BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are a few pics and videos of a certain M6 with Manhart Racing CF Race Air Box, ECU Tune and SMG Tune.

Below are the videos. The sound is from the engine and not the exhaust. I placed the microphone below the front screen wipers.

Enjoy

I am not sure if you can tell from the videos or not, but the SMG software is really great. I would say the SMG shifts about 20% to 30% faster. You really feel the difference.

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wowser! Thats amazing and just beautiful. I've got to find a reason to get to Dubai to see this in person. Very nice indeed!
You are always welcome Allan :goldcup:

looks really good! how is it feel after install other than sound?
In terms of power, it does not make any difference. At least none that I could feel. :)

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Hasan, very nice!
Another great mod!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
that is craziness right there:cheers:

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
So beyond the amazing sound the plenums make what is the point? Im not trying to be rude just trying to understand. You stated there was no real increase in power so were you just doing it for cosmetic and sound? If so thats great.

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You are absolutely correct my friend.

They don't add anything except for the sound and looks. Just like an exhaust.

So beyond the amazing sound the plenums make what is the point? Im not trying to be rude just trying to understand. You stated there was no real increase in power so were you just doing it for cosmetic and sound? If so thats great.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Hasan that looks and sounds absolutely beautiful!!!

Where can I purchase the Manhart Racing airbox?

Did you get the SMG tune from your dealer?

·
Registered
655 Posts
In case anyone couldn't understand what Hasan's beast was saying in the video, allow me to translate. At around 1:23 it was screaming, "everyone get the hell out of my way"!

That sounds excellent. A huge improvement over stock. Congratulations.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Hassan the engine bay lookS so clean and slick. I can't open the video on my iPhone so havent checked the sound yet. You mentioned the ecu tune. So how does it compare to evolve tune? And difference in power delivery other than smg?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
You are absolutely correct my friend.

They don't add anything except for the sound and looks. Just like an exhaust.
And look good it does.
Very nice.

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dang, that looks really nice and sounds really nice!

I love it Hasan! Wish I can see it in person.

Take care over there.
Thanks Sir Dan!

You are most welcome to visit us, always. Thanks :cheers:

Hasan that looks and sounds absolutely beautiful!!!

Where can I purchase the Manhart Racing airbox?

Did you get the SMG tune from your dealer?
Thank you Sir!

You can contact Simon at [email protected] for the air box. I got the SMG and ECU tune from Manhart Racing.

In case anyone couldn't understand what Hasan's beast was saying in the video, allow me to translate. At around 1:23 it was screaming, "everyone get the hell out of my way"!

That sounds excellent. A huge improvement over stock. Congratulations.
Thank you Sir! Oceans of gratitude for your kind words.

Sounds amazing!
Thank you Sir!

Hassan the engine bay lookS so clean and slick. I can't open the video on my iPhone so havent checked the sound yet. You mentioned the ecu tune. So how does it compare to evolve tune? And difference in power delivery other than smg?
Thanks
Thank you Sir Irfan!

Like I always say, the difference between the tunes from reputed tuners is negligible. Its not more than 2 or 3 hp. So you cannot feel it while driving. Also, the 2 or 3 hp difference is not there throughout the rev range. At most of the RPMs the difference is less than 1 hp.

However, the Manhart SMG tune is awesome and well worth having. The difference is similar to what you feel when you get the ECU tuned for the first time. It just feels so much better and leaves you wondering why BMW didn't program it like that.

And look good it does.
Very nice.
Thank you Sir!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts