BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my personal opinion, please don't flame just thinking out loud!!! :)

I felt I should post about the Meisterschaft Exhaust because I keep reading how it is one of the best sounding exhaust for the M5. I've watched almost every Meisterschaft Exhaust M5 clip on youtube and I cannot understand how M5 owners would put this exhaust on their own cars!!! :confused2. To me it sounds like an unsophisticated/rough/obnoxiously loud exhaust that you would hear on a modified muscle car. I think the reason M5 owners would buy it would be the fact it grabs people's attention. Imagine what people think "Did this guy just put a chevy big block in his BMW??!?!"

If you are curious of what kind of exhaust I think the M5 deserves, it would be in this order, 1) Tubi 2) Hamann 3) Supersprint. All the exhausts I have listed give the V10 a unique high pitched noise without the irritating growling of the Meisterschaft Exhaust.

Somebody has to feel the same way I do, right? :dunno:

Here's a link to the video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=vRYYe0kLCto&mode=related&search=

·
Company Representative of RPI Power
3,395 Posts
I think it's nice we all have different tastes in exhaust systems. It would be terrible if we all thought the same.

I personally prefer the Eisenmann Race & Sport to the Meisterschaft because of their higher pitched sounds. I unfortunately, couldn't go this route because I'm not a fan of exhaust drone, especially on a luxury oriented vehicle. I do like the Eisenmann Sport especially at high rpm's though.

One thing to note though is it's impossible to capture the sound accurately. Picking one or another by the way it sounds as recorded by a cheap camcorder built in microphone, digitized on the computer, through a consumer sound card, out through nearly useless computer speakers really stacks the odds against us.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
i personally hate the way the evosport m5 sounds.....just a little bit too much takes away the nice sound the M5/M6 has and gives it a muscle car tone to it...just not my style

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
You do have to realize that the Evosport M5 has the Meisterschaft AND Section 1, AND Section 2, AND headers. It's just about as loud and obnoxious as you can make this car sound.
Granted, Eisenmann/Meisterschaft isn't for everyone, and I agree the Evosport on is a bit over the top, but the just the mufflers or mufflers+x-pipe sound great to me:applause:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You guys are right, the Evosport M5 is too modified which makes it sound like NASCAR. I do find the Eisenmann Sport/Race version much more likeable.

·
Registered
249 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you heard my car in person you would have never made this post ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtspSe9ZNCo

Also the Hammann and Supersprint are the same. Both made by Supersprint.
I searched the Hamann and Supersprint exhausts for the M5 and they sound different. Hamann sounds more high pitched, Supersprint has deep sound.

The Evosport M5 sounds terrible compared to your video, I guess Evosport headers make it sound bad:hihi:

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
the eisenmann race w/section 1&2 already makes the exhaust loud and raspy and adding the headers just kills it......just a simple combo of meisterschaft+xpipe sounds nice....or race w/xpipe or race w/section 1 or just race itself has a very nice tone....

·
Registered
273 Posts
I searched the Hamann and Supersprint exhausts for the M5 and they sound different. Hamann sounds more high pitched, Supersprint has deep sound.
That's another reason why it is too difficult to judge an exhaust by video clips. Hamann exhausts are re-branded Supersprint exhausts w/tips.

I'm reserving my judgement about meisterschaft until I hear it person--I think it sounds bad ***, but I wouldn't be able to handle the droning.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
In the e39 M5, I think the general consensus was that Tubi gets the not. Does Tubi yet make one for the e60 M5?

Rick
Tubi makes two version for the E60, normal version and the rumore version. Kind of like sport and race.

·
Registered
230 Posts
To Amer:

To each is their own, some members on the board enjoy that deep growl while others enjoy that high pitched sound. You should at least get in a car with each setup because they all bring their own unique sound.

E34M5/3.8IL6: Your video is the reason i got my setup, thank you very much bro.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
To Amer:

To each is their own, some members on the board enjoy that deep growl while others enjoy that high pitched sound. You should at least get in a car with each setup because they all bring their own unique sound.

E34M5/3.8IL6: Your video is the reason i got my setup, thank you very much bro.
When I saw the Evosport M5 on youtube I thought it only had the Meisterchaft exhaust but it had other stuff done which made the car sound over-the-top. By itself the Meisterchaft is :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
503 Posts
I am switching from SS with x-pipe to Tubi regular. I almost went with the meisterchaft. I got a great deal on the Tubi so I could not pass it up.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am switching from SS with x-pipe to Tubi regular. I almost went with the meisterchaft. I got a great deal on the Tubi so I could not pass it up.
Are you going to use an x-pipe for the tubi? is it tubi rumore version?

·
Registered
503 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
any reason you didn't go with rumore version? does it drone?
I was told by Tubi USA that the Rumore with an x-pipe would be out of control loud. They said regular with x-pipe would be like having rumore.

Plus, rumore is described as having a loud V8 sound throughout the RPM's. It came down to waiting 5+ weeks and not having a clue on how it would sound. There is a guy on the board with a e39 that has rumore with x-pipe at I did not like the sound. Of course, that is with a V8.

·
Registered
34 Posts
yeah like when your just revving it it sounds like almost a muscle car but on take off and high speed it makes an ... its hard to describe like its one of those things u have to be there to experience it.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts