BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally I give green light to my racing shell project.
I decided to get recaro pole position seats in cloth. Then cover the sides and head with leather and sitting cushion/backrest with suede.
I'll use alum. recaro brackets.

Then today, I saw that Audi has decided to put my ideal racing seats in its TT sport model range.

Here is what I had thought and actually audi did put in its car:

·
Moderator Emeritus
600 Posts
That's great news, you'll definitely enjoy driving your M3 more with racing shells. They should've made it an option on the M3 from the beginning, just like Porsche.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HIPAD said:
That's great news, you'll definitely enjoy driving your M3 more with racing shells. They should've made it an option on the M3 from the beginning, just like Porsche.
I think so; it is a big shame for BMW in my opinion. It is not even included in ZCP package.

·
Moderator Emeritus
600 Posts
Regarding the ZCP (what does the "Z" stand for?) I guess we can now order those lovely CSL wheels without the need of a CSL VIN number. I had them on my car for a week and they looked amazing. Too bad I had to return them to their owner.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Even on the CSL, it's practically impossible to install a safe and legal 4-point harness without replacing the seats. grrrrrrr I've looked into several alternatives and found nothing approved by the seatbelt manufacturers. I don't get how they can call it a track car without the ability to install a harness? :confused2

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
pride355 said:
Finally I give green light to my racing shell project.
I decided to get recaro pole position seats in cloth. Then cover the sides and head with leather and sitting cushion/backrest with suede.
I'll use alum. recaro brackets.

Then today, I saw that Audi has decided to put my ideal racing seats in its TT sport model range.

Here is what I had thought and actually audi did put in its car:

Those look the same as the 996 GT3 chairs. Are they the same, if so I had the same in my M Coupe and they are amazing.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just looking at the TT seats, Does the overlap seatbelt have to be inserted into the slot?? It looks as though you may have to insert it above the side bolster!

Can't be a good fit as it will wear the leather out!!

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Today I talked with Recaro Turkish vendor on the phone. I was told that now Recaro releases CSL race buckets to its dealers and sell the complete kit at a price of 4500€.

On the other hand Recaro pole position seats with gun-metalic back color + rails with alum. brackets cost 2450€/pair. I find the price quite expensive and ask for a better price. Few months ago the same vendor quote me 1250€ for pair of cloth recaro pole positions with alum. brackets.

I'll see what I can do with the price.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts