BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

201 - 211 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
Quite the journey! Congratulations. I'm certainly looking forward to the seeing the finished product...

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #203
Quite the journey! Congratulations. I'm certainly looking forward to the seeing the finished product...
It is indeed quite the journey. Bunch of other priorities to take care of, this gets leftover time and resources ;)

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #204
Exhaust starting to take shape:

X pipe is coming behind the cats, then a middle box, then back box. Cutout valves will be in front of cats.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #205

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
It is indeed quite the journey. Bunch of other priorities to take care of, this gets leftover time and resources ;)
Yes, I understand...kudos to you for keeping at it!

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #208
Have you show this build on the e30 forums? The kids on r3vlimited would go batsh#t crazy for this.
Yup on some of them.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #209
Some more exhaust fab pics. Was at his shop today and we did some final adjustments to the exhaust and exact tip location. OCD got the better of me/us and we will shorten one tip so it's more flush with the bumper.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #210
Some more progress. Cooling system more or less done. Ended up moving radiator in front of the front clip and we modified a radiator so it´s got 2 seperate parts, upper/lower as the oem S85 system has. That way we can use the oem hoses/clips on the engine side. Then put a big electric fan behind the rad:

Then fitting the intakes, using the Eventuri ones:

So now the fab work is pretty much done it´s time to strip the car and blast the shell & fix some rust.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #211
"Curb protection" version 1 ;)

201 - 211 of 211 Posts