BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this mail from my dealer this morning.

Is disapointing

I'll just have to wait until 2006...suppose I do get the 2006 model as a consolation prize.

She does mention similar impact to other dealers.

Anyone else got a similar message ?

From: Sales Director
Sent: 11 March 2005 8:45
To: Ghufran
Subject: M5 Delivery

Hi Ghufran,

Hope your well.

Unfortunatly I have some bad news. Our allocation from BMW will not arrive at our dealership until the end of the year or even Q1 2006. Such is the demand allocation and delivery has been cut back and delayed.

If there was anything I could do to speed up your allocation I would - but my hands are completly tied by BMWGB.

I know you must be disappointed but none of our customers on the allocation list will receive cars between May-Dec 2005.

BMWGB have stated this is impacting other dealerships in the UK.

I will keep you informed of any update - however I must stress I have to set your expectations for early 2006.

Please feel free to call me to discuss.

Kind Regards,
Nicky
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,479 Posts
Interesting will have to call my dealer. Will they still get the demos in April for the 19 May launch or has that been delayed
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,479 Posts
Ghufran,

Have spoken to my dealer who in turn has asked both the Area Rep and also the BMW UK Product Specialist Lee Connolly and it sounds as though your dealer is making it up. The cars are on schedule and the demo cars are currently in production. I would imagine either they are moving you down the list or have cocked up on your oprder but would ask them for a name at BMW UK for you to talk to and get confirmation.

Regards

John
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JohnH said:
Ghufran,

Have spoken to my dealer who in turn has asked both the Area Rep and also the BMW UK Product Specialist Lee Connolly and it sounds as though your dealer is making it up. The cars are on schedule and the demo cars are currently in production. I would imagine either they are moving you down the list or have cocked up on your oprder but would ask them for a name at BMW UK for you to talk to and get confirmation.

Regards

John
I was just on the call to them when I saw your message - I mentioned the name above and she core dumped. SHE WAS LYING TO ME - SHE HAS COCKED UP MY ****** ORDER.

Apart from getting under my desk she said she can't do anything for me. !!!!
EWRWER"£$"£$"£$£"$"£$"£$ £"$"£$"£$ WDFSDFSDF "£$"£$"£$"£

apologise for the outburst - but feel better. I don't think I can do anything to speed mine up - if I shout I won't achieve anything.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
342 Posts
Ghufran,

Good luck with this. :crying:
I would be in outrage too.

Maybe you should go now for the M6???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
vndkshn said:
Sounds like more than enough reson to either get any deposit back and take it elsewhere, or at a minimum get a nice discount/free accessories, etc.
guys,

The car is coming but later than thought. In fact a year later than thought. I'll leave my 7k deposit with them.

I don't think no other dealer has allocations anyway.

For now I'll wait for my CLS55 AMG which is due and I know its
due for August. That I am 110% sure off.

Regards.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
383 Posts
I totally feel for you in this situation, I had the slap in the face earlier with the expected delivery moved to September.

BMWGB have said that there is no reason the dealers have to register their demos so there might be a chance for that one as they have made such a big mistake.

Sacha...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HomerUK said:
I totally feel for you in this situation, I had the slap in the face earlier with the expected delivery moved to September.

BMWGB have said that there is no reason the dealers have to register their demos so there might be a chance for that one as they have made such a big mistake.

Sacha...
I'm ok about it to be honest. I'm going to be in and out of the country from April for the rest of the year and I can wait...its just a car after all - not worth losing sleep over but was initially angry. I woulden't want the demo because it won't have the spec I want - also they probaly order them as silver or grey colours.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
383 Posts
There will be a fair few in London over the year, so it will give you the chance to hone the spec to exactly what you want:)

In my case it was the feeling of being one of the first in the country. Also the wait, I've had a deposit down for 3 years, is starting to seem forever.

What happened to the Brabus you were getting? Did you ever post any photos?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
HomerUK said:
There will be a fair few in London over the year, so it will give you the chance to hone the spec to exactly what you want:)

In my case it was the feeling of being one of the first in the country. Also the wait, I've had a deposit down for 3 years, is starting to seem forever.

What happened to the Brabus you were getting? Did you ever post any photos?
I sold that from the dealer thinking my M5 was arriving in April-May. CLS55 AMG it is then before M5
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
383 Posts
It will be good to have someone we trust to provide us with a comparison between the 2 cars. IMO the CLS55 has crept up in price and highlighted what a bargain the M5 is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
HomerUK said:
It will be good to have someone we trust to provide us with a comparison between the 2 cars. IMO the CLS55 has crept up in price and highlighted what a bargain the M5 is.
yep it is more expensive but I get 25% of all cars through my workplace...now thats something to smile about. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
248 Posts
I would cancel the order and go to another dealer..... Never give that dealer your business again.....grrrrrrr

You now can wait for a 6 speed manual gearbox......:confused3

Also, how is the realibility on the Merc CLS? Many of my friends are going to pass on the Merc due to all of the issues.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
271 Posts
Commiserations Ghufran.

I have a feeling you will not be the only disappointed customer. I just found out that another dealer had not actually put names into the BMW ordering system and as such were not allocated any cars, so all of those people who were expecting '05 cars from this dealer won't get them until sometime in '06 at the earliest...oops
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
i saw the cls and it is a stone cold beast. very aggressive looking and should handle better than the e55. the 55k motors have been very reliable to my knowledge, theyre not high revvers just compressed grunt. and a 7k deposit??? is this required? mb only chareges 1k.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Peter B said:
i saw the cls and it is a stone cold beast. very aggressive looking and should handle better than the e55. the 55k motors have been very reliable to my knowledge, theyre not high revvers just compressed grunt. and a 7k deposit??? is this required? mb only chareges 1k.
well the 7k was the 10% up front when your car is offically placed
on the system. I did spec my car further and they should have asked
for more but didn't. Funny how they asked for the money to place
the car on the system but either didn't or did it too late.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
764 Posts
Apart from getting under my desk she said she can't do anything for me. !!!!
EWRWER"£$"£$"£$£"$"£$"£$ £"$"£$"£$ WDFSDFSDF "£$"£$"£$"£

You may want to double check desire for this, as BMW will assume no responsibility for their franchised dealers....... hiha
Any thoughts about buying elsewhere in the EU?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
zzzzMD said:
Apart from getting under my desk she said she can't do anything for me. !!!!
EWRWER"£$"£$"£$£"$"£$"£$ £"$"£$"£$ WDFSDFSDF "£$"£$"£$"£

You may want to double check desire for this, as BMW will assume no responsibility for their franchised dealers....... hiha
Any thoughts about buying elsewhere in the EU?
your a funny guy - kill you last ;)

don't want to drive any imports - had two slots but sold them for $
the problem with imports is they drop in value big time and not as
desirable as they once used to be.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,479 Posts
Ghufran,

Most people I know including myself have only had to put a max £1000 deposit so think your dealer is really out of order asking for 10%. I can understand if it an outrageous spec or individual order but for a standard M5 with a long waiting list dont understand why such a large deposit is required.
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top