BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How u doin guys
Here are my pics as I promised, and they aren't the usual ones we see on the net, I tried to take different angles of the car that are nice as a background image.

Anyways, when I reached the companyt the day I took my baby, the owner came to me and directly said "I'm ordering an M5!" Me: "Why?" Him: "I know someone who is a pilot(didn't ask where he lives), and the BMW company allowed him to test drive the M5 and M6 and he drove them. I askd him which car he prefers, and he says the M5. Why? He says because it's more fun to drive, although the M6 does seem more grippy, better handling, and lower to drive but the M5 just swerves(skids) better." I felt so good at that time so I ran up to see my M5. The color is just amazing, giving a very sporty color, and looks better than the blue color in the e39 M5 forgot its color name. I waited till they put some plate number on it. I was on a HUGE rush. when they put it, I took off.

I got my gf, 2 friends, and my small bro and we went up to my village(took 1.30 hrs). I'm not gonna bore you about its details and ride because you guys already know. So I'll compare it to out CL55. It handles so good that I go into a turn at 90 to 100Km/hr, and don't feel a thing. The side bolsters hold you as u turn, it's really cool. But the CL55 feels so heavyweighted and nose heavy, I have to slow to a turn and not apply the throttle(or I can just Punch it and skid through the curve that'll be fun, but I wanna see how the M5 does it) By the way, for u people who don't know about the roads in Lebanon, there are no laws to speed!! the whole road is a racetrack:7:. you can skid, u can speed, u can do just about anything and there are no speed cameras mmmmmm. Anyways, the car really pulls at P400. even at 5th gear, it can go uphill at 70km/h and even overtake a car going at constant speed. People on the road didn't recognise the car. They'd probably say"that's a nice 5 series
" unless I press the throttle a bit or shift the gear down
. The car can take potholes and nothing will happen, unlike my bro's BRABUS 19" wheels that screw up every day.

Over there, the fule take went down more than a quater!! OH MY GOSH! That car sures drinks a lot. Anyways, I took the pics there and showed it to my dad. He didn't like the cars looks at all. He says"it looks like a japanese car". I got nothing to say to him. Also before he said it looked like a matchbox car and very plain looking. He opened the door and closed it a bit. Usually our S class sucks the door in when not closed properly. He got furious"I payed 170,000$ for a car that doesn't close properly??" and he opened and closed the trunk"this thing is suppose to open and close by itself" he looked at the interior and didn't say anything :hihi:. He doesn't really know about the other huge potential of it(the power)!!. I just told him that it can go with the Gallardo nose by nose. He didn't care!! But it dont matter to me what my dad thinks at all.

Then I showed it to my uncle. He is a HUGE fan of M5, he drove every M5 before the E60 and now has an E39 M5. He loved it! And he told me"don't let anyone drive it, even ur daddy :hihi:! and don't go in 1st gear, use the second gear more often(yeah right
!)".

The next day, as I was going back down, I meet up with an Sti. I was like "****, if only I finished my break in". he went in front of me and floored it. I floored it with him but reaching 5.5 rev and change gears. Amazingly, I kept up with him; no difference at all, no one is pulling off. When I reached 170km/h, i slowed down and he slowed down with me. I went beside him and said"I was racing u while im in a break in" he said "i know, i know :hihi:".

I went down to te beach to see my other friends. I saw a person who's with me in college and said" there's an awesome M5 parked right front of the beach in blue!!(also there was 2 ContiGT's there, wish I went and took pics, one white an one red beside my M5!!!(Saudi numbers)). I told him it's mine, and he got amazed.

So far I did 600Km in 2 days(not bad right?) and counting. Im loving every bit of that car, It is the first Bimmer I've ever bought and will be with me for a very very long time. I'm beginning to be a BMW fanatic!! And it's not that i'm hating mercs, I love them for their huge torque. But Luxury , less sportiveness, and heaviness don't apply to me anymore.

PS, I can't be able to upload, it kept on saying document contains no data. Pls help..

·
Registered
188 Posts
By the way.. how old are you??

Hope you like my friend who at 21 has a Black M3 CSL.. Pearl White 996 Turbo and a GT3 RS with red package.. and an M6 on the way for passing his mid-year exams!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hehe. I'm 22 and i have the M5 for myself. :1:

greggb said:
By the way.. how old are you??

Hope you like my friend who at 21 has a Black M3 CSL.. Pearl White 996 Turbo and a GT3 RS with red package.. and an M6 on the way for passing his mid-year exams!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Jad said:
How u doin guys
Here are my pics as I promised, and they aren't the usual ones we see on the net, I tried to take different angles of the car that are nice as a background image.

Anyways, when I reached the companyt the day I took my baby, the owner came to me and directly said "I'm ordering an M5!" Me: "Why?" Him: "I know someone who is a pilot(didn't ask where he lives), and the BMW company allowed him to test drive the M5 and M6 and he drove them. I askd him which car he prefers, and he says the M5. Why? He says because it's more fun to drive, although the M6 does seem more grippy, better handling, and lower to drive but the M5 just swerves(skids) better." I felt so good at that time so I ran up to see my M5. The color is just amazing, giving a very sporty color, and looks better than the blue color in the e39 M5 forgot its color name. I waited till they put some plate number on it. I was on a HUGE rush. when they put it, I took off.

I got my gf, 2 friends, and my small bro and we went up to my village(took 1.30 hrs). I'm not gonna bore you about its details and ride because you guys already know. So I'll compare it to out CL55. It handles so good that I go into a turn at 90 to 100Km/hr, and don't feel a thing. The side bolsters hold you as u turn, it's really cool. But the CL55 feels so heavyweighted and nose heavy, I have to slow to a turn and not apply the throttle(or I can just Punch it and skid through the curve that'll be fun, but I wanna see how the M5 does it) By the way, for u people who don't know about the roads in Lebanon, there are no laws to speed!! the whole road is a racetrack:7:. you can skid, u can speed, u can do just about anything and there are no speed cameras mmmmmm. Anyways, the car really pulls at P400. even at 5th gear, it can go uphill at 70km/h and even overtake a car going at constant speed. People on the road didn't recognise the car. They'd probably say"that's a nice 5 series
" unless I press the throttle a bit or shift the gear down
. The car can take potholes and nothing will happen, unlike my bro's BRABUS 19" wheels that screw up every day.

Over there, the fule take went down more than a quater!! OH MY GOSH! That car sures drinks a lot. Anyways, I took the pics there and showed it to my dad. He didn't like the cars looks at all. He says"it looks like a japanese car". I got nothing to say to him. Also before he said it looked like a matchbox car and very plain looking. He opened the door and closed it a bit. Usually our S class sucks the door in when not closed properly. He got furious"I payed 170,000$ for a car that doesn't close properly??" and he opened and closed the trunk"this thing is suppose to open and close by itself" he looked at the interior and didn't say anything :hihi:. He doesn't really know about the other huge potential of it(the power)!!. I just told him that it can go with the Gallardo nose by nose. He didn't care!! But it dont matter to me what my dad thinks at all.

Then I showed it to my uncle. He is a HUGE fan of M5, he drove every M5 before the E60 and now has an E39 M5. He loved it! And he told me"don't let anyone drive it, even ur daddy :hihi:! and don't go in 1st gear, use the second gear more often(yeah right
!)".

The next day, as I was going back down, I meet up with an Sti. I was like "****, if only I finished my break in". he went in front of me and floored it. I floored it with him but reaching 5.5 rev and change gears. Amazingly, I kept up with him; no difference at all, no one is pulling off. When I reached 170km/h, i slowed down and he slowed down with me. I went beside him and said"I was racing u while im in a break in" he said "i know, i know :hihi:".

I went down to te beach to see my other friends. I saw a person who's with me in college and said" there's an awesome M5 parked right front of the beach in blue!!(also there was 2 ContiGT's there, wish I went and took pics, one white an one red beside my M5!!!(Saudi numbers)). I told him it's mine, and he got amazed.

So far I did 600Km in 2 days(not bad right?) and counting. Im loving every bit of that car, It is the first Bimmer I've ever bought and will be with me for a very very long time. I'm beginning to be a BMW fanatic!! And it's not that i'm hating mercs, I love them for their huge torque. But Luxury , less sportiveness, and heaviness don't apply to me anymore.

PS, I can't be able to upload, it kept on saying document contains no data. Pls help..
Jad Congrats Man I am sure you are having FUN :thumbsup:

We need to see pics please :byee55amg

·
Registered
546 Posts
Nice story, too bad your dad didn`t like the beast... be careful while runing it in, soon you`ll be able to KILL those STIs (well at least on a straight line).

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I tried the Upload photos and the same thing happened. I can email it to you Gustav and you try to post them on my account if you can pls. Yes, the M5s are limited in Lebanon. 4 E39 M5s and so far 3 E60 M5s, another 3 in order. the car will be famous :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alright it worked. just found out my files were too big and has exceeded the required amount. So I uploaded parts of them. Thanks Gustav

·
Registered
283 Posts
He got furious"I payed 170,000$ for a car that doesn't close properly??" ... But it dont matter to me what my dad thinks at all.
It matters when he's the one who paid for it.

Anyway, congrats!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Opposite_Lock said:
It matters when he's the one who paid for it.

Anyway, congrats!
Oh no, u got it the wrong way. What I meant is, he kept on complainin about the features that comes in mercedes but not in BMW, but he doesn't really know what lies beneath. Of course hez the one who paid for it and it took me a lot to convince him in buying it. He kept on telling me before "get a CLS55". Oh no, not another Mercedes(after havin 9 mercedeses before and now!) plz thats enough.....

·
Registered
149 Posts
Jad,

Great story and excitement. I have the CLS55 and it is definitely not what you want at age 22. The Mercs are great....but not the ultimate driving machines. I understand why he thinks the Beast is not so fantastic as compared to the interior of the CLS55, the BMW looks very basic and not very posh, but it's big, safe, fast, rare and one bad *** ride.

Jad said:
Oh no, u got it the wrong way. What I meant is, he kept on complainin about the features that comes in mercedes but not in BMW, but he doesn't really know what lies beneath. Of course hez the one who paid for it and it took me a lot to convince him in buying it. He kept on telling me before "get a CLS55". Oh no, not another Mercedes(after havin 9 mercedeses before and now!) plz thats enough.....

·
Registered
203 Posts
High Timbers said:
Jad,

Great story and excitement. I have the CLS55 and it is definitely not what you want at age 22. The Mercs are great....but not the ultimate driving machines. I understand why he thinks the Beast is not so fantastic as compared to the interior of the CLS55, the BMW looks very basic and not very posh, but it's big, safe, fast, rare and one bad *** ride.
High Timbers:

Can you please give us your feedback on the CLS55? I am in a big confusion to go for what:3:

CLS55 looks STUNNING, but I heared lots of issues related to the realibility.

Waiting for your feedback.:wroom:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I usually don't take sides in cars, I'm open minded about them, no matter what car. But when it comes to my opinion, I get to be specific and picky. Hey Saudi_M5, I think the perfect car for you in Saudi is the CLS55; U'll be havin long trips and u need a comfortable car. In terms of reliability, the car is good and it rarely has problems. Some probs come from the engine but not a big one. Just make sure u don't do a burnout, our CL55 got very screwed when my small bro did a burnout(maybe its because we have it tuned to 600hp).

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have 5000 miles on my CLS55 and no problems with reliability. I had 9,000 miles on my SL55 and no problems with reliability....same engine. I have two friends with 04 E55's and no problems. They are all very good cars. Don't know what a burnout is, but my quess is I never did one.

Saudi_M5 said:
High Timbers:

Can you please give us your feedback on the CLS55? I am in a big confusion to go for what:3:

CLS55 looks STUNNING, but I heared lots of issues related to the realibility.

Waiting for your feedback.:wroom:

·
Registered
72 Posts
mabrook man very nice in blue, take care and don't drive too fast :M5launch:

:byee55amg

·
Registered
188 Posts
Burnouts...?? (Thats all Mercs are good for!! And all they ever will be good for!)

In your Merc.. take the ESP off.. press the brake with your left foot.. (quite hard) then stomp on the gas.. sometimes it requires a quick-as-you-can double jab and keep your foot nailed and the left foot on the brake.. the backend will light up something special!

Same for all SMG drivers.. in my csl do the same thing.. except no brake pedal.. DSC off and S6 selected, jab the pedal a quick-as-you can double or triple jab and keep it nailed.. It lights up like a drag car at the lights!

Should do it even better in the M5 and M6 with all that power
High Timbers said:
I have 5000 miles on my CLS55 and no problems with reliability. I had 9,000 miles on my SL55 and no problems with reliability....same engine. I have two friends with 04 E55's and no problems. They are all very good cars. Don't know what a burnout is, but my quess is I never did one.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts