My next mods.....

4K views 40 replies 18 participants last post by  EuroCarFan 
#1 ·

:hihi::hihi::hihi: :M5launch:

See less See more
#3 ·
'Bout time you put some go in that show....:applause::cheers::biggrinbounce:

Cheers ///
I know!!! I'm tired of getting beat up on by Civics and Corollas! ouichgrrrrrrr:hihihi:

#7 ·
Mike, yes Darwin's doing the install next week starting on Mon. I say "starting" cause I'll have to send my ECU back for another reflash to account for the headers/cats. I'm also replacing my Evosport pulleys with the RDSport ones. :)

Boner, I'm not sure about the design but I do know the RDSport headers are stainless steel whereas the Evosport ones are supposedly mild steel.

#9 ·
Why are you replacing the pully? It couldn't possibly make a difference..could it? Or are you just doing it to have all RD equipment.....

Chris

#15 · (Edited)
Why are you replacing the pully? It couldn't possibly make a difference..could it? Or are you just doing it to have all RD equipment.....

Chris
Hey Chris,
Yeah, there shouldn't be any difference. I'm just switching what I can to RDSport stuff. :M5thumbs: Got the RDS pulleys as part of my headers/cats package so what the heck....

Kenny, can't wait to see/meet you and the SoCal guys at Bimmerfest. :cheers:
Joon, are you going?

Jeff, I do have some dyno runs already; when my car was bone stock, then I did it again on Wed of this week and will get more dynos after the headers/cats/pulleys are installed.

Juan, I thought you were calling me Junky as in I'm fat. LOL!!! :7::7:

#12 ·
CONGRATS on the headers!!!!!! :thumbsup::1:I just ordered headers along with the X pipe, and pulley from Evosport last week.. (can't freakin wait) I chose them because - first - I am DONE with Dinan...! But the evo's are suppose to be ceramic coated.. I thought that was suppose to be good for keeping heat down.. Anyway - I have a question... If I have the following mods and I add the headers and X pipe and pulley what software should I go to?

Current modes:
Dinan 3.91 Diff
Dinan Stage 2 software (garbage)
Dinan Throttle Bodies
Dinan Exhaust

What software is the best to compliment what I have and what I am about to put on? Spoke to Mike at ESS but thought I would check out what other avenues are out there...:confused:

#16 ·
CONGRATS on the headers!!!!!! :thumbsup::1:I just ordered headers along with the X pipe, and pulley from Evosport last week.. (can't freakin wait) I chose them because - first - I am DONE with Dinan...! But the evo's are suppose to be ceramic coated.. I thought that was suppose to be good for keeping heat down.. Anyway - I have a question... If I have the following mods and I add the headers and X pipe and pulley what software should I go to?

Current modes:
Dinan 3.91 Diff
Dinan Stage 2 software (garbage)
Dinan Throttle Bodies
Dinan Exhaust

What software is the best to compliment what I have and what I am about to put on? Spoke to Mike at ESS but thought I would check out what other avenues are out there...:confused:
To the REAL Junky :hihihi:
I personally like to stick as much as I can to one tuner (probably kinda obvious here), but since you seem adamant about moving away from Dinan, I guess that's not a possibility for you. I assume the other software programs from AA, Evosport and ESS can probably account for the mods you have. My only concern, and Juan will have to clarify, is that I thought he was having issues running AA software with Dinan throttle bodies. :dunno: Again, hopefully Juan can provide more details.

Also, I thought you had to get the Evosport software with the Evosport headers to remove the CEL warning?

#14 ·
Way to go! Lets but some balls in that car.

Junky check with Evosport about the ECU software mod to compliment the headers and pulley. You can also go with Active stage II software as I have.
BTW Junky you know if you think about it, excluding the stroker motor, nothing that Dinan has made and sells for the E60M5 makes any proven hp.

Cheers, M5Ranger

#20 ·
Way to go! Lets but some balls in that car.

Junky check with Evosport about the ECU software mod to compliment the headers and pulley. You can also go with Active stage II software as I have.
BTW Junky you know if you think about it, excluding the stroker motor, nothing that Dinan has made and sells for the E60M5 makes any proven hp.

Cheers, M5Ranger
EXACTLY!!!!!!!!:applause: Heck I would love to see someone get that stroker motor and see their before and after Dyno's - then see the flames come out of their ears after they see like 10 hp gain or somehting like that.. - I'm not convinced of that mod yet.. The 20G's I dumped in Dinans pocket was useless! :eek:oohhh: Thats why I am venturing out of the box now.. I'm gonna call your guys shortly at Active as well as evosport.. I spoke with Mike at ESS already, but the only thing that makes me a little nervous yet are those damn Dinan Throttle bodies... If I do something out of the norm - are they gonna freak out? :eek: Just dropped my car off this morning to rip out the Dinan Springs (that are FAILING by the way) and installing H&R - also installing the Evo Pulley today.. We'll see how that feels tonight.. I bet hands down all this other stuff I am about to do will blow Dinans stuff out the tail pipe... :hihi: My Headers and X are due to arrive within 2 weeks..

#18 ·
I'll try to get some today.

#21 ·
Headers and race cats...Yummy!!!! RD headers looks nicely built!

#26 ·
I've had some dynos done already but will post everything up once I do some more runs after the headers/cats install.

#29 ·
Yeah, these are stainless steel. My car is still at the shop and I think installation will be done today but not sure if I will get my ECU back from RDSport yet. Been driving around this POS rental car the last couple days. hehe

#31 ·
I organized a group buy for them from a company called MyProjectCars.com. I posted it on here and on E60.net but my thread here was deleted because they're a competitor of Revozport which is a sponsor here.

The GB price was $200. The minimum order was 5 but we only had 4 but MPC still honored the price. Unfortunately all the covers had a slight gap but MPC was right there to offer a full refund and actually went above that and gave us replacement items for free without asking us to send back the old pieces. They worked with the manufacturer to make sure the new ones were test fitted before sending out. I actually haven't even opened mine up yet to swap them. If you're interested, PM me and I'll get in touch with MPC.

#33 ·
That's is so awesome Tony! We have to meet up again. Let's plan something soon. If you have it on before the weekend. I will be at Santana Row on Sunday morning for a short time. Let me know. PM me.

#35 ·
#36 ·
#37 ·
I hope to get it done by tomorrow. Everything's in, just waiting for the ECU to come back from RDSport.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.