BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi guys,

cruising back from london to oxford yesterday with my mum on board, came up behind a new M3 saloon in silver on a (usually) very fast stretch of motorway. it was however thick with friday afternoon traffic so there was never really going to be a chance to 'have a go'. nonetheless i stuck sport on just in case. my exit was coming up and to my surprise he cut across 3 lanes quite quickly to take the same exit (he was clearly 'on it'). now my dilemna was growing because this was 'my exit' to back country roads i know inside out. if ever there was a chance to have a go at the new M3 on difficult roads, this was it. however, with mum onboard i really couldnt bring myself to put her through the sheer terror of a full on M3/M5 battle. as we came out of the junction that brings us on to a nice straight, we both jumped on it, 1st, 2nd, and about 2 or 3 sec. worth of 3rd gear. 1st - 2nd he gained on me a touch, 2nd - 3rd pulled him back in nicely and was gaining until yet more traffic brought an end to play time.

mum turns to me shaking her head and says "naah, looks like a little toy spaceship ..." :applause:

ps.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
hi guys,

cruising back from london to oxford yesterday with my mum on board, came up behind a new M3 saloon in silver on a (usually) very fast stretch of motorway. it was however thick with friday afternoon traffic so there was never really going to be a chance to 'have a go'. nonetheless i stuck sport on just in case. my exit was coming up and to my surprise he cut across 3 lanes quite quickly to take the same exit (he was clearly 'on it'). now my dilemna was growing because this was 'my exit' to back country roads i know inside out. if ever there was a chance to have a go at the new M3 on difficult roads, this was it. however, with mum onboard i really couldnt bring myself to put her through the sheer terror of a full on M3/M5 battle. as we came out of the junction that brings us on to a nice straight, we both jumped on it, 1st, 2nd, and about 2 or 3 sec. worth of 3rd gear. 1st - 2nd he gained on me a touch, 2nd - 3rd pulled him back in nicely and was gaining until yet more traffic brought an end to play time.

mum turns to me shaking her head and says "naah, looks like a little toy spaceship ..." :applause:

ps.
Nice story. Looks like you have recovered nicely from your terrible accident..:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Yeah my mum does the same except her expression always seems to be bubble car.

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
Its strange how the female brain works.

When it was just released, I walked past a new 6-series in Sepang Bronze. I asked my date what she thought of it, and she said it to be 'too flashy' and a 'poseurs car , she preferred my 'more classical' BMW ( which is an E34 M5 in a rather dull grey color to the beholder :hihi:

·
Registered
836 Posts
Is she hot?

Heheh. Funny story.
Those were actually my exact words as well at first glance of the new M5 and M3. Well, big toy spaceship for the new M5.

Happy Mama's Day to all the mamas.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts