BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
AndyE said:
Looked at your auction just out of curiosity (I'm in the US). What are you doing with your headlights since in the auction you mentioned the car will come with the standard ones? It looks in the pictures like they have angel-eye surrounds. Are you selling them and if so do you have any further info about them (brand, color of the lighting surrounds, price)?

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Adam

They're not Angel eyes - shortly after I bought the car, I was disappointed with the factory lights, so I bought some Mercedes E500 Bi-Xenon lamps from eBay and transplanted the internals into E34 housings. The ring you can see is a part of the Mercedes reflector.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=43834

Here are some pictures of the work. The lenses had since been replaced with clear lenses I bought from eBay as the standard ones were stonechipped and cracked.

Instead of selling the car with them, I planned to keep the Merc components for use in future cars. They're brilliant technology, and so bright.
Additionally, I thought it was unfair for the buyer to inherit my home-made headlights. It's not as if they could visit a dealer if one stopped working! hiha

Cheers!
Andy

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
AndyE said:
Just one or two little mods and I'll have it mate.

As you are changing the headlights anyway can you put in some angel eyes as I think they are lush, and while you are in a 'customer is always right' mode can you change the interior to grey motorsport cloth and alcantara as I like monochrome better (i.e. white, black, grey). The exterior colour's not too much of a problem as I don't look at it much, but a change to Rosso Red would make it perfect :haha:

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
AndyE any luck with the sale, being one of your watchers, I saw the final bid price but has the buyer contacted you as yet....I hope so as they would be a fool to loose out on the car?

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Simon

The chap can't collect the car for two weeks, but he's sending the money by direct bank transfer... I wait to see if it actually arrives. Fingers Xd!

Cheers!
Andy

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
AndyE said:
Simon

The chap can't collect the car for two weeks, but he's sending the money by direct bank transfer... I wait to see if it actually arrives. Fingers Xd!

Cheers!
Andy
Good luck I hope he completes the purchase

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I was keeping an eye on it as well, the car looked A1 and no shortage of info either. Hope the buyer doesn't F about. Hope you'll keep posting on the board Andy, as you know some useful stuff, or will your input be going into some Audi forum ??
Cheers,
Phil.
p.s. I notice in your auction you mentioned it was time for a change, have you seen the Touring advertised in EXM, No 889 apparently, registered in 1996 @ a mere £8750 ish..???

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Phil

I always fancied a Touring, but I want something completely different for a bit. I hope the sale goes smoothly too.

I expect I'll stick around here, it's quite an interesting forum, and a good resource for all kinds of M5!

I also quite like helping people with their M5 problems! Makes me feel better about how badly I behave the rest of the time - a bit like eating ten Big Macs, then having a Diet Coke to make up for it... :hihi:

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
AndyE said:
Phil

I always fancied a Touring, but I want something completely different for a bit. I hope the sale goes smoothly too.

I expect I'll stick around here, it's quite an interesting forum, and a good resource for all kinds of M5!

I also quite like helping people with their M5 problems! Makes me feel better about how badly I behave the rest of the time - a bit like eating ten Big Macs, then having a Diet Coke to make up for it... :hihi:
Well we Touring people would love to have you join us but I do know that you wanted something sportier and a little smaller.....I know build one your self get the Touring and create the first 3 dr M5 if you take out the rear seats and get rid of the rear doors you would have a shorter different Touring ....perfect:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Man, I was hoping the diet cokes were doing the business, ah well back to the thick shakes ///mmm.
No mention of the S4 then, sold that too ?.

Phil.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, sold the S4 in February after we got back from the Arctic Circle. Only lost £400 on it in 8000 miles! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts