BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been suffering from an ongoing wobble that all new EDC dampers and springs, new rear axle beam bushes, numerous wheel balancing, and a full KDS haven't managed to fix.

So I took my car to Munich Motors in Wokingham earlier today and they traced the fault to worn front inner lower arm bushes within 10 minutes. My local BMW dealer have been grappling with this one for 6 months + they were the ones that replaced the suspension! (which needed doing anyway before anyone cries foul!)

This in itself may not be much to shout about but when I learnt that the owner is restoring one of 25 official Birds RHD e30 M3s that was used by Robert Ravagllia to shuttle between touring car races in the late 80's (with signed service book and sun visor no less) I just knew my car had to be in good hands :)

Interestingly they have an e30 M3's duplex timing chain and gears hanging on the wall in reception, so we got chatting about that (because I used to own one, and I'm a sad, sad anorak). They have to be the first independent M specialist I've spoken to that hasn't perpetrated the myth that you have to change them at 100K :thumbsup:

All this for £45 per hour? Bargain.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
118 Posts
Tubbs said:
They have to be the first independent M specialist I've spoken to that hasn't perpetrated the myth that you have to change them at 100K :thumbsup:

All this for £45 per hour? Bargain.
Munich Legends (East Sussex) also just advise to only replace the tensioner.
 

·
Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
4,273 Posts
Mike_Rock said:
Munich Legends (East Sussex) also just advise to only replace the tensioner.
Yes Mike
They advise changing the tensioner on M5 s then CHARGE for it & dont replace it.
They love people who are not familair with the M series of cars.

Theres a lot I could write publicly about ML but my experience of them was 3 years ago now. Barney seems like a nice chap but a chain of incidents & a stupid bill for something I already knew the fault on was the last straw.

Hmm... Specialists can be a very misused word..

Be carefull out there....

Farrell
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
970 Posts
Hi Farrell

I also cannot recommend Munich Motors (Wokingham) enough. They rebuilt my engine after a catastrophic visit to Bridgegate BMW Derby, who did not address a number of issues, but said 'everything' was OK following the second Inspection 2.

The chaps at Munich Motors are brothers, Derek and Clive, and are mega enthusiasts, running various BMW's themselves and are both ex BMW technicians with over 40 years expereince between them. Clive's Wife, Sue, runs the front desk and is again very knowledgeable.

What more can I say?

Thanks

Brian

W


farrell said:
Yes Mike
They advise changing the tensioner on M5 s then CHARGE for it & dont replace it.
They love people who are not familair with the M series of cars.

Theres a lot I could write publicly about ML but my experience of them was 3 years ago now. Barney seems like a nice chap but a chain of incidents & a stupid bill for something I already knew the fault on was the last straw.

Hmm... Specialists can be a very misused word..

Be carefull out there....

Farrell
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top