BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I got a call around 5 today from the guy in Edinburgh,Scotland who I'm buying my M5 from.

"K....Just to let you know that your car is here in Edinburgh and after its PDI will be ready for you on Tuesday next week!" :M5thumbs:

This is the BEAST that I thought wouldn't be unleashed until September.....I nearly fell off my chair!:hihihi: I tried to compose myself as I began to resume some form of communication with him....."How come it's so early? (not that I was complaining, just that I didn't want there to be any mistake and it wasn't the car I had spec'd!) He tried to explain further....

" I just rang the dealer to chase up a delivery date and he told me that the car had just arrived!" :3: "K, the dealer is about 40 miles away from me so I'll go over and pick it up on Tuesday and drive it back here. What do you want me to do...Hold it here from Tuesday?".....I rewound the last sentence to the I'll go and pick it up line.....No way!!!! I don't want 50 plus miles when I get my hands on it! :nono:

"Ask the dealer to put it on a transporter to you" Remembering that I am paying over list for my BEAST I wanted to be the one putting the first miles on it:M5launch: How many miles should I expect to be on the car? I believe that "delivery mileage" should mean around 10-15 miles only.

Any advice would be appreciated. The dealer is up in Scotland so I'm considering flying up to Edinburgh to pick it up and driving the BEAST back:wroom:

Or better still I might do what Ghufran did and wait eagerly at my door for a transporter to bring it to me!...Decisions..... decisions.....Does anyone have an idea of how much a transporter to Manchester would cost?

I'm going to have a few sleepless nights until I'm behind that beautiful steering wheel.......CAN'T WAIT:wroom:

K.

·
Registered
205 Posts
v10 kkb said:
Hi everyone,

I got a call around 5 today from the guy in Edinburgh,Scotland who I'm buying my M5 from.

"K....Just to let you know that your car is here in Edinburgh and after its PDI will be ready for you on Tuesday next week!" :M5thumbs:

This is the BEAST that I thought wouldn't be unleashed until September.....I nearly fell off my chair!:hihihi: I tried to compose myself as I began to resume some form of communication with him....."How come it's so early? (not that I was complaining, just that I didn't want there to be any mistake and it wasn't the car I had spec'd!) He tried to explain further....

" I just rang the dealer to chase up a delivery date and he told me that the car had just arrived!" :3: "K, the dealer is about 40 miles away from me so I'll go over and pick it up on Tuesday and drive it back here. What do you want me to do...Hold it here from Tuesday?".....I rewound the last sentence to the I'll go and pick it up line.....No way!!!! I don't want 50 plus miles when I get my hands on it! :nono:

"Ask the dealer to put it on a transporter to you" Remembering that I am paying over list for my BEAST I wanted to be the one putting the first miles on it:M5launch: How many miles should I expect to be on the car? I believe that "delivery mileage" should mean around 10-15 miles only.

Any advice would be appreciated. The dealer is up in Scotland so I'm considering flying up to Edinburgh to pick it up and driving the BEAST back:wroom:

Or better still I might do what Ghufran did and wait eagerly at my door for a transporter to bring it to me!...Decisions..... decisions.....Does anyone have an idea of how much a transporter to Manchester would cost?

I'm going to have a few sleepless nights until I'm behind that beautiful steering wheel.......CAN'T WAIT:wroom:

K.
Flying to Edinburgh and then drive the car home sounds like the perfect joint venture of business and pleasure ;)

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
I agree. Here Ive taken delivery of cars with as little as 1 mile or as many as 15 on the ODO.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Congrats! Hope to see some pictures soon. I'd say break a leg but that would be tempting fate... :3:

·
Registered
72 Posts
v10 kkb said:
Hi everyone,

How many miles should I expect to be on the car? I believe that "delivery mileage" should mean around 10-15 miles only.
There were 23km on mine at delivery.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,823 Posts
Congratulations. I would have had the same reaction about the prospect of someone else driving the first 50 miles. We will be eager to see pictures and hear of how you retrieved your machine.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Nice One K

i remember gettin that kind of call a couple of weeks back.

going to pick up the car, i had the wierdest experience on the way to the dealer....seeing my car driving away from the dealership...going to get the tracker fitted.

after doing the paperwork at the dealer, went to the bodyshop to collect, and the car wasn't there! 2 of the mechanics had gone to fill it up. i heard them coming back before i say them!!

when they pulled up, the driver says "can't believe it, when we got there, it was already full"

told them i didn't mind waitin another 5 mins while they took it round the block a few times....felt good to let them share in the M experience.

had about 6 miles on it when i got in.

i suggest you do the fly drive.

look forward to seeing another M around S Mcr

Shehzad

·
Registered
95 Posts
Congrats on the new arrival you are going to love it.

Mine had 13 miles on the clock which I was told was about the norm (couple of miles at delivery to dealer and then a 10 mile test drive)

I would definately go to the dealer to collect. Spending 70k on a car is still a biggy and I spent an hour going over the car with the chief technician at my dealer ship. Well worth doing even though the car was faultless.

One thought though is that the drive back to Manchester is a longish motorway haul that is hardly the ideal first few miles

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Chris.

I had thought of that and part of me wants that 1200 miles on as quick as poss and the 300 miles or so would help do that quicker!:wroom: But the other part wants to take my time getting to know and understand the BEAST first before taking her to the full 507! Spoke to him again today and he confirmed that the car is definitely the one I'd spec'd and that he was going to get them to put it on a transporter but they wouldn't be able to do this until Thursday/Friday this week. No problem waiting the extra couple of days.....I wasn't expecting it until September anyway! :M5rev:
I'll keep everyone posted and if I can stay out of it long enough I'll get some snaps on the forum!

K.
One thought though is that the drive back to Manchester is a longish motorway haul that is hardly the ideal first few miles[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes Shehzad,

Cheers bro! Can't believe you didn't mind the boys drilling your car! You're a compassionate man or is it that you wanted them to experience something that you have time and time again to experience! Either way bro you're good!
Where you from? Be good to link up when mine actually arrives! Give me a pm and maybe we could hook up!:M5launch:

You, like a lot of other people on the board know how I'm feeling right now.....hiha
Aint too long now:M5eyes:

K.

sc555 said:
Nice One K

i remember gettin that kind of call a couple of weeks back.

going to pick up the car, i had the wierdest experience on the way to the dealer....seeing my car driving away from the dealership...going to get the tracker fitted.

after doing the paperwork at the dealer, went to the bodyshop to collect, and the car wasn't there! 2 of the mechanics had gone to fill it up. i heard them coming back before i say them!!

when they pulled up, the driver says "can't believe it, when we got there, it was already full"

told them i didn't mind waitin another 5 mins while they took it round the block a few times....felt good to let them share in the M experience.

had about 6 miles on it when i got in.

i suggest you do the fly drive.

look forward to seeing another M around S Mcr

Shehzad

·
Registered
123 Posts
That is great. I am about 3 weeks away and getting excited. Can you upload a load of interior pics in particular please.

Thanks

v10 kkb said:
Hi everyone,

K.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts