BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

Another thread to create more clutter. :) I came from the VW/Audi world for number of years, started working at a BMW dealer in TX and that sort of threw me over the edge to switch my "fleet".

My latest VW is a '05 Jetta GLI (currently FOR SALE) that was suppose to sell before I bought a beast, but someone traded this Silver one in and it was just too good of a deal to pass up at the time, I had just sold a e36 325is Coupe(was going to be a daily driver project), and had driveway space.

I'm a fan of LOW, major low which I know it isn't the popular opinion amongst these lands, but I'm a firm believer of "to each his own". I've already started modifying the beast with minor mods, and so it's ben fun getting back into it with another long term project car. Car needs a few mechanical bits, rear main seal, valve cover gaskets, power steering hoses. It has 118k on the clock, have had it for 6 weeks.

Current list:
-Custom straight pipe, no resonator, no muffler, moved X-pipe back. (will be adding short high-flow mufflers to deepen sound in high RPMS)
-LED Angel eyes from BMW LED. Like the subtle look for the older cars vs. the 'HID' look fo the new ones.
-Black Kidney grils, which will be going to glossy soon.
-Yellow fogs, film and bulbs for that double yellow.
-BC Racing Coils. (details of current settings and height measurements below with the pics)
Coming in:
Afe Stage 2 CAI, Slimmbones Front Bumper Lower Grill with intakes, and Sliding/storage center arm rest.
Ordering by holidays:
Dinan SSK, Dinan Stg 2 software, Dinan Rear sway w/ Beast poer brackets, front lip, rear diffuser, and I'm sure I'll find other stuff...

Alright, now with the pics:

The Blue Jetta that has been my baby for 7yrs.

The e36 Daily. (pic before wheels went white)

After delivery of selling it to myself.. :)

Black kidneys that everybody knows.

LED Angel Eyes.

BC Coils before adjustment as they came out of the box vs. Stock strut.

Suspension dialed in for break in period. Here are the measurements as it stands:
Ground to Fender - Front 25" - Rear 24 1/2"
Front thread showing below knuckle and bottom strut: 3"
Front thread between upper and lower adjusting collars: 3 3/4" (possible amount of more drop)
Rear thread between upper and lower adjusting collars: 4 1/8" (possible amount of more drop)

The current family

Very happy to be in a forum again, I'll hopefully turn this into a long term build thread...

Cheers!

Reactions: M+ and sor118

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
Welcome! Looks great. Someone has a problem with lowered cars :)

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Welcome to the board :cheers:, the M5 looks great. The Jetta might look alright if you lowered it a bit.

Reactions: rao

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
Are you and QuickSilver best friends?

·
Registered
3,169 Posts

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
:hihi:

Reactions: JCM55555

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the board.
Was that your Tisi at C&C earlier this month parked between a CB and dinan Tisi? I was standing next to the CB talking to buddy while you backed in to park. I wanted to stick around and meet you, but i had my 20 month old sitting in the back of the car chowing on a snack and it was time to take him back to mama. Weather blew that morning.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the welcome! Fixed my rear left wheel speed sensor, broke it when we did the suspension, and speedo wasn't working. She's running all good now, again!!

Are you and QuickSilver best friends?
No, but we should be!! :)

I guess you can call us triplets! Mine looks the same way!!
I'm sure we have more siblings than just the 3 of us!! :jump:

Congrats and welcome to the board.
Was that your Tisi at C&C earlier this month parked between a CB and dinan Tisi? I was standing next to the CB talking to buddy while you backed in to park. I wanted to stick around and meet you, but i had my 20 month old sitting in the back of the car chowing on a snack and it was time to take him back to mama. Weather blew that morning.
Yup, that was me. I work there so I'm always there! I'm sure I'll catch you around next time, I just needed to park the car and it seemed like it would fit just right between the other 2 Beasts. The other TiSi also works there, his has all Dinan goodies minus supension work.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome. Great looking car. Clean Jetta as well.
Which Bulbs did you get from BMW LED? I see a few of them on their site. Any errors or flickering?
Thanks
These5 watts, no problem. fast shipping, perfect fitment.

Can't beat them for the price compared to other ones at close to $100 or more, or replacing the rings all together and taking the headlights apart for Cathode, or LED rings.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Also got confirmation today that my AFe intake, and Slimmbones lower bumper grill will both be arriving before the weekend! Another sunday project!

·
Registered
910 Posts
These5 watts, no problem. fast shipping, perfect fitment.

Can't beat them for the price compared to other ones at close to $100 or more, or replacing the rings all together and taking the headlights apart for Cathode, or LED rings.
Thanks. Just got them. :cheers:

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Very nice, keep up the good work!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Santi! WOW - shocked to see you on here. I was over on EG (still am just not that active) and went to several of the same shows as you in FL. I think I ruined the surprise when you finally put RS's on your GLI...I saw it at UCF and posted a thread on EG :p

In any case, welcome. The guys here are awesome and truly enthusiasts. What are you doing in Dallas?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah dude! Been in Dallas for 3 years. I work at a BMW dealer as a Client Advisor. Classic BMW.

I haven't been on EG in forever.. I miss it, but I don't have the time to spend hours everyday on forums.. These are enough!!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got my aFe intakes installed. Got them from my buddy's shop Rev Works out of Florida. Call Matt if you want anything performance!

Also had the car aligned on Friday since the BC coils were installed. -1* camber front, and -2* in back. We'll see when I get some wheels what I'll end up with.

All pretty looking out of the box :)

Also had my fiancee help me out.. lol. she was bored, and this was our way of spending some time together :)

Will have better pics later when I get m Slimmbones Bumper Intake Grill installed this week. :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Suspension dialed in for break in period. Here are the measurements as it stands:
Ground to Fender - Front 25" - Rear 24 1/2"
Front thread showing below knuckle and bottom strut: 3"
Front thread between upper and lower adjusting collars: 3 3/4" (possible amount of more drop)
Rear thread between upper and lower adjusting collars: 4 1/8" (possible amount of more drop)

Quoted original post of measurements for reference...

Lowered her 1/2" more this morning. :) Ground to fender measure now is 24 1/2" after it settled a little. So now it's leveled in front and back.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts