BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

My M6 arrived ...

8K views 46 replies 25 participants last post by  Ronan 
#1 ·
My M6 arrived at my dealer today! lovelove

I took some pictures and snatched the manual. Delivery will take place next Monday afternoon. Sorry for the badly done pics but light conditions were really bad. I have never seen a car that is less photogenic. The pictures mirror the beauty of the M6 not in the least.

While skimming over the manual I found out that the frequently mentioned vicious criticism that the menu control (iDrive) is hard to operate and distractive while driving the M6 is BS since almost all functions (TV channels, radio stations, CD tracks ...) can be selected by means of voice control; there are more than 100 voice commands available!

Attachments

See less See more
Discussion starter · #10 ·
Ronan said:
One question I forgot to ask....what tires are fitted? Contis or P-zeros??...(part of the continuing BMW mystery on M6 tires:).....
My M6 is fitted with the Continental Sport Contact 2 tires, but my dealer pomised to exchange them for the Pirelli P Zero Corsas!

Discussion starter · #19 ·
M6 Forever said:
:thumbsup: Best wishes to you and your new M6, Autobahnraser. Looks beautiful.

Will your dealer exhange to the Pirelli's when you take delivery?
My salesman is on vacation until Monday. I just hope he caused somebody to provide the Pirelli's until then, as promised.

Discussion starter · #20 · (Edited)
Demon M6 said:
Very nice choice Autobahnraser, inside and out
but seems like you didn't order that extra leather inside
judging from the dashboard.

Wish you smooth and fast ride in your new Demon M6 :thumbsup:
On the pics it looks like extended leather, because you can't spot any seams on the upper dash. But trust me, it is full leather! I'll provide better photos when I take delivery.

Discussion starter · #22 ·
Some (new) info that I learnd from the manual:

- According to the manual each gear has a given speed range. If you fall short of the particular speed range SMG shifts down automatically (in all drive modes). Apparently you can't stay in 6th gear (for a long time) while driving 50 km/h, for example.

- After each use LC is deactivated for a defined distance (not time, as I thought) that must be covered before it is active again.

Discussion starter · #39 ·
Nimbus said:
Do I spot rust on the brakedisc's ?
Not only my M6 is affected! The M6 showroom cars, I took pictures of, at the German M6 presentation day on April, 9th 2005 also had rusty brake discs. Maybe my dealer knows the reason for this affliction. hmmm

Discussion starter · #44 · (Edited)
Only M6s without the navigation system are MP3s capable! We have to wait for the software update. The 'DVD-Player' can only be used for navigation! Inside the entertainment menu there is a DVD entry but it is written in light grey letters (not in white as the rest) and you can't select it. We have to wait for the software update as well, I suppose.

I am so in love with my M6. That car exceeds all my expectations so far, but the Piano Black trim is very hard to keep clean. When I first saw the 645Ci on the IAA 2003 I really hated the styling of the 6 series, and now I adore it. Tomorrow I'll do a 550 km trip to most southern Bavaria near the Austrian Border visiting my parents which took delivery of their Individual 530Xi last week. I will write down a report of my first driving experiences then.

Below you can see the M6 of the guy second on my dealer's list that has got a Silverstone full leather interior with Madeira wood trim. Looks lovely!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.