BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, I started off with Carbon Fiber gills/grilles.

Then I got some 20" Radenergie RD 1.3 wheels (I'm getting some HRE's to replace these, but this was a cheap alternative in the mean time).

Then I got Dinan Stage 2 Suspension and Dinan exhaust.

I'm looking for a nice intake/software setup. I've thought about the RPI scoops, but I'd rather go with a complete intake system.

any suggestions??

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
seem like you have to wait for Dinan intake if you already opt out RPI Scoop. So far, none has show any gain near RPI scoop. May I ask why you opt out for RPI scoop. With price/performance, :confused2:confused2:confused2. I personally got 18whp from the scoop alone and have seen as high as 22whp. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
I like the look of those wheels better than the hre wheels... Keep em. Where did u get them from and how much they run?

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Hey avi8tir I'd forget the Dinan intakes. I use to have the Gruppe M intakes. They were beautiful pieces but never revealed any dyno gains. They are also expensive.
I had to removed them when I did the ASR Engineering NOS setup. This system works with custom designed intakes done by ASR which is what I currently have.
Many have good results from the RPI air scoops on dyno testing. Inexpensive hp gain.
I would recommend the Active Autowerke ECU upgrade. They will tailor the software to the level of your mods.

I would recommend you not consider Dinan TB's.
Get the pulley (whomevers), it is a good mod.

Good luck, M5Ranger

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Oh BTW I forgot to ask, please post pics of the wheels, both the Rads and the HRE's.
I would love to see them.

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
There is no other way you can get more than 15 rwhp from a mod costing under $350 period. Why opt for a full intake and spend 4 or 5 times the cost of the scoop for a percentage of the gain. Until someone can re-create hp on a dyno, scoops hold the title!

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
seem like you have to wait for Dinan intake if you already opt out RPI Scoop. So far, none has show any gain near RPI scoop. May I ask why you opt out for RPI scoop. With price/performance, :confused2:confused2:confused2. I personally got 18whp from the scoop alone and have seen as high as 22whp. :thumbsup:
+1........proof is in the pudding
RPI scoops/BMC filters best bang for your buck!

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well, I guess I can't argue with the RPI scoops. I'll order them this week.

When I got the M5, I REALLY wanted the M3 CSL style wheel for my car. I went down to HRE to see if they could make the P40 but they weren't ready to do it yet. So, I found the Radenergies and liked them enough to give them a shot. The best part is that the set was only $1500!!!!!! But, seeing that the Monoblok series is about to hit the streets from HRE, I might just have to go with those. The hardest part about finding wheels that I liked is the fact that my car is Silverstone. Its a VERY difficult color to match wheels to.

Anyways, I havent posted any pics of my car on here yet so here you go!

Carbon Gills/Grilles
20" Radenergie RS 1.3 on PS2's
Dinan Stage II Suspension
Dinan Exhaust

·
Registered
316 Posts
Anyways, I havent posted any pics of my car on here yet so here you go!

Carbon Gills/Grilles
20" Radenergie RS 1.3 on PS2's
Dinan Stage II Suspension
Dinan Exhaust

Is is just me or do those wheels look much bigger than 20"??

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Bernie, call me....

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
There is no other way you can get more than 15 rwhp from a mod costing under $350 period. Why opt for a full intake and spend 4 or 5 times the cost of the scoop for a percentage of the gain. Until someone can re-create hp on a dyno, scoops hold the title!
+1.

The Dinan intake at about $3K installed is showing slightly less of a gain (whcih I think includes the gains for the CF removal). Keep in mind all the talk about the Dinan dyno and fan which allos them to get their gain. Imagine what gains would show with the RPI scoops on that dyno with more substantial airflow!

It is aslo easily reversible.

Other than the CF removal, there is no better bang for the buck mod for this car. The scoops would easily be worth it at three times thier price.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Hey avi8tir those Radenergies are beautiful. They look hugh for 20".
I was not familiar of this Rad. style. I really like it. Are they a one piece wheel?
Why get the HRE monobloks. Ride them for a little longer then jump.

BTW as to the above discussion in this thread, I agree that the RPI scoops have proven to truly produce real hp for our cars.
This has turned out to be a good mod (bang for the buck).

M5Ranger

1 - 17 of 17 Posts