BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All !

My first ever brand new car, although I was very high up on the UK waiting list after putting a deposit down an F10 M5 way back in 2010, but in the end did not have the courage to go through with it.

Anyway this time around it was not a well thought out or planned purchase, more like woke up a couple of weeks ago and said I want a new car. I was actually trying to order an F10 M5 but then thought, hey what about the M6 Gran Coupe and here is the result :

Model M6 - EUR
Development Code F06 (M6)
Chassis COUPE
Steering RL
Doors 4
Engine S63T
Displacement 4.40
Power 412
Drivetrain HECK
Transmission MECH
Colour Imperial Blue Brilliant Effect Metallic - A89
Upholstery Full Leather Merino/Silverstone Ii - X3A9
Production Plant DINGOLFING
Production Date 2015-11-12

Options :

1CA Selection Cop Relevant Vehicles
2PA Locking Wheel Bolts
2VB Tyre Pressure Indicator
3AG Backup Camera
322 Comfort Access System
323 Soft Close Automatic System For Doors
356 Climate Comfort Laminated Glass
358 Climate Comfort Windscreen
4MA M Multif. Seats F. Driver A. Pass.
415 Sunblind For Rear Window
428 Warning Triangle
441 Smokers Package
5AC Autom. High-beam Headlights Control
5DL Surround View
552 Adaptive Led Headlight
6AC Intelligent Emergency Call Intelligenter
6AE Teleservices
6AK Connecteddrive Services
6AM Real Time Traffic Information
6AN Concierge Services
6AP Remote Services
6AR Internet
6FV Online Entertainment
6NS Convenience Telephony With Extended
6UK Night Vision With Object Recognition
601 Tv Function
609 Navigation System Professional
610 Head Up Display
654 Dab Tuner
688 Harman/kardon Surround Sound System
698 Area-code 2
7S9 Connecteddrive Services Paket
8KA Oelservice Int. 30.000 Km/24 Months
8SM Vin, Visible From Outside
8S2 Coding Of Alarm Signal
8S3 Automatic Lock When Driving Away
8TF Active Protection For Pedestrians
8TG Anti-theft System
812 England Version England
850 Add Fuel Tank Filling For Export
877 Deletion Cross-over Operation
880 English / On-board Documentation

Standard Equipment :

1CC Automatic Start/stop Function
1CD Brake Energy Regeneration
2MK M Dct With Drivelogic
2PS 20"m Lt/aly Wheels Double Sp. 433M
223 Dynamic Damper Control
302 Alarm System
4MC Interior Trim Finishers Carbon Fibre
4UR Ambient Light
423 Floor Mats, Velour
430 Int/ext Rr Vw Mirror W Aut Anti-dazzle
488 Lumbar Support Driver/front Passenger
494 Seat Heating F Driver/front Passenger
508 Park Distance Control (pdc)
760 Individual High-gloss Satin Chrome
853 Language Version English

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congratulations!! That's one heck of a first brand new car... you're gonna love it.
Many Thanks mate !

I hope it will be....I have never sat in an M6 GC, let alone driven one :nerd

Feel free to share your ownership impressions ;)

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
You didn't even sit in one before you ordered it!?

At least I had before I ordered mine, for about 2 minutes at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in 2013. Compared to the M5 (E39 or F10) you'll find the seating position is very low.

You're welcome to come and sit in mine if you're free on a Monday evening when I'm down South.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You didn't even sit in one before you ordered it!?

At least I had before I ordered mine, for about 2 minutes at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in 2013. Compared to the M5 (E39 or F10) you'll find the seating position is very low.

You're welcome to come and sit in mine if you're free on a Monday evening when I'm down South.
But I read your review and you said it was good !! So I went with it. :angel

After ordering and putting a deposit down over the phone the dealer invited me in to let me sit in a 640d GC and also drive an F10 M5. The whole purchase process was a real hurry as I wanted one ASAP and also feel I have got a pretty goo deal too.

My only regret is I didn't get the Competition Pack as I feared it might be too low with it. I had huge pressure from my girlfriend as we bought a Mercedes E Class Coupe to use whilst my M5 is having an engine overhaul, and she keep going on an on about how low it is and getting in and out is a nightmare. After sitting in the 640d GC though she sort of loved it and I reckon I could have got away with the comp pack...

Tonight Monday ? Its going to be pretty tough to get down there today mate.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
I hate to tell you, but the M6 GC Competition Pack is no lower than the standard M6 GC, it's only the M5 that's lower! However the M6 will be a little lower than the 640d and the seat bolsters are bigger, but hopefully you'll be OK! My 81 year old father in law had no trouble getting in and out (he managed the M1 too which was quite a surprise given that the top of the seat base is 9 inches off the ground), but my 78 year old aunt made a bit of a meal of it!

I'm not down this Monday, but am on the 23rd.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hate to tell you, but the M6 GC Competition Pack is no lower than the standard M6 GC, it's only the M5 that's lower! However the M6 will be a little lower than the 640d and the seat bolsters are bigger, but hopefully you'll be OK! My 81 year old father in law had no trouble getting in and out (he managed the M1 too which was quite a surprise given that the top of the seat base is 9 inches off the ground), but my 78 year old aunt made a bit of a meal of it!

I'm not down this Monday, but am on the 23rd.

Aaarghhh !!!! :eek :crying

Yeah I think we will be ok I reckon.

Lets keep in touch about the 23rd....but I reckon I'll be dead after the weekend (my birthday)....plus too much stuff still to organise for my trip away at the end of November.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I hope that you update this thread with pictures as soon as you receive the M6 GC!

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hope that you update this thread with pictures as soon as you receive the M6 GC!
For sure Tiago !

Then again also once you detail her for me :wink

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its at sea :

1100 Scheduled
1200 Scheduled for Production
5000 Confirmed for Production
5050 Chassis Number Allocated - 31st October
5055 Confirmed by Production Control - 2nd November

5100 Bodyshop Start
5190 Bodyshop Complete - 10th November
5200 Paintshop Start
5270 Paintshop Complete
5300 Pre-Assembly Start
5400 Assembly Start
5500 Assembly Complete - 12th November

6000 Transfer to Distribution - 16th November
8200 Released to Carrier
9000 Departed Plant
9615/35/45 In Storage
9605 At Pre EU Port - 18th November
9610 At Port of Exit - 20th November
9620 At Sea - 25th November
9800 Arrived Dealer

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Better than 'All at sea'! :)

With a bit of luck it will arrive at the dealers at the end of this week or the start of next and you'll get it before the end of next week.

Hope you had a good birthday!

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Better than 'All at sea'! :)

With a bit of luck it will arrive at the dealers at the end of this week or the start of next and you'll get it before the end of next week.

Hope you had a good birthday!
Haha yes indeed !

Although I have heard of some cars have fallen off the ships...

Dealers and BMW themselves are saying it will be at the dealership on the 7th December, which is not ideal for me. I would like it on or before the 4th December, as flying out on the 5th and not back on the 23rd and much prefer if its at home than outdoors at the dealer....

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Mine arrived at the dealers much more quickly than they were expecting after it arrived in the UK. They were expecting a good week or so, it arrived the next day! They said that it could be because they gave the higher value cars priority, the quicker they got rid of them the less likely they were to be damaged.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mine arrived at the dealers much more quickly than they were expecting after it arrived in the UK. They were expecting a good week or so, it arrived the next day! They said that it could be because they gave the higher value cars priority, the quicker they got rid of them the less likely they were to be damaged.
Wow that's great to hear Richard and sort of makes sense !

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This is why I take mine off the lot--I'd be near death from nervous impatience at this point... you're a saint.

Haha ! I wish I was a saint !

So when you say you take the car off the lot, what do you mean actually ?

·
Registered
756 Posts
Haha ! I wish I was a saint !

So when you say you take the car off the lot, what do you mean actually ?
In the States, they have soooo many ready-to-go M6s on the dealer's lot (kept inside mostly) and in just about every imaginable permutation of color and options (excluding BMW personal). I look around the surrounding States until I find one that matches what I would've built myself. Then I negotiate the price over the phone, fly in and drive it back.

I've driven 2 x F10 M5s back from California and I take a road called the Pacific Cost Highway--not the fastest way back to Seattle by any means but the most enjoyable with gorgeous scenery and twisties... it's my equivalent of European pickup/delivery. That's about a 1,200 mile drive.

I even picked one up from Houston in Texas (only once), that was fun but took over three days @2,400 miles--it was fun for two of those days, not so much on the last two.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
In the States, they have soooo many ready-to-go M6s on the dealer's lot (kept inside mostly) and in just about every imaginable permutation of color and options (excluding BMW personal). I look around the surrounding States until I find one that matches what I would've built myself. Then I negotiate the price over the phone, fly in and drive it back.

I've driven 2 x F10 M5s back from California and I take a road called the Pacific Cost Highway--not the fastest way back to Seattle by any means but the most enjoyable with gorgeous scenery and twisties... it's my equivalent of European pickup/delivery. That's about a 1,200 mile drive.

I even picked one up from Houston in Texas (only once), that was fun but took over three days @2,400 miles--it was fun for two of those days, not so much on the last two.
Oh I see ! Well that is one advantage of being in the USA. No way we are able to have such a selection over here and I did try to find whatever was available and ready to go.

Also we are not even allowed the European Delivery option any more !!

So essentially on your extensive drive backs you were running the car in I presume ? Reason is, when I get back from my trip abroad I want to drive my car into France and then Spain and back and have calculated a total distance of circa 3000 miles. My plan is to get the running in service done in Barcelona, Spain.

I am a bit concerned of the run in technique as the vast majority of my drive will be on motorways (highways) and I will need to be altering speed and rev range throughout the running in period.

How did you do it ?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Voila :

1100 Scheduled
1200 Scheduled for Production
5000 Confirmed for Production
5050 Chassis Number Allocated - 31st October
5055 Confirmed by Production Control - 2nd November

5100 Bodyshop Start
5190 Bodyshop Complete - 10th November
5200 Paintshop Start
5270 Paintshop Complete
5300 Pre-Assembly Start
5400 Assembly Start
5500 Assembly Complete - 12th November

6000 Transfer to Distribution - 16th November
8200 Released to Carrier
9000 Departed Plant
9615/35/45 In Storage
9605 At Pre EU Port - 18th November
9610 At Port of Exit - 20th November
9620 At Sea - 25th November
9630 At Port of Entry - 26th November
9800 Arrived Dealer

Also the expected date of arrival at dealer has been moving around from Week 49 (30th November to 6th December) to 8th December to 7th December and now to 4th of December and I fly out of UK on the 5th..... hopefully it sticks to the 4th or moves closer !

1 - 20 of 127 Posts