BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is official - she is all mine and I am so in love with this car! That is all I can say. I am enjoying and relishing every minute. I drove about 11 M5's and this is the one that felt the best and was babied the most. Many of you know of my nightmare in Yakima! But, my new "lady in red" has made it easy to forget the car that just wasn't supposed to be.

She is an 02 and I hope you can see from these pics, she is in incredible condition.

I am learning all about the beautiful beast that is so admired on this board with every new drive, and am loving every minute of it.

I want to thank all of you on this board, whom I have never even met, but I feel like I know you, for all of your advice and encouragement. I feel like I am part of a new family!

A special thanks to Ard, Pcut and DavidS - thanks for your time, invaluable advise and encouragement.

Thanks again everyone! I am one happy boy! :2:

Steve Arends

Attachments

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
It is a beaute... enjoy. :byee55amg

One question, do you guys get your engine bays cleaned all the time or how does it stay that way.

If so what is the best way to clean it? Can I just go at it with a power wash?

- Kin

·
Registered
531 Posts
She looks brand new. Only 19K miles!! WOW. When you find the right one, it's all worth it!!

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
She looks great! Love how the colors of the interior and exterior just flow together with the doors open. Enjoy!
:cheers:

·
Registered
837 Posts
Good loooking color, the red on the interior looks good, take care of her and lets see how long it takes before the mod bug bites, Josh

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Congrats on the beast. The colour combination is awesome. Enjoy.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Congrats,

Best of luck and enjoy!

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Whew. That was an adventure...

But what a beauty. It looks stunningly clean, but it sounds like the mechanical condition matches the looks. very nice.

Have fun. Get a radar detector. (not in that order.. :) )

A

·
Registered
13,638 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, truly - what an adventure! The car is wonderfully clean, and I had Autoworks here in Denver give her a thorough going over, and the mechanicals look very good. Plus, she just drives solid and tight. What a delight this car is to drive! Compared to the others I drove, this one has been the best.

It feels like I have been on a bit of a crazy journey looking for my beautiful new beast. It began with months of reading this forum, scouring online ads and forums, placing phone calls and driving various cars and making crazy airplane trips (well, one anyway) across country to find the perfect beast for me. It has been largely a very enjoyable journey that grew all of a sudden crazy, but now there is the sweet resolve of having found a car that I am very happy with and learning to love by the hour and day.

Ard, I discovered a major bonus. When I was first test driving the car I noticed that it had some type of built in radar detector, but the dealer did not know what kind it was or whether it was working properly - there was no documentation included (the original owner traded for a cayenne turbo and did not supply a manual).

The car has these three little diodes built into the very top of the speedo/tack/MPH assembly that flash on and off occasionally (at least I was noticing the far right and left going off intermittently accompanied by various beeps, chortles and chirps). The dealer had no idea what they were exactly, and after purchasing I began to investigate further. I went snooping around around the front of the car and discovered a little bar, about 7" x 2" x 2" sitting at the base of one of the kidney grills, and it has written on it "k40". So, I Google "K40 radar" and I discover upon looking at their available products, that it has a built in dual K40 radar with laser defuserplus"! The bar I had located was the laser diffuser receptor. Apparently there are additional components installed up front and in the rear for the radar, which I haven't had time to locate yet.

I have since downloaded the manaul from www.k40.com and it seems like a pretty nice system! What a nice bonus don't you think! The install is particularly slick, and it all seems to be working - the left light lites up when radar is detected up front, the right one when something is behind, and I believe the middle one must go off when being pursued by laser at the front of the car. There is another little knob upon a knob that is used to select city/off/highway and to select the volume. There is another light below this knob that is either amber, off, or green, depending upon whether I have selected city, off or highway. It all apppears to work thus far!

ard said:
Whew. That was an adventure...

But what a beauty. It looks stunningly clean, but it sounds like the mechanical condition matches the looks. very nice.

Have fun. Get a radar detector. (not in that order.. :) )

A

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Another congratulations! Beautiful car. I remember picking my car up and having the same emotions. It is great to share in your enjoyment.

·
Registered
531 Posts
sarends said:
Ard, I discovered a major bonus. When I was first test driving the car I noticed that it had some type of built in radar detector, but the dealer did not know what kind it was or whether it was working properly - there was no documentation included (the original owner traded for a cayenne turbo and did not supply a manual).
Well you're doing a lot better than I am. I've got the little box in the front bumper opening below the kidneys, and a light above the lights knobs, and another matching one above the fog lamp knob. i don't have a switch to adjusts them, they just churp when I start the car up, and occationally while on the road or in town. i have no idea how to adjust it. I'm going to look around to see if they've done some stealth install where I have to play "Where's Waldo" to find the knob.

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
VERY NICE!!! I've always admired Imola Red...

·
Registered
623 Posts
Kin Mak said:
It is a beaute... enjoy. :byee55amg

One question, do you guys get your engine bays cleaned all the time or how does it stay that way.

If so what is the best way to clean it? Can I just go at it with a power wash?

- Kin
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

My BMW mechanic strongly advised me not to wash the engine compartment with any kind of a power wash, too much electronics. I simply take peace of cloth and clean it myself :cool:

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I bought the car from Rocky Mountain Eurosports - the owner's name is Leon - they are at Leetsdale and Oneida. A friend of mine bought a techno violet M3 from them about 4 years ago, and they treated him very well.

I had originally fallen in love with this car (My Imola M5) about 7 weeks ago, but they were asking too much money. After my deal fell through for an M5 in Yakima, WA, I went back and gave them a pretty low offer. We ended up slightly up from my offer (I was pleasantly surprised). They have some beautiful cars. Steve

MPRESIV said:
Congrats....I love the color combo :cool: :cool2:

Did you buy the car from a local dealer in here?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts