BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my NEW Vechicle Contract by post this morning.
Better late than never !!!!!

Delivery May 2005

NB92 E60 M5 Saloon S85 5.0 V10 £61755.00
Carbon Black Individual £1600.00
Black Extended Merino
354 Graduated Tint Windscreen £50.00
601 T.V Function £680.00
678 Rear Headphone System £190.00
677 Logic 7 Professional Hi-Fi £520.00
761 Sun Protect Glass £285.00
644 Bluetooth £520.00
416 Sunblinds for side and rear £320.00
620 Extended Voice Control £285.00
Z5C BMW Online Internet Portal £450.00
465 Thru Load System inc Ski Bag £340.00
496 Heated Rear Seats £255.00
4MA M Multi-Function Sport Seats £1235.00

Dealer 2* T.V Monitors in rear headrest £1500.00
Supplied

Dealer
Supplied Front Passenger/Driver Tints £150.00

Total £70,105.00

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Sounds good Ghufran.

A few quick questions for you:

(1) Are you going for the Alumnium trim?
(2) Are you sure about May delivery? Seems a bit early for a UK car.
(3) Can you please post some more info about the headrest TVs you are getting?! I want to get these as well and am currently shopping around for price & specs.

:byee55amg

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
You can't really compare becuase for what ever reason, BMWs here are much less expensive than if you simply convert currency from Pounds Sterling.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ashok Arora said:
Sounds good Ghufran.

(1) Are you going for the Alumnium trim?
(3) Can you please post some more info about the headrest TVs you are getting?! I want to get these as well and am currently shopping around for price & specs.

Hey Ashok,

Yep I'm going for Aluminium trim - what do you think, I was thinking of the
high gloss finish but not sure

The paper work certainly says May - I am the first to get the car from the dealer.

Regarding the headrests I'll ask the dealership in the morning for the supplier. You can get some cheap ones like 8inch screens but I've gone for the DVD/TV/navigation displays linked into the headrests which is why its costing £1500 which includes fitting.

I went for these coz I keep watching "Pimp my ride" on MTV - Bad habbit I caught watching this show on my wintv while I'm working late at night.

Check this site http://www.thenavigationcompany.com

Some people have commented about the price....

The price does seem expensive but thats because you are converting dollars to pounds. I haven't seen todays spot rate but its going to be high.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Ashok, Prestige Car Audio in my book are one of the best - there is the Sound Gallery in High Wycombe who are very good as well.

The Sound Gallery have always looked after me and my Nakamichi Tastes very well....

Simon:byee55amg

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Ashok Arora said:
Sounds good Ghufran.

Our car is arriving in late april, but we are not allowed to register it till the 19th of may :eek:h:

BMW wont allow it :(

all the best
adam

·
Registered
217 Posts
Nice spec. I'm in Bucks too, using the milton keynes dealer.

Are you having the headrest metal stalks drilled out, so the wires for the screens are invisible? If yes, £1500 seems a fair price because drilling the stalks is somewhat tricky

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Do the drilled-out stalks still function to properly support the head in a severe rear-end collision? to what extent does this compromise safety?

Tom

·
Registered
217 Posts
bernhtp said:
Do the drilled-out stalks still function to properly support the head in a severe rear-end collision? to what extent does this compromise safety?

Tom
Dunno. i wondered this when an installer offered to do it in my e39, but i never went head with the TV screen install. As a matter of engineering, it reduces strength/stiffness of the stalks, but only marginally as the hole is in the centre which is the part of the metal that contributes least. Frankly, it looks like the stalks have plenty of spare metal in them to support a head, they dont look sized on the limit. But I'm guessing, i dont know for sure

Drilled stalks look much nicer of course. The alternative is they thread a piece of expandable (lengthways) plastic tubing over the stalk, to hide the cables, like in this pic
http://www.sqplus.com/htdocs/img/vision/HI/Merc4.JPG

Or this, even worse
http://braybrooks.co.uk/bmw3.jpg

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
bernhtp said:

Tom
don't know - I just pay someone to do it. Anyhow BMW would not compromise safety.

They use some company to come on-site and perform the installation.

I know "The Sound Gallery" - their on castle street High Wycombe. Very
expensive equipment but they know what their doing. Have been in business
for at least 20 years. Highly recommendable !!!!!

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Ghufran - since you're going to get the Multifunction seats keep in mind that these include the "active" headrests which move to cushion your head better in case of an accident (pyrotechnically activated).

If you are getting headrest screens fitted you should ensure that the active headrest function is not compromised.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ashok Arora said:
Ghufran - since you're going to get the Multifunction seats keep in mind that these include the "active" headrests which move to cushion your head better in case of an accident (pyrotechnically activated).

If you are getting headrest screens fitted you should ensure that the active headrest function is not compromised.
already asked them - its no problem

·
Registered
55 Posts
Good specs there, congratulations.

My dealer wants me to confirm the specs immediately also.

Where did You find this option 678 rear headphone system? I can not find it anywhere...

Also, in Germany head-up display is now included, but my dealer told me You can not have tinted windscreen with it. Maybe You should check this.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts