Attachments

·
Registered
318 Posts
leave it there. It's not a civic. :)

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Its very much a personal preference thing. I do not think you can get your answer by asking a community what they think. What are you willing to gain, and also sacrifice with a lower stance? Not everyone should be low, some look better than others at certain ride heights. I for one am going to be raising my car up a tad since the KW coilovers sit a lot lower than the springs did in my "latest" pictures. I cant mount my custom front lip on the car with the height it sits now.

B&G sits at a very good, conservative height. Not too low, but still fills the fender well. The differences you will find in appearance will be in the wheel and tire selection from that point.

Are your spring perches adjustable? Or are you thinking of going to coilovers if you decide to go lower?

·
Registered
931 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Looks PERFECT! What are you measurements from ground to wheel arches front and rear? They look about as low as I went with my BC Coils.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Keep it there. Are OEM shocks/struts installed? If so, how many miles on them? How is the ride with the B&Gs? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
I'm waiting for Quik to post a picture of his imola here.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Keep it there. Are OEM shocks/struts installed? If so, how many miles on them? How is the ride with the B&Gs? Thanks!
i am running OEM shocks and struts. they have 130k miles. thinking of changing those too

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm waiting for Quik to post a picture of his imola here.
tell him to post it up. i dont know who he is but i wanna see a pic of his car

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
If you give him time, he will present himself. He is like old faithful. Patience.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
6,014 Posts

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Yeah Quick will pop up..so to speak...but he has his L-O-W ...but it looks fantabulous!!

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Dammit rao! Way to be anticlimactic.

I wish there was a DISLIKE button on this forum.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I would keep it where it is at currently. It's not a Honda...Plus if you are running OEM shocks with B&G's I don't think they will last very long at all if you compress them anymore than they currently are!

Your car looks clean as is, the only thing I would do is change the wheel center caps to grey and white, versus the current blue and white. I did it on mine when I had OEM blue/white center caps on my OEM black wheels and it made a notice improvement in looks IMHO.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Yeah, with that many miles on your OEM struts, I wouldnt be surprised if they are already shot, or close to being shot. At which point, you need to consider what you want to do since you will be taking apart your rear deck and seats to get to the rear suspension. With that much effort, you may want to scrape together your pennies and get coilovers and install them. After my first B&G install, I simply wished I had paid for coilovers since it took the same amount of work to get the springs installed.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah, with that many miles on your OEM struts, I wouldnt be surprised if they are already shot, or close to being shot. At which point, you need to consider what you want to do since you will be taking apart your rear deck and seats to get to the rear suspension. With that much effort, you may want to scrape together your pennies and get coilovers and install them. After my first B&G install, I simply wished I had paid for coilovers since it took the same amount of work to get the springs installed.
i was thinking of just buying bc-r coilovers... do you know if those last?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I would keep it where it is at currently. It's not a Honda...Plus if you are running OEM shocks with B&G's I don't think they will last very long at all if you compress them anymore than they currently are!

Your car looks clean as is, the only thing I would do is change the wheel center caps to grey and white, versus the current blue and white. I did it on mine when I had OEM blue/white center caps on my OEM black wheels and it made a notice improvement in looks IMHO.

black and white will match your car because the car itself is silver.. on imola i think it might be a little too much

1 - 20 of 46 Posts