BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts
Awesome car! Do you ever make it down by Kaiserslautern/Ramstein way? Definitely would like to get a sneak peak of your M6. If you do, PM me! Thanks Warren

Discussion starter · #22 ·
Some (new) info that I learnd from the manual:

- According to the manual each gear has a given speed range. If you fall short of the particular speed range SMG shifts down automatically (in all drive modes). Apparently you can't stay in 6th gear (for a long time) while driving 50 km/h, for example.

- After each use LC is deactivated for a defined distance (not time, as I thought) that must be covered before it is active again.

Very interesting observations. I cannot beleive I missed that on my M5 E60 review.

Autobahnraser said:
Some (new) info that I learnd from the manual:

- According to the manual each gear has a given speed range. If you fall short of the particular speed range SMG shifts down automatically (in all drive modes). Apparently you can't stay in 6th gear (for a long time) while driving 50 km/h, for example.

- After each use LC is deactivated for a defined distance (not time, as I thought) that must be covered before it is active again.

Beautiful, stunning lovelove and congratulations. God, I bet your heart rate went sky high when u first set eyes on it. You’ve convinced me my external color will be the Silverstone II, but I’ll probably opt for whatever redish color interior they have but hoping it is Chateau. That way I can slip the emmy in place of my 6er without the wife suspecting a thing. I believe VR is actually over 200 commands and between programmable buttons and VR the whole iDrive experience is great. I just wish it were faster in response. At least equal to the speed of those iDrive systems without full mapping navigation. But even if iDrive is not that fast - the car is:wroom:

Crabbit said:
Re.VR

it disnae wurk in Scottish!
Translation for our American and European friends: It doesn't appear to work with the Scottish vernacular!

Crabbit if I may be so bold as to make a suggestion?

Perhaps if you were to learn to speak the Queen's English then the voice control system might cope better? :haha:

21 - 40 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.