BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately some sum bag tried to steal my M5. Its not so wonderful anymore.

Here's the damage:

- Completey buthcered drivers door
- Door lock and mechnism destroyed
- Steering column damaged and plastic couling
- Ingnition barrel destroyed
- They opened bonnet and butchered the Alarm
- Broke the electics in the seat somehow
- Serioulsy damaged wiring near steering

Lets see if the insurance pays out, its going to cost me £450 excess, money that I didnt need to spend.

I'm serioulsy annoyed.

The only thing that saved my car was the "disklok" steering wheel lock.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
what a bunch of '****-heads', your damage-list does not sound good, it hurts, you have my sympathy- :sad2:
when somebody tried this with my M5touring parked outside the 'home-garage' they did not even manage to get into the car which limited the damages to the door, door-lock and mechanism, which I felt was bad enough - grrrrrrr grrrrrrr

·
Registered
261 Posts
Really tough luck Cyrus - my heart goes out to you. One question though - why did they even try if they couldn't get past the disklok??!!

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks guys for the sympathy.

I have a good idea of the chav that did this, owns 3 E30's, caught him knicking bits off my E30 once.

I doubt my M5 is going to survive in this area now so I may have to regrettably sell it. Others in this area have found that once a car is targeted its always either taken or vandalised in another way.....think paint stripper!

Im planning to move to another house I own so I may well be able to keep it.

I hope the insurance company dont write it off, its too good for that!

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Sorry to here about this. It sickens me to think that you cannot have a nice car because you have worked hard and want the car without some D******d trashing it.

I hope you can move and keep your car.

It is obvious from the description of the damage that they did that the object of the exercise was to vandlise the car as a "normal" car thief is, according to the police and other bodies, going to want to be a away in a short time and although the damage could have been done quickly it seems it would have taken a while longer.

Simon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts