BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a day ! A great day for a car wash and a drive (or two).

:byebye: :byebye: :byebye: :byebye: :byebye:

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Nice rides, musta.
I've always thought that the Z8 is one of the sexiest looking cars ever made.
Would you mind snapping a few shots of the lights? I love the look of the side roundel lit up and the neon tube tail lights lit up but I could never find any pics.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Very nice rides. :thumbsup: More pics please.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Musta10000,

Very nice rides you are sporting. How do you decide which one to drive first??

cherrsagai

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Hi, Skip:

Nice pic of your drop top machines, but what happened to the newest addition to your stable? ;)

:cheers:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
davem3smg

Dave - looking at the pictures I realize it is time to invest in a new digital camera, I guess my 1.3 MP Olympus doesn't cut it anymore. However, I am glad you enjoyed the loz rez pictures.

Cheers !!!

Skip

:biggrin:

·
Registered
612 Posts
Musta10000 said:
What a day ! A great day for a car wash and a drive (or two).

:byebye: :byebye: :byebye: :byebye: :byebye:
Hello Skip,
Two great cars - and both drop tops! That is fantastic. They look great. Enjoy!
Alfred
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Musta10000 said:
davem3smg

Dave - looking at the pictures I realize it is time to invest in a new digital camera, I guess my 1.3 MP Olympus doesn't cut it anymore. However, I am glad you enjoyed the loz rez pictures.

Cheers !!!

Skip

:biggrin:
Skip-
I'll take any pics I can get of a Z8. If you do get a new digital, though, make sure to post some pics for us!

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
Skip, very nice indeed! I love to see more pics and share the excitement :cheers:

Dave,
I do not think the side roundel lights up. Here are some pics (I tried to focus on lights for you) and you can find more over at my website: http://homepage.mac.com/z8mania/PhotoAlbum6.html

Also check out MacFly's website:
http://www.bmwz8.us/

In particular check out the gallery and the forums.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Dave: You probably already saw this thread with pics of Skip's beautiful Z8 in action, but in the event you have not, here is the link:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=54465

Jerry: Very nice pics of your gorgeous Z8! I never noticed that the Z8 xenons were emblazoned with "BMW XENON SYSTEM". I thought our xenons were made by Hella?

:cheers:

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
Al,
Thanks very much. I really enjoy your drive write ups. IMHO they are very professional.

I really don't know on the lights but I would guess that they are sourced from an OEM and being such a low volume item maybe BMW was able to get the "BMW Xenon system" put on them? Whats interesting is the inner light is really just for parking lights and the high beams are the big round lights next to the kidneys. Those rear lights and the turn signals are neon and the side turn signals are fiber optics...

·
Registered
837 Posts
Nice cars, I really like the Z8, I wish there were more of them and they were a tad more affordable, Josh

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
IMHO for the past many months and currently we are at the historic low in Z8 prices- I think used ones with a few thousand miles can be had in the mid 80s-low 90s. As time goes on and they go out of service and owners who get them as long term keepers (guilty!) the supply will dwindle. I think total production was ~5500.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts