BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

A few months ago my M6 had its photoshoot for a Performance BMW magazine feature, which will be in next months issue, so il post the pro pics from the shoot once the magazine hits the stores.

I had been toying with the idea of selling the car and getting something else but after many testdrives i really couldnt decide what to get, so decided to keep the M6 until the end of the summer at least. with that in mind i decided to give the car a new look, something ive wanted to do for a while but didnt think i ever would.

the week after the photoshoot the car went away to be wrapped matte black. i looked at plently of finishes including frozen grey but ultimatly ecided that matte black would give the greatest change! I know there are a number of matte black M6's on this board (including the amazing one currently having the G-Power conversion:eek:h:) and some may say its a bit played out, and whilst it may be in magazines and internet forums, out on the street in the UK at least its a pretty rare sight to see something like this, and being a wrap i can remove it at anytime:D

ive also added matte black kidney grills, black BMW badges and M6 badge to match.

I broke my Modular Concept 3 piece wheels down and had them refinished in gloss black to match. They came back from powedercoating recently and i managed to build them up with new hardware last weekend. i went for bigger tyres this time around after advice from this board (325's on the rear and 285's on the front) which suit the car much better.

i went with gloss wheels instead of matte to match all the gloss carbon fibre, leaving only the body in Matte.

ive attached a few pics of the car in it current 'batmobile' status, and i know it wont be to everyones taste but as a tempoary new look just in time for car show season im really pleased with how it turned out. The cars been wrapped for quite a while now, but the wheels literally went on a few days ago and in the pictures the suspension has yet to settle.

sorry about the useless blackberry photos, and the car is pretty dirty but its being shot for another UK based magazine in the next few weeks for a new feature so pro phots will follow after that

on to the pics, and one of it as it was (an how it could be again if i simply pull the wrap off!!)

thanks,

Attachments

·
Registered
236 Posts
Lookin' sweet! Pretty amazing "temporary" aesthetic mods, haha... I think you should keep her!!!

Thanks for sharing, and good luck with the magazine features!

·
Registered
550 Posts
Looks absolute beauty, love the wheels mate, where abouts in UK are you?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I see your car at santa pod this year at the bmw meet and it looked good then but wasnt too keen on the wheels but now the wheels look quality especially in gloss black against the matte black wrap. :thumbsup:

Where did you get the wrap done?

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
The car looks amazing! Great job and thanks for sharing. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
An amazing combination of style and taste. Superb! Window tints would be a nice finishing touch IAUO.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the positive comments from everyone, i wasnt sure if the new look would get a great response as its a love it or hate it thing, but thanks again!

IM6 - im based in Herts

M6beast - the wrap was done at Totally Dynamic in Enfield. i looked at plenty of wrapping companies work, which ranged from very poor to very good, but these guys work stood out above the rest, and they were recommended by so many people include some car manufactures, so it was a no brainer. the quality is fantastic.

V10FOO - the wheels are 20x9 and 20 x 11, not sure of the offsets but will try and have a look

David Ajax III - a subtle tint is certainly next on the list to finish it off

Mark Carson - I think you're right, the M6 may have a place in my garage for some time yet !:1:

thanks again everyone,

Reactions: MKSixer

·
Registered
19 Posts
Great looking ride. How did you fit the 325 on the rear? Any issues? Do you know the back space of the wheels? I really would like to run a 325 in the rear. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Nice Color , Inspiring Actually .

·
8,369 Posts
Absolutely sharp looking beast! Thanks for sharing photos.

To the moderators, somehow I am not getting any instant eMail notification of threads that I subscribe to and I didnt change any of my original settings (instant eMail notification on threads I reply to.) Anybody else have the same issue?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts