BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys. Woke up on saturday, went to just to look at an X6M and ask if they would just straight up buy my 930 Turbo because i was trying to sell it. Came home with This! :biggrinbounce:

Its a 2007 (10/06) with 72k miles SMG.
Pretty loaded, sat nav, parking sensors, comfort entry, sat radio, blah blah still discovering things.
Alcantara headliner :)!!
Carbon fiber interior trim
Carbon fiber Roof

Im still learning this car, didnt even come with a manual :(
Im no stranger to BMW but i am new to the e60/63 M5/6

Gonna hook up my laptop and try to code out some things such as seatbelt warning, key in ignition warning, Convert to KM, WIndows up with key, and the Accept screen and whatever else i find.

Not perfect, i think the washer tank is leaking.

Couple question, it was a bit low on oil, i dint have 10-60 is it okay if i added about 2qts of 10-40?
they did an oil change but i dont think they filed it up all the way. Yes i kow about oil level sensor but mine seems to be reading correctly..

Ill probably do it at the end of the next week again just to be safe.

Also where can i get that clip on cupholder?
and you cant play music through Bluetooth riught?

forgot my other question, sorry.
:byee55amg

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh! When you park and turn the car off are you supposed to put it back into N or leave it in D??

also how can i find out if a recall was done, just read something about creaking diff? idk i may have taht sound not sure yet

·
Registered
273 Posts
Oh! When you park and turn the car off are you supposed to put it back into N or leave it in D??

also how can i find out if a recall was done, just read something about creaking diff? idk i may have taht sound not sure yet
I'll answer the one I do. I think you're supposed to leave it in Drive but I always do N just in case it doesn't start and I have to tow. Just in case...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Congrats on your new ride!
Here's a link to the manual download:

Owner's Manual Videos - BMW North America

I'd go through it.
There's a lot of little bells and whistles you'd never know about.

When you park, put it into drive.

Not an expert, but I would not mess with the oil- stick to what's recommended.
Someone else may chime in on this.

Good luck!!!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the V10 club.

I usually keep my in neutral as well like Boss for the same reason. Unless I am on a hill, I keep it in drive to be more comfortable.

As far as recalls go, I believe you can go to any BMW dealership and they can check any open recalls based on your VIN.

No music through bluetooth unfortunately.

Read the manual too learn about all the "extra" little features about the car and enjoy in good health.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. Also gonna go to the dealer to pick up a lug nut which im missing 1 lol.
Some oil
and ask about warranty.

Another question, how can i chsange the i drive language to russian??

in my mk4 unit in the X5 i had to burn a dvd and install it that way

·
Registered
718 Posts
Congrats on the new Beast! Enjoy it.

Reactions: IM6

·
Registered
550 Posts
Nice car. Congratulations!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Congrats, so did u trade the porsche in? What did you get for the porsche and what year model was it?
It was an 84 Grey market 930 with 55k miles Buuuuuuuuuuuut it had a broken headstud so needs an engine rebuild and reseal, some road rash on the front. no original fuchs and so on was asking 40. got offers from pelican in the low 30s sometimes a 25.

anyway i was offered a check for 30k or a choice between the sub 35k cars at the dealership. there were audis, CLS 63 AMGS e55s e63.. Maserati QP and 2 e92 M3s 2008. IDKkkk i went with the m6. also had a white manual e60 m5 comming they said but i dont like white . Im happy with my 6

·
Registered
10 Posts
Very nice. You have great taste in cars. I am currently on the fence between an M6 and an air cooled 911. It's weird because the cars are nothing alike, but those are the only things calling my name right now.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Congrats!

The leaking windshield washer tank is common, could be one of two things, the pump (seals fail) or the tank (sometimes a screw will rub and wear through). If you are handy and want to fix yourself you take off the front drivers side wheel and it can be accessed by removing the wheel liner, it is under the front bottom of the bumper. The pump is $70 or so. Not sure on the tank but most of the time it is the pump.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
BOuught 2 qts of 10 60 added it now im good! in manual just read adding others of the alternative types such as 10-40 10-50 is fine in between oil changes. So im good! :)

Im really loving the car!! Ive smiled so much in it these past few days.

Quater of tank gone today.

Also Absolutley ROASTED a 335i

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry, another question, sometimes when i change up gears, the gear # seems to flash? what does this mean? it doesnt always do it but usially going from 1-2 it does it. sometimes 2-3 3-4 and so on

1 - 16 of 16 Posts