BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Not impressive with a 150shot of nitrous!! Now make me think twice about putting the Nos on my car not really worth it if I cant beat or stay with a tuned ZO6...

·
Registered
118 Posts
what does your car dyno with the 100 shot? Ive raced a modded 997 turbo 5.0-15.0 and beat him by just over a car. The turbo should be as fast as a z06 with exhaust. It put 540tq to the wheels, I cant remember his rwhp. I will have videos of it when he gets back into the country.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Who did your NOS install?

M5Ranger's car with ASR 150 shot pulled a car on a highly modded Z06, but he is heavily modded in the bolt-on department as well (headers, ECU, Exhaust, etc...).

·
Registered
663 Posts
Something must not be right with that car. Our 100 shot NOS kit runs 11.5 @ 127mph on basically a stock M5 with 20" wheels. Only other mods are ecu and x-pipe. Not a good example of what the M5 or M6 is capable of with NOS.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Doesn't Sound Right At All.. Had some fun with a Z06 with VERY low bottle pressure (Like probably only shooting 50 or so) and was still walking it... Not saying you will kill the Z06, but should not lose esp. by 3 cars! What kit do you have?? ASR Stage 3??
Evan

Reactions: SBM6

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
What is up with that!!! This does not make sense.
My M5 ran a modded C6 Z06 , running from a rolling start. We went from 60 mph and ran to 180 mph. The M5 was spraying 150 shot on this run:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipvCKxmXY60

Cheers, M5Ranger

·
Registered
759 Posts
i bet the vette was spraying too.

Reactions: Black M5

·
Registered
214 Posts
This is what happens when you get your friend and yourself, a nitrous kit, couple six packs and a M5 over a weekend...

I bet that if ASR had installed it... It wouldve been a complete different ending to this tragedy...my 2 pennies...

Reactions: SBM6

·
Registered
637 Posts
This is what happens when you get your friend and yourself, a nitrous kit, couple six packs and a M5 over a weekend...

I bet that if ASR had installed it... It wouldve been a complete different ending to this tragedy...my 2 pennies...

+1 Probably installed incorrectly. ASR Engineering is the only company I have seen that knows how to safely and properly equip an S85 motor with nitrous.

·
Registered
214 Posts
+1 Probably installed incorrectly. ASR Engineering is the only company I have seen that knows how to safely and properly equip an S85 motor with nitrous.

I think that ASR's tune took some time to get setup correctly and thats priceless...

Either that M5 was running on a 50 shot (or none at all) or with nitrous haulin' 5 or 6 dead bodies in the trunk...

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
As someone mentioned, a varriable maybe that the Z06 was also spraying.
I still would only trust and have confidence in the ASR set up. As some of us know, you have to know Abid to understand what we are saying. I trust him completely with my car.

M5Ranger

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
CO6..........................???? Nite racing, NOT IMPRESSED...........

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
UFH what are you inferring? Are you saying this run was bullsh*t?

So spell it out what are you implying? Are you stating that I'm FOS with this run?

As documented by dragtimes for an E60 M5, an 11.65 sec and 126 mph trap speed 1/4 mile are second fastest in the country.

Maybe you think this is bullsh*t.
Talk to me man and tell me where you are coming from?

Now that I think of it, really man "F" it. I do not want to here anything you have to say. You are abrasive (so am I) and insulting.
Lets just leave it as is for the sake of the forum and the membership.

M5Ranger

·
Registered
663 Posts
CO6..........................???? Nite racing, NOT IMPRESSED...........
Just to let you know, I was there with M5 Ranger's car that night he raced the Z06. Not to mention, the owner of the Z06 is a friend of mine. That Z06 runs consistant high 10's in the 1/4, but Juan's car had just enough top end power to pull away from him after 160mph. Maybe you haven't seen the run off the bottle http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn3cmBj6E8U. I'm sorry, but no C6 corvette with bolt on's is going to walk away from an M5 with 480whp by more than 10 cars. Keep in mind that when I ran Juan's car at the track on motor it ran 12.017 @ 123 mph (Highest MPH on any all motor E60 M5 or E63 M6). If you do the math you can see that it is very plausable that the Z06 would be over 10 cars ahead if he runs high 10's.

·
Registered
6,963 Posts
Remember... UFH has made it well known that M5's are NOT for drag racing...:hihihi:

D

·
Registered
663 Posts
I agree with UFH that M5's are not made for drag racing. This is why the M5 with enough hp really shines on highway top end runs. You have to do admit though that it's a great feet for a car that's over a 1000lbs heavier than a Z06 to still be able to keep up even in the 1/4 with the right mods.

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
740 Horsepower and 500 pounds or torque

what does your car dyno with the 100 shot? Ive raced a modded 997 turbo 5.0-15.0 and beat him by just over a car. The turbo should be as fast as a z06 with exhaust. It put 540tq to the wheels, I cant remember his rwhp. I will have videos of it when he gets back into the country.
Sorry Guys I was in Europe dont usually check email when Iam on vacation

1 - 20 of 35 Posts