BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

My "new" car

3K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  ycchan 
#1 · (Edited)
Haven't posted in a while, but just want to provide an update that I have bought a "new" fun car earlier this year, an '02 Clio V6 MK I. RWD with a 3.0 V6 in the rear (where the rear bench seats on a hot hatch would go). Manufactured by Renault, engineered by TWR, and handbuilt in Sweden, there are only 1630 units of the MK I version in the world and mine's No. 1188.

/karman

See less See more
#4 ·
M, I have only read that the MKII is better in terms of handling dynamics with the revised suspension geometry and even wider track, but I have yet to explore the full potential of this car in the tight twisties of Hong Kong to find out where the MKI is lacking. May go on a track day later this year to find out. In terms of aesthetics, I much prefer the exterior styling of the MKI.

absent, I absolutely loved the R5 Turbo back in the day, so owning this car is somewhat of a dream fulfillment for me.

One more...

/k

#8 ·
ycchan said:
ah. TWR. thought it was a typo :hihi: never heard of TWR though :confused:
TWR means Tom Walkinshaw Racing.

He was the owner of a Formula 1 team in the mid nineties. The team was called Arrows and Damon Hill raced for them on the year after he won his championship!

#11 ·
KRM said:
Haven't posted in a while, but just want to provide an update that I have bought a "new" fun car earlier this year, an '02 Clio V6 MK I. RWD with a 3.0 V6 in the rear (where the rear bench seats on a hot hatch would go). Manufactured by Renault, engineered by TWR, and handbuilt in Sweden, there are only 1630 units of the MK I version in the world and mine's No. 1188.

/karman
More pics :noSMG:

#13 · (Edited)
To answer your question, photos are taken in Hong Kong.

For dry road grip, this car is very difficult to break traction unless the driver demands the impossible. In the wet, I usually take great care on the twisties as fun roads here are relatively narrow with oncoming traffic.

Besides the driving experience, I think part of the pleasure of owning this car is that it looks aesthetically pleasing from many angles, so it has been a joy photographing it.

Now I have to wait close to 2 months to drive her once again since some taxi driver rear-ended me last week and now it's at the shop for cosmetic repairs :(

#19 ·
Karman,

I have heard abt a crazy Clip man roaming around HKG while I was visiting the past few weeks. I could only assume it was you;). Great pictures as usual, especially of the HSBC building. A true photographer at your core. Sorry I did not get a chance to catch up with you while there, but I will be back and give you a call. Sorry to hear abt the accident:(.

#21 ·
NICE! Dang! I would have wanted to seee that!!! Shoot!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.