BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rear fog light switch installed. Now I just need some fog and rain. Hahahaha!

Reactions: anzafin

·
Registered
301 Posts
My buddy used to have these on his E90. When people would cut him off, he would pull in front of them and slam on his breaks and all while having his rear dogs turned on, lol.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Nice...funny how these are standard on Euro models and not in the US. They are great for safety in fog. Lets other people see you easier instead of ramming into the rear of your car. I never thought of using them for people tailing me. I just use the old brake check.

·
Registered
393 Posts
As an EU guy, I was a bit confused about this mod at first :D They're really useful in fog :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
Nice to see the rear fogs are on both taillights instead of how they are on some of the older cars like the Audis and Porsches and only on one side.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My buddy used to have these on his E90. When people would cut him off, he would pull in front of them and slam on his breaks and all while having his rear dogs turned on, lol.
I actually had my car coded, so when I stop hard on the brakes, the rear tails and the light off the roof flashes like an F1 car. It's pretty badass and definitely keeps drivers further back. lol

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice...funny how these are standard on Euro models and not in the US. They are great for safety in fog. Lets other people see you easier instead of ramming into the rear of your car. I never thought of using them for people tailing me. I just use the old brake check.
I'm using it purely for bad days when it's so nasty, you can barely see the car that's 20 feet in front of you. This should help other drivers behind me keep their distance. Outside of that, I wouldn't use it -- I actually don't think they look that great on. I just like having the option to use them in very bad weather.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Nice to see the rear fogs are on both taillights instead of how they are on some of the older cars like the Audis and Porsches and only on one side.
Yep. I saw it on Kerry's car and had to do it. He and I drove through a monsoon a few weeks ago down in Maryland and I could barely see 50 feet in front of me. Because of his rear fogs, I knew the line to follow and how far away he was. I couldn't even see the lanes on the road, it was coming down so much -- it was that bad.

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
Yep. I saw it on Kerry's car and had to do it. He and I drove through a monsoon a few weeks ago down in Maryland and I could barely see 50 feet in front of me. Because of his rear fogs, I knew the line to follow and how far away he was. I couldn't even see the lanes on the road, it was coming down so much -- it was that bad.
That begs the question of, what did Kerry use for a guide? hahaha

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How did you code that buddy ?
I had my entire car coded with 30+ new features. If you're on Bimmerpost, look for member Omegatlc. He can code your car for you.

Reactions: Raptor6702

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I actually had my car coded, so when I stop hard on the brakes, the rear tails and the light off the roof flashes like an F1 car. It's pretty badass and definitely keeps drivers further back. lol
This was coded on the M6 GP right? I don't think the E60 M5 is capable of flashing the brake lights under ABS braking intervention?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This was coded on the M6 GP right? I don't think the E60 M5 is capable of flashing the brake lights under ABS braking intervention?
M6 GC -- correct. My E60 M5 is coded too, but not the brake lights were not an option.

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
I wish we could code our headlights to flash alternately like cop cars. haha

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I wish we could code our headlights to flash alternately like cop cars. haha
I want the flashing brake lamps under heavy (ABS) brake intervention. :(

·
Registered
393 Posts
That begs the question of, what did Kerry use for a guide? hahaha
Night vision is very useful in fog, especially in the newer models (F10 etc.) with warnings for pedestrians etc.

I want the flashing brake lamps under heavy (ABS) brake intervention. :(
I believe the E60 has BFD (brake force display, or flashing tail lights), but it's just the 3rd tail light and the fog lights that are flashing. Should be doable for the M5 as well, but only LCI models I think. If I recall correctly it was an option in the light module (LM2 for LCI cars, pre-LCI have LM1 which can't be coded for BFD). I had it coded on my '06 550 (had LCI hads + tails + LM2 retrofitted) but honestly it's not something that I miss in the M5 :wroom:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts