BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back last night from a very tiring but exciting trip to Brussels to collect my new M5. Huge thanks to Tin for coming along for the ride - we had a blast (I think he was more excited than I was). Apologies also to all those that volunteered but didn't get the call...

The day started with a drive down to Folkestone and the Channel Tunnel.

This was the last European trip of many for my gorgeous E39 M5:

Across to France and it was time for the final fill up - here's Tin doing the honours:

Having arrived at the dealer it was time to inspect the new car:

It was time to say goodbye to an old friend. Here we have the two cars next to each other. The colours are Carbon Black E39 on the left and Onyx Blue E60 on the right.

I knew I would like the Onyx but I was a little apprehensive about my choice for the interior. I had never seen a car with Light Ash trim before so it was a bit of a gamble. I opened the door and....

After a brief stunned silence I sat in the car and it all came together for me. I really liked it. It actually works very well in the car. The ash brightens up the car a lot and it's definitely unique. Having driven back home I it's grown on me and I certainly wouldn't change it. Of course, others may disagree (the word 'Ikea' springs to mind!).

Here is the rear seat area:

Front door:

Rear door (note the Onyx Blue body colour in daylight):

Whilst at the dealer we noticed another M5 in the showroom:

Time to fill her up and head for home - this colour is just yummy!

On the road again - "look ma no hands":

Just look at it....

Oh yeah baby....

Wow...

·
Registered
256 Posts
Congrats Ashok, I do love that blue it really suits the M5, simply stunning, I bet we won't be seeing you much on the board this weekend. Look forward to you first impressions.

·
Registered
100 Posts
wow..the blue onyx is so awesome from the pics. i bet it will look $%^($^(%&(%^)&%^&%^)&(^ (infinite positive compliments) in the real world.

oh come on...wallpaper friendly resolutions pleasseeee!! :p :p

·
Registered
84 Posts
The best E60 M5 on this board ... Absolutey stunning ... Congratulations Ashok !!

Yeah i would love Hi-Res pics too!!!!

·
Registered
867 Posts
Congrats Ashok - unusual and beautiful combination! What were the delivery miles when you collected?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Hey Ashok, thanks for inviting me, was a great day! I'm very very impressed with the E60, road noise is pretty much dead, so smooth even with 19's. Interior build quality is very very good.

I'm beginning to like the E60 more and more I see them, didn't realise there was a pale/yellow light above the angel eyes in the front headlights.

Will upload my pics later tonight! colour/interior combo is very nice indeed, well done ashok! :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I traded in my old LHD E39 M5 for the E60. I did feel sad when it came to the final farewell but that didn't last long :D

More pictures including hi-res & interior close-ups to follow shortly.

The speedo is currently km/h but I have a mph speedo that is being fitted by my local dealer. There was a technical (software) problem with the LHD & MPH but I don't see this as an issue (e.g. US cars will be LHD & MPH). The HUD is showing MPH at the moment so no worries registering the car in the UK.

The car had 5 miles on it at delivery time.

It's a beauty lovelove

·
Registered
180 Posts
Ashok Arora said:
I traded in my old LHD E39 M5 for the E60. I did feel sad when it came to the final farewell but that didn't last long :D

More pictures including hi-res & interior close-ups to follow shortly.

The speedo is currently km/h but I have a mph speedo that is being fitted by my local dealer. There was a technical (software) problem with the LHD & MPH but I don't see this as an issue (e.g. US cars will be LHD & MPH). The HUD is showing MPH at the moment so no worries registering the car in the UK.

The car had 5 miles on it at delivery time.

It's a beauty lovelove
Apsolutly stunning - Thats it my April 2006 M5 will have to be Blue Onyx.

Don't know about you but the weekend is here - time to take the car cover off and blast the beast.

Whens the meet up again ?

Congratulations and welcome to the club.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,823 Posts
Absolutely fantastic exterior color. I am absolutely fantastically disappointed that we in the US are unable to order it. Enjoy the car and we look forward to driving impressions.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Your car is simply gorgeous my friend. That interior is truly a knock out too! I wonder if we can get the light ash here in the states? Congratulations my friend for your beautiful new beast! :M5launch:

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Very nice - as you know, my own beast is getting a Caramel interior, but perforated and with Dark Poplar wood, and Malachite Green on the exterior...

Who did you get to install the rear screens?

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
TV screens were fitted at the dealership. Total price (including 6dvd changer, two screens plus playback on IDrive Screen, cordless headphones, PS2 input etc.) fitted was EUR 3900.

Ghufran - the meet is on October 2nd at The Runnymede Hotel from 12 Noon.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Ashok Arora said:
TV screens were fitted at the dealership. Total price (including 6dvd changer, two screens plus playback on IDrive Screen, cordless headphones, PS2 input etc.) fitted was EUR 3900.

Ghufran - the meet is on October 2nd at The Runnymede Hotel from 12 Noon.
Nice - Sytner refuse to supply any non-official kit in their BMWs... :(

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Ashok, your car looks absolutely fantastic, the colour combo works really well.:thumbsup: More pics please.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts