·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Jesus, 93 views and not a single comment. I won't bother posting any pics next time :(

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers. I thought this would be of interest to us UK guys so sorry for the rant ;)

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Looks awesome! I'll bet it feels even better!

·
Registered
832 Posts
It looks good man. Don't be mad about no comments, this isn't Facebook :tonquesmilie:

Reactions: nyyfinsphan72

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
You might get more comments when you install it on the car ;)

Nice looking wheel.

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
I'm gonna do the exact same thing to my car as the "finishing" touch later next year. But yes, install it in your car, take proper pics, and then ***** about not getting comments! :p

·
Registered
404 Posts
looks really good, let us know how it holds up

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Hey Russ,

Looks great, but can you provide some details for us? The link you provide just gives a list of 6 BMW steering wheels from some guy on ebay. How much does it cost? Does he refurb yours, or is it a straight exchange for someone elses wheel? Do you get a new centre cover as well? Looks like the older, larger wheel, but can't be 100 certain from those pics - did you upgrade to the later version? Anything we should know about the airbag etc? Do you have a choice of finish - I like the idea of a refurb, and the workmanship looks top notch, but not too keen on the airtex look myself. I'd prefer one that matches the original. And yes - Pics ON the car please! :biggrin:

Barney.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Hey Russ,

Looks great, but can you provide some details for us? The link you provide just gives a list of 6 BMW steering wheels from some guy on ebay. How much does it cost? Does he refurb yours, or is it a straight exchange for someone elses wheel? Do you get a new centre cover as well? Looks like the older, larger wheel, but can't be 100 certain from those pics - did you upgrade to the later version? Anything we should know about the airbag etc? Do you have a choice of finish - I like the idea of a refurb, and the workmanship looks top notch, but not too keen on the airtex look myself. I'd prefer one that matches the original. And yes - Pics ON the car please! :biggrin:

Barney.
+1 More Info Needed

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey Russ,

Barney.
Hi Barney.
The cost is £105 plus £8.95 postage. You can either send him your wheel or pay a £150 surcharge to get the new wheel sent and you return your old wheel in the box and you get your £150 refunded via paypal.
Centre covers are not included but my wheel is the later version anyway. He can do several finishes including Alacantra.
On the early cars you have to know if the wheel has a 1 stage or 2 stage airbag as they are not interchangeable so someone here may be able to advise on what your car has.
Gonna fit it this weekend if poss so I will post some pics up.

I asked for the airtex look as I kinda like it but you dont have to have it.

Reactions: 100%Cocoa
1 - 20 of 20 Posts