeous scenery, play by play story, and the cars!!!!!!!!!!!! If only you could have included a couple European beauties (read: females) along the way, then this would have topped all threads EVER!

Good job my man. Still bummed I didn't meet you in Utah. Maybe I will have to come to Sweden. :D

·
Registered
124 Posts
Great trip and very cool pics. :applause:

The motorway sign on Italian motorway says: With seat belts you save life and driving license.

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
Awesome trip gustav! Thanks for taking pics for us :thumbsup:

21 - 40 of 42 Posts