BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I love these cars oh so much, I don't care how much it costs to do work to them.

I have a few questions before I buy one.

Is the carbon fiber air intake that much better than the other one offered on the Riemer(sp) website?
Is the eisenmann the nicest sounding or does it also perform better than the rest?
What is the lug pattern on these cars?
Things to look for when buying?
One last thing, what can be done for suspension mods?

Sorry for the annoyance but I don't want to screw up with anything on these cars because I respect them so much.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Happy for you that you can get an E39 M5 at a young age... Answers to all your questions are available by using the search feature... Take your time and good luck with the hunt...

Well I love these cars oh so much, I don't care how much it costs to do work to them.

I have a few questions before I buy one.

Is the carbon fiber air intake that much better than the other one offered on the Riemer(sp) website?
Is the eisenmann the nicest sounding or does it also perform better than the rest?
What is the lug pattern on these cars?
Things to look for when buying?
One last thing, what can be done for suspension mods?

Sorry for the annoyance but I don't want to screw up with anything on these cars because I respect them so much.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
+1 there is plenty of info on the e39s just use the search feature. best of luck with your e39m5 future purchase and modding the board is a valeable asset to these cars
Happy for you that you can get an E39 M5 at a young age... Answers to all your questions are available by using the search feature... Take your time and good luck with the hunt...

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Read the FAQ sticky on the main E39M5 page.

Keep in mind that exhaust and intake/air filter mods add ALMOST NOTHING to performance. To get real performance mods you need to spend significant money ($8-10k) for intake, chip, HEADERS, exhaust. All the 'Cold air intakes' no matter what mfg, don't add much power- 1% maybe at best. Some lower power. They do LOOK cool.

GL

A

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Read the FAQ sticky on the main E39M5 page.

Keep in mind that exhaust and intake/air filter mods add ALMOST NOTHING to performance. To get real performance mods you need to spend significant money ($8-10k) for intake, chip, HEADERS, exhaust. All the 'Cold air intakes' no matter what mfg, don't add much power- 1% maybe at best. Some lower power. They do LOOK cool.

GL

A
I am going to be bringing the car to shows, most of the people at shows that I go to usually have people do the work for them and don't do it themselves, I have been working on cars for a long long time so I plan to do the work myself. My point being that the judges basically look at what they can see and hear, hence those modifications first, then I will start digging deeper.

Plus a mid 13 second car is more than enough for me right now, I want to be responsible with the car, the more power I have in the beginning the less I will respect the car, I want to work slowly.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Wirelessly posted (XV6700: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 6.8))

Buying a used E39 M5 is like getting a new girlfriend who likes to be spoiled. Be sure you have 'plenty' to spend on her and you have lots o' patience. Some are in better condition then others so if you can make sur you check the maintenance records, if you need to bribe a SA to print you a report, something I wish I would have done. Funny since I'm on my second and knew better.

Good luck and congrats.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Wirelessly posted (XV6700: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 6.8))

Buying a used E39 M5 is like getting a new girlfriend who likes to be spoiled. Be sure you have 'plenty' to spend on her and you have lots o' patience. Some are in better condition then others so if you can make sur you check the maintenance records, if you need to bribe a SA to print you a report, something I wish I would have done. Funny since I'm on my second and knew better.

Good luck and congrats.
Hahah :p. Truth. And my God she performs :eek:.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts