BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

121 - 127 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hello Richard,

Firstly congarts on the new car, I too am looking at a brand new M6 GC after selling my e63 M6 a few yrs for a 640d GC. I wonder if you can share you views on the following questions that my dealer cant answer

- Full leather interior - (not the £5k option that now been reduced to a more sensible £2.7K) can you advise if the leather on the dash, centre console and door cards is of the grainy type as it appears to be on the earlier cars, my GC has smoother type of finish.
- Does your leather have the white double contrast stitching (Contrast stitching this is an option on the none m cars) or is it a single stitch.
- Last question, perhaps vulgar i know, but i have to ask, my e63 gave me about 9mpg around town and 18 on a run, hows the new one on fuel

Many thanks

Rav

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Well, this is M5Londons thread, but I'll answer your questions as they seem to be addressed to me!

- Full leather is standard on the M6 GC now, it's only the individual leather that's extra.

- My car has the full black leather, the stitching is contrasting in white and the door cards are quite a smooth finish.

DSC_4650a.jpg

MPG

It will do this

IMG_0688.JPG

Or this

IMG_0189a.jpg

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Yes, mine had full leather as an option.

Pre facelift cars did not have full leather as standard, and as it was £5k not many have it.

Facelift cars have full leather as standard.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yes, mine had full leather as an option.

Pre facelift cars did not have full leather as standard, and as it was £5k not many have it.

Facelift cars have full leather as standard.
Thanks, i am leaning towards a new one, given the 0% and heavy discounts on offer.

25% off of list seems to be the norm !!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I feel ya! I'd have "called in sick". :devil

The exhaust has butterfly valves that open under certain conditions and there's no coding to force them open all the time. So I went old-school and used fencing-wire... et voila; much louder now.

There's also an aftermarket product that you buy to control the values.

PS: I'm not sure if the valves are part of the Comp Pkg exhaust only or if you spec'd the Comp Pkg but the thought just struck me so I typed it...

Had the M Performance (Akra) exhaust retrofitted to my M6 GC and the extra sound is worth the investment. :)

121 - 127 of 127 Posts