BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who didnt know, the LHD to RHD conversion is now complete on my E34 M5. I live in Australia where RHD is required. The car was purchased in Japan and shipped it out here.

A poor photo but I like the subject matter. My E30 M3 and my E34 M5

Cheers all
Dave

·
Registered
609 Posts
Congrats! That must have been a huge undertaking.

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,273 Posts
Dave
That must have been a b*tch of a job. Oz is far from being the cheapest place to import a car, but to then source RHD parts to convert it... well , theres no doubt you have loyalty to the M cars.

Enjoy.

Regards
Farrell

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gop-Dogg said:
If you imported it from Japan, why was it LHD? Was the car originally from mainland Europe -> Japan -> you?
Alot of cars in Japan are LHD.

Gustav said:
Lovely pics! Any more pics of both cars on the same picture?
Not yet. I hope to get some this weekend. Should make for a good photo as both the M5 and M3 are Diamondschwartz.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Wow looks great. You have 2 of 3 of my favorite cars (If only I had the space I'd have the M3 along with an e24 M6). How long did the conversion take? Did you do all the work yourself? That must have been a mountain of work.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A friend did most of the work and I helped. I make a good coffee and pass a good spanner when needed. :) It took about 10 weeks before and after our normal day jobs to complete. He has an E30 M3, E28 M5 and an E24 M6. So not a bad collection in itself.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ste said:
Does that mean your e30 M3 has had to be converted to RHD too?

Did you undertake that yourself or buy a Birds UK car?
No it was converted here by the same guys that did the M5. Its a bit of a hobby for them. They are aircraft engineers by trade, so this is just a hobby/interest they have.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts