BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I finally got around to installing my RD Sway Bars this Saturday. Had them for over a month just sitting in the garage collecting dust. Anyhow, I'd like to share with all of you my impressions of these sway bars paired with coilovers. One word: AMAZING! I already knew these bars would make a huge difference based on the experiences of some locals (Randy and Gian). I was way too excited to get them installed.

When I took the first turn out of the shop, it was almost an immediate response. Sounds weird I know, but steering was slightly firmer. When I took the 580W on-ramp to the freeway, it was so solid and I was grinning ear to ear. I kept telling myself why I didn't upgrade to these bars years ago. It seriously eliminates all body roll and I can drive my car with much more confidence that it's planted to the road. This is the real deal and not some opinion based mod. You can literally feel the difference right away and I'm sure many of you already know that our cars are way too big and heavy to do spirited mountain driving. I would have done this mod first before anything else if I could do it again.

I'm running BC coilovers with these RD sways and I think handling is amazing. Not sure if it's for everyone but just to give you an idea I DD my car and put about 50 miles a day mostly freeway. It's firm and oddly enough I think it got 10% harsher with the sways installed. I can feel a little more of the road but the compromise is totally worth it. I'm not by any means saying this combo is too harsh but just giving you guys an idea of firmness. It reminds me a little of my e36 m3 days when I'd take freeway on-ramps at 90mph. Another weird thing is my rear tires would rub when I hit big dips (before) on the freeway and on the same bumps this morning, it's been "lessened." Probably because my whole suspension tightened up? I'm running medium on the front and stiffest in the rear as recommended per Randy LOL.

Hope this helps those that are on the fence about RD Sways.

Dan

·
Registered
DinanS2+ e60m5 6MT, s38b38 e28m5 TT/ST3, e30 TT/ST4
6,259 Posts
See what you've been missing?

:cheers:

Reactions: LeeDan00

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reactions: Fiftytwoeighty

·
Registered
6,259 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And a 3.91!

Congrats again!
I need to visit this forum less often or just de-friend you and Randy. Funny thing is, this forum gets me through the day or I'd bang my head on the wall from work stress LOL.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I'm really glad you like the sways, Dan! I'm still so baffled how it took you so damn long to get them installed haha

I think we all have Woody to thank for showing us the light :)

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm really glad you like the sways, Dan! I'm still so baffled how it took you so damn long to get them installed haha

The only light I see is the hole in my wallet when I put it up. So big now my quarters fall out hahahaa. :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
6,259 Posts

I would defer to Joe -- who bugged me for a couple of years before I picked up a set!

·
Registered
169 Posts
I agree they are great and it's one of the first mods I did after getting my car and I don't remember how it felt stock. I also run a camber/castor kit and that's a combination that I love (except not getting 10k out of a set tires suck!).

·
Registered
422 Posts
Congrats! They are amazing!

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Reactions: [email protected]

·
2,149 Posts
I think i need to really consider doing this as my next mod.. The understeer pushing her hard is starting to get to me.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I think i need to really consider doing this as my next mod.. The understeer pushing her hard is starting to get to me.
You won't be disappointed. I guarantee it.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I concur. ^

One of the few mods I noticed an immediate difference on the drive off after install.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Woody, Joe, Randy & Mike have been major culprits in twisting my arm to get these. What a difference they make for the better! Looks like you are enjoying them too. Cheers!

Reactions: randywei

·
Registered
927 Posts
Stop considering it and get er done :cheers:

Woody, Joe, Randy & Mike have been major culprits in twisting my arm to get these. What a difference they make for the better! Looks like you are enjoying them too. Cheers!
:applause:

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
740 Posts
I need to stop reading your reviews Dan! LOL! Congrats on the sways!

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I need to stop reading your reviews Dan! LOL! Congrats on the sways!
And I need to stop reading Randy's. Is this what you call a domino effect?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts