BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fresh down from the floor jack. Baffle didn't even have a chance to set in so it may get more harmonious. The water from the tips is condensation.

Stock exhaust has a well worn out baffle and the RE exhaust has a brand new baffle.
Stock Vs. Rogue Engineering Diablo

Here's a cold start.

Rogue Engineering Exhaust Cold Start

Attachments

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
I heard the prototype on HaroldC's car. VERY akin to Eisenmann Race, a bit quieter, bit louder than E-Sport. Haven't heard this version of the cans, but I imagine it's at least very similar to the original iteration.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I like your setup Asif...what else are you doing?
Thanks Rich! Swapping Rims/Tires and Doing away with the Section 1 Cat/Section 2 Resonator. Cat Delete + X-Pipe for section 1/2. Putting in the Pulleys too. Going to send out for the ESS Tune next weekend; want to get the feel for the new parts and get a dyno before I send out for the software.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
It sounds as if its loud but then we compared to stock it doesnt. I am wondering how it compares to SS race mufflers ?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
P97, you going to love the RE exhaust once it breaks in. Give it a good week or two for the "Smell" to pass (depending on your driving habits). The RE exhaust is soft in the lower revs and kicks *** in the higher revs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Haslsrr7TTs. That was me on day one of the RE install.
Trust me, I must have watched that video hundreds of time when I was waiting for the exhaust once I got the group buy. It was only one of two videos available of the RE.

It will definitely get louder once the baffels get burned in. If people are listening from a laptop, they may not have the sound fidelity to notice the deeper bass tones but it is much deeper. It's raining here in San Diego (I know, can you believe it? :sad2:) but as soon as the roads dry, I'm hitting 8200!

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
... It's raining here in San Diego (I know, can you believe it? :sad2:) but as soon as the roads dry, I'm hitting 8200!
Raining in San Diegohmmm. Hahahaha, I got to hear it in person. :thumbsup:

Congrats, with that exhaust, it will make the ride even more enjoyable.:M5thumbs:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Damn, thats nice.
This is the exhaust i want if i choose to get one.
Not sure if they will ship or they already sell the them here though.

·
Registered
241 Posts
When you say "soft in the low revs", exactly what rev range or you talking about?

Thanks.

P97, you going to love the RE exhaust once it breaks in. Give it a good week or two for the "Smell" to pass (depending on your driving habits). The RE exhaust is soft in the lower revs and kicks *** in the higher revs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Haslsrr7TTs. That was me on day one of the RE install.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Update...It's been about 500 miles since I've installed the exhaust. The note under 4K is deep, but after that, I would expect it to sound louder. Actually, I *want* it to sound louder.

I don't know if the new baffle hasn't burned in yet, but above 6-8K, it doesn't 'scream' like I was hopping for. Should I repace the x-pipes next? Or should I want till the baffles have 'blown out'?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That vid sounds sweet. How is it cruising around town? I'm looking for something that sounds like the RE below 5K or so, but screams at WOT.

BTW, which manufacturer did you go with or was it custom made?

·
Registered
458 Posts
That vid sounds sweet. How is it cruising around town? I'm looking for something that sounds like the RE below 5K or so, but screams at WOT.

BTW, which manufacturer did you go with or was it custom made?
Thanks; it's not bad at all. Anything below 4krpm is fine. WOT is absolutely rediculous! Eisen Sec 1+2. That coupled with the RE really gives you a note that no one else has. When you get close to a sound barrier and listen to the higher revs it literally sounds like the "Knight Rider" accel. I need to get a camera mount for my rear diffuser so I can convey the sound better. I have the Eisen section 3 sitting in my garage but am going to hold off because I love the RE note!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts