BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, just thought I'd share - love this car!!!

Experienced a cool little mileage milestone today. :)

For the seasoned E39 M5 enthusiasts - what gear am I in?

Ok, maybe you don't have to be that seasoned to get that - pretty easy trivia, I know...

Enjoy your beasts!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Congratulations on the mile stone. You should look into getting the pixels fixed; repair not replace, as the black gauges are sweet. :M5rev:

·
Registered
1,453 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Enjoy the car ! I have the same ; 2000 model, black gauges with burnt pixels ( soon to be repaired ) and similar mileage ( 130 000 kms ). LOL
I believe that is 4th gear :cheers:

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have a 2000 and also prefer the black gauges (I thought I was the only one, but I do wish the lighting matched the rest), luckily no dead pixels on mine with 125km, the ribbon strip fix doesn't look too bad, I plan to do it if it ever gets bad.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
You have a long way to go still!

I replaced my ribbon. Mine looked like yours does when it was at 125k. So far so good with the ribbon replacement holding up. It's been a little over 3 years and 75,000 miles.

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I sure hope I have a very long way to go still! Yep, 4th gear. :)

I have recently been to Germany and have an even greater appreciation of this fantastic car - Unfortunately I didn't have my M5 with me, but rented a GT-R for a day - wow - insane acceleration! Gotta love the Autobahn! Also took a couple laps around the Nurburgring (unfortunately not in my M5 nor the GT-R, but loads of fun in a 250HP VW GTI with semi-slicks and paddle-shift) - what a blast!

Anyhow, as one would imagine, BMWs absolutely EVERYWHERE in Germany. Good stuff!!! Sure wish I could open mine up on the Autobahn!!!

·
Registered
257 Posts
78k? I thought i had the lowest mileage '00 M5 out there with just 83k...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
78k? I thought i had the lowest mileage '00 M5 out there with just 83k...
:) No doubt there are others out there with many fewer miles than ours (and lots with many more!). When I bought mine just over a year ago, it had 10k miles less than it does now. Lovin' it certainly packs on the miles...

·
Registered
257 Posts
:) No doubt there are others out there with many fewer miles than ours (and lots with many more!). When I bought mine just over a year ago, it had 10k miles less than it does now. Lovin' it certainly packs on the miles...
You sure it isn't clocked? :)

·
Registered
658 Posts
My '00 has 69k miles now.

Reactions: jmartin325
1 - 15 of 15 Posts