BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all!

I just received a phone call from Parklane BMW London, asking if I want to take an early delivery. Apparently, someone dropped out before taking delivery so they were calling a few people to see if they were interested and I just happened to be one of them. The only thing is that I can't change any options and must take it the way it is. (Options include Silverstone II interior with Aluminum & Exterior, M Multi Function Seats, Full Merino Leather, Bluetooth, Logic 7 audio, Extended Voice Control, TV Function, Sun Protection Glass).

If this didn't happen, I was supposed to wait until later next year. I hesitated a bit since I really wanted to get the Comfort Access, Highbeam Assist, Piano Black with Onix Blue Individual Paint options added or changed. However, I could not resist of the idea of taking immediate delivery so I took the offer. It is ready to be produced and it would be in the dealer showroom in about 6 to 8 weeks.

I have a few questions for you guys. Please share your opinions or knowledge.

1. Does the GPS Navigation DVD Disk comes with any Region Code embeded in it? I will be purchasing M5 from England and import it to New Zealand which uses Region 4 PAL system. I hope GPS Map DVD disk does not come with any region code as the England M5 will be sure to be equipped with GPS DVD Player that will play its own region code only. I don't have much understanding about this so please share your knowledge.

2. Can you watch any DVD movies in M5?

3. I think I am getting a M5 from one of the last batches of 2005 model line up. Am I missing out a lot by not waiting for next year's model? Will there be much difference?

4. Is Comfort Access really good? Any good and bad in your opinion?

Thanks for your help guys!
:cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
547 Posts
507bhp said:
Hi, all!

I just received a phone call from Parklane BMW London, asking if I want to take an early delivery. Apparently, someone dropped out before taking delivery so they were calling a few people to see if they were interested and I just happened to be one of them. The only thing is that I can't change any options and must take it the way it is. (Options include Silverstone II interior with Aluminum & Exterior, M Multi Function Seats, Full Merino Leather, Bluetooth, Logic 7 audio, Extended Voice Control, TV Function, Sun Protection Glass).

If this didn't happen, I was supposed to wait until later next year. I hesitated a bit since I really wanted to get the Comfort Access, Highbeam Assist, Piano Black with Onix Blue Individual Paint options added or changed. However, I could not resist of the idea of taking immediate delivery so I took the offer. It is ready to be produced and it would be in the dealer showroom in about 6 to 8 weeks.

1. Does the GPS Navigation DVD Disk comes with any Region Code embeded in it? I will be purchasing M5 from England and import it to New Zealand which uses Region 4 PAL system. I hope GPS Map DVD disk does not come with any region code as the England M5 will be sure to be equipped with GPS DVD Player that will play its own region code only. I don't have much understanding about this so please share your knowledge.

3. I think I am getting a M5 from one of the last batches of 2005 model line up. Am I missing out a lot by not waiting for next year's model? Will there be much difference?

Kiwi! - what is Comfort Access? I can't find it listed anywhere? I'm also interested in answers to these questions as my car will eventually go to Oz.

I guess one way would be to contact a local dealer - I might try this, will keep you posted.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Mine came from Germany, and I had to specify to have the DVD-Drive changed to Region 2 to make sure it worked in the UK. Be sure to tell your factory to set the drive to your required region - they can do that!

I have, so far, been unable to play a DVD in it. That truly upsets me - it would be absolutely moronic if, considering all the equipment is in place, bmw did not program in the software to play DVD-Video disks.

However, in the Entertainment menu of the iDrive there is a choice of CD, CD 1-6, and DVD drive. I have no idea which DVD drive that relates to, since I've tried putting in all sorts of disks into every drive I can find, especially the actual DVD drive that the navi disk sits in, and nothing has ever worked.

Also the manual does not mention the ability to play DVD video. Incredibly annoying.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I would make absolutely certain you are going to get this car- get it in writing. My dealer offered me some one elses place in the waiting list queue when he cancelled his order and I willingly took it and was told deliveery June 1st. But BMW said in June it broke their waiting list rules and refused to allocate the car to that dealership and hence I couldn't have it!

507bhp said:
Hi, all!

·
Registered
547 Posts
Yes - I wouldn't trust a UK BMW dealership as far as I could throw them. They are terrible - customer service, vehicle service - funny thing is they will do almost everything to get the sale! I was so happy when I found a UK Spec. car from Germany - but all these things listed on the thread are great - as I will check to ensure the same has been done for mine.

·
Registered
40 Posts
4rotor said:
Kiwi! - what is Comfort Access? I can't find it listed anywhere? I'm also interested in answers to these questions as my car will eventually go to Oz.

I guess one way would be to contact a local dealer - I might try this, will keep you posted.
I believe that comfort access is not possible on the M5. Comfort access I was told is where the doors stay wherever you put them when you open them. There is no set hinge to put the door to. That is what my dealer told me when I was considering a 750i and I belive it is only the 7 series that has this feature.

K.

·
Registered
955 Posts
v10 kkb said:
I believe that comfort access is not possible on the M5. Comfort access I was told is where the doors stay wherever you put them when you open them. There is no set hinge to put the door to. That is what my dealer told me when I was considering a 750i and I belive it is only the 7 series that has this feature.

K.
you simply talking about something else. Comfort Access is a system that allows owner to unlock, fire up the engine, and drive away without taking key out.

·
Registered
40 Posts
tifosi said:
you simply talking about something else. Comfort Access is a system that allows owner to unlock, fire up the engine, and drive away without taking key out.
If that is so it just goes to prove that the Dealers do sometimes chat BS!
Not sure though if you're describing comfort access....sounds like keyless go that you're describing and that's another thing that the current M5 doesn't have.I think there is talk of the next model having it but nothing confirmed as yet.

K.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts