BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Enjoy! :thumbsup:

Nikon D300
Nikkor 17-55/2.8

HDR of 5 exposures at +/- 1 and 2 stops. Handheld.

Attachments

Reactions: Gustav

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
I'll have to admit that is a hell of a nice angle and lighting! What color is that, though? LeMans Blue or that other color that's almost black but it's actually really dark blue?

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
It would've been sexier if you put 3 x's instead of four like Sexxxy. No just kidding. Cool picture man.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
I'll have to admit that is a hell of a nice angle and lighting! What color is that, though? LeMans Blue or that other color that's almost black but it's actually really dark blue?
Carbon Black like mine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wow, nice photo.

Now stop holding back on us and provide a way to download a non-cropped high resolution version for our desktop backgrounds. DO IT.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Wow, nice photo.

Now stop holding back on us and provide a way to download a non-cropped high resolution version for our desktop backgrounds. DO IT.
+1!!! Indeed, nice picture! what MY is that?

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
How bout a new thread sexy m5 and a sexy girl :lightbulb:

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Thanks for all the very nice comments! You can find more of my photography at http://gsibble.deviantart.com

Anyone have a place where I can host the full size image? It's 12.1MP. (like 7MB)

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
You're also in dA? Nice gallery! I'm in there too but photography doesnt populate my gallery nearly as much as yours :hihihi:

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You're also in dA? Nice gallery! I'm in there too but photography doesnt populate my gallery nearly as much as yours :hihihi:
Good LORD you are a fantastic artist. I wish I could take some of those pictures. You are definitely my favorite artist on DA now. Your other pieces are absolutely incredible. I already had a few in my wallpaper directory and didn't even notice!

This is why I hate photography.....no matter how good you are, there are plenty of people better. I usually like other people's pictures more than mine.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Diny,

Great skills. That art is truly cool.

Your comment about not wanting to do much grahpic design after work rings so, so true.

Kind of funny to me, all your life you want to do something you think is really fun as your profession...and then you start doing it professionally, and some of the fun is just -- poof -- gone.

I had wanted to be a photographer since I was about 12. I finally made the jump from a hobbyist into a photo assistant when I was 17 (for $7.25/hr...in 2002. Not like this was the '60s where that would be considered great money). Having been involved professionally in the photo world for nearly 6 years now, I still find great pleasure in making a beautiful image (and I find that I'm most at peace when I'm in a space tweaking lights to get just the effect I'm looking for on that particular environment), however on weekends and after work really one of the last things on my mind is "Hey, I wish I had a camera so I could take some photos right now..."

Anyways, just something I come back to a lot. Many of the car forums I'm on have recurring photography contests and I simply don't have the energy to get out there and do a full-blown photoshoot to make some gorgeous automotive photography for the competition. I know it's in me, somewhere, but it's not close enough to the surface for me to get out and do it. Part of that, I imagine, is that having worked on commercial automotive photoshoots in the past, I know just what goes into it and how much work it would be to get an assistant buddy and gather up all the equipment, haul it to the location, set it up, wait for the proper lighting conditions, etc.

Ah, but I'm rambling...

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
Good post, man. Thanks for the compliments!

I generally like the design work that I get to do. It may not be as personal as what you see on my page over there, but I like it nonetheless...until a client demands a change that makes me go "WHAT?! NO WAY! Oh man you're breaking my balls!" But that's the nature of the beast.

I havent had a decent chance of doing a photoshoot of the car yet. My SLR is at the doctor and my crappy point and shoots don't cut it. I guess that I dont have many projects going on yet, even though there are things to do. The hardest part is getting started. Once I do that, it's smooth sailing (as long as I don't lose interest).

Can you offer any tips on good ways of lighting the car? Some ideas would be cool. I dont have any fancy studio equipment; just a dslr, some lenses, and 2 flashes.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Nice picture

but you need a tripod and a background that's a little less distracting ;)

oh and, the HDR is a little too subtle considering its +/-2

1 - 20 of 28 Posts